May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
V_Gonzalez said:
Thanks everybody..!!

Dory, you're the best!! I don't know what I would have done without you. Such an angel, and a positive spirit.

xoxoxox Vanessa

aweee love you Vanessa!!! I CANT WAIT TO SHARE IN YOUR JOYS!!! :) TODAY IS THE DAY!!! WELL DESERVED!!! :) XOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOXOOXOXO

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
aprilpino said:
I hear a lot of people have emailed havana for an update on their file, and then the other side of people saying definitley don't go there. Is there really any proof that it will delay your file? Makes sense, that it does take away from them actually processing files
But the uncertainty definitley has been driving me crazy! I'm only curious to know if my husband is on the interview list.

We are at 3 months in havana now.
I USED TO EMAIL THEM EVERY 3 MONTHS AND IT DID NOT DELAY MY PROCESS.. HUBBY GOT HERE IN 7 MNTHS TIP TO TOE... 2 MNTHS IN CANADA AND 5 IN HAVANA! :) BEST OF LUCK... :)

aprilpino

Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 10, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 8, 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
May 18, 2016
LANDED..........
May 28, 2016
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
I USED TO EMAIL THEM EVERY 3 MONTHS AND IT DID NOT DELAY MY PROCESS.. HUBBY GOT HERE IN 7 MNTHS TIP TO TOE... 2 MNTHS IN CANADA AND 5 IN HAVANA! :) BEST OF LUCK... :)
Ahh it definitley didn't affect it then! My husband is very hesitant for me to. He's definitley more on the positive side, thank goodness. I ordered my notes this morning , I think i will just wait for those and see what they have to say.

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
Is there anybody whose file got transferred to Havana in April? I was just wondering if they got their interview yet...

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
aprilpino said:
Ahh it definitley didn't affect it then! My husband is very hesitant for me to. He's definitley more on the positive side, thank goodness. I ordered my notes this morning , I think i will just wait for those and see what they have to say.
WAIT FOR YOUR NOTES, IF THEY SAY NO INTERVIEW THAN YOU CAN HOLD OFF- I ALWAYS GOT GENERIC ANSWERS... BUT IT HELPED SOMETIMES COS I JUST NEEDED TO HEAR THAT MY FILE WAS STILL IN MOTION HAHAHAHA....

ITS NOT EASY I REMEMBER... BUT ONCE IT'S OVER ITS THE GREATEST FEELING! :)

BEST OF LUCK!

Europeo

Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
amargo said:
Is there anybody whose file got transferred to Havana in April? I was just wondering if they got their interview yet...
Hi amargo.. My wife's file was transferred to Havana in April, and she's been in Canada since August.. Also, i have a friend who submitted in January 2015 and just had his interview 2 weeks ago.. Point is, don't take other people's timelines as gospel, a lot of this process is quite arbitrary, all you can do is use other people for tentative comparisons.

So, if you've done your homework and read more than a few pages back on this forum, you'll realize that there are people that have been waiting for over a year for their interview, there are people that got their vise after 3 months in Havana, and that there is everything in between.. key to this process (once you've actually submitted your documents) is patience and managing your (and your loved one's) expectations.. everything else is conjecture and speculation.. good luck!

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone... Stay positive!

Vanessa

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
V_Gonzalez said:
GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!!!!!

Good luck everyone... Stay positive!

Vanessa
Congratulations Vanessa, my wife did get her visa today too, looking for airline tickets right now and getting ready for her arrival :)

kikina

Nov 11, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
Doc's Request.
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
08-13-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Heidic0686 said:
How do you order your notes ?
I can't give you the URL to order the notes because it won't let me, but you can google "order GCMS notes CIC" and the first link that pops up from CIC should be the one. If not, maybe someone else on here can send you the link? :)

If you are requesting the notes for your husband, you will need his signature on one of the supporting documents (IMM 5744). It costs 5$ and it will take about 30 days or more. I ordered mine on January 20th and just got them yesterday. Apply online and ask for the electronic file.

My husband's eligibility was actually determined in November, but since we hadn't done the medical exams we got delayed. In our notes, the reason for our eligibility being decided so quickly was due to the amount of time we'd spent together (5 months in one visit), the amount of photos we'd provided (especially with friends and family from both sides), the fact we were close in age and "look well together" and that we both speak the same languages.

Shane007

Mar 2, 2016
Hi folks,

I got an email from Havana to requesting the $490 permanant residence fee and wanted the police record contract copy. I replied to them saying i had already paid the fee, which was part of the $1040, which was submitted along with the application. With this i sent them my copy of contract.

They replied back saying everything was in order and they are satisfied with the documents I sent them and they will let me know once the file is completed.

Does anyone have any idea what they mean by this? Does that mean the file is close to completion? My file was transferes to Havana January 2016.

Thnx

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
Checking in to see if anyone has any updates. I am going to go to my MP's office tomorrow to see if he can at least tell me why we are waiting. Has anyone had any luck asking their MP for help lately?

Thedean8

Dec 26, 2015
I'm in Cuba with my spouse and the embassy called my phone this morning, when I answered they hung up. I called back and it's just a voice recording. Any way to find out why they called? I read the forum before that people had missed a call and they had sent an email after explaining why they called. How long after was the wait or what would be the reason for the call?

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Thedean8, my husband got a call twice from the embassy on the same day and it also got disconnected. They emailed that same day to schedule the visa pick up date.

Thedean8

Dec 26, 2015
They called back and emailed for visa issuance date!! Exactly 4 months start to finish! Whoop whoop oyyyy that's for you Mel good luck everyone