17-04-2016
Galano1213 said:
Acording to my MP that is the time they can hold your application

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Spouse or common-law partner living outside Canada

 17 month(s) ?

Includes assessment of sponsor: 60 days

View your application status online
CIC website appears to me quite clear and makes no mention of any specific countries. This process certainly isn't easy for anyone including those that obtain their loved ones visas after "only" 4-5 months where as there have been others on this forum that have waited much longer than the "generic" timelines perhaps without rhyme or reason (yourself included). I absolutely sympathize with for you Galano1213 as you have endured a far greater wait than most. That said, I think everyone has to stay positive and we are here I believe to support one another even when things appear bleak in our own situations. I was always raised that if you have nothing good to say, say nothing. No one on here is an expert nor does anyone on here know more or less than others when it comes to Havana because they have their own opinions and do what they need to/want to.

Best of luck to everyone and may God help us reunite us all with our loved ones.

Erin

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Er84 said:
Processing time for Cuba is not 17 months. CIC has removed country specific processing timelines and provides only a generic timeline to include all countries at 17 months however this also includes 60 days of sponsor approval sponsoring so approx 15 months at the foreign VO. Again, this is not country specific. Cuba has continued to process applications with interviews being waived at approx 4-5 months and those needing interviews at approx 10. Nothing is set in stone however one only needs to read the timeline of recent application approvals to easily determine this.

My suggestion is to hang in there and let them run its course.

Cheers and good luck to all those still waiting.
This is true! I've met many people in this journey and it varies 10 months is the average if a interview is required.
I submitted to CIC on September 22 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I fall in the 3-4 months mark.

luigui

Feb 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
05-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2016
LANDED..........
17-03-2016
V_Gonzalez said:
Thanks SO much :)

He has to be there next Wednesday at 8:30am...blah blah .. which is a challenge since he's in Santiago. But a good challenge for once!! lol We're in shock!!
Congratulations Vanessa, my wife will be there at the same time too, thereafter I'll book a travel ticket, the wait is over. :)

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
luigui said:
Congratulations Vanessa, my wife will be there at the same time too, thereafter I'll book a travel ticket, the wait is over. :)
Congratulations Luigui. Very happy for you both :)

When did they notify you of your spouse's approval?

Again, congrats and best of luck in the future.

Come on Havana, don't slow down now lol ;)

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
luigui said:
YaaaaaaaayyyY!!!!!

Fingers crossed for all those waiting!!! Sending positive vibes :)

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
Does anybody know if the police certificate is still valid if obtained more than 3 months ago (it wasn't provided to Immigration yet) ?

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
amargo said:
Does anybody know if the police certificate is still valid if obtained more than 3 months ago (it wasn't provided to Immigration yet) ?
Hi amargo.

I believe that the police certificate can only be submitted if obtained within the last 3 months of date of being submitted. Once submitted it is then valid for a year. You may want to confirm that as I am not sure. I guess Havana doesn't want applicants submitting their police certificate and then going out committing crimes lol :)

Best of luck.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
amargo said:

When I first sent my application I had to redo mine because it was over 3 months old. I read it on the CIC website, I believe on the instructions of how to fill an application if Im not mistaken.

Thedean8

Dec 26, 2015
I have a question for anyone can help or advise. Immigration always is concerned with how genuine the relationship is. With that being said should I submit them any information like trips or vists to Cuba during the waiting process before immigration asks to provide any additional information?

Does this help avoid any doubt that they may have. Basically like everyone would like to be the fortunate people who can avoid an interview. So is "less more" or better to show everything before they ask?

I hope this made sense.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Thedean8 said:
I have a question for anyone can help or advise. Immigration always is concerned with how genuine the relationship is. With that being said should I submit them any information like trips or vists to Cuba during the waiting process before immigration asks to provide any additional information?

Does this help avoid any doubt that they may have. Basically like everyone would like to be the fortunate people who can avoid an interview. So is "less more" or better to show everything before they ask?

I hope this made sense.
Yes, well I did anyways. i emailed them to ask them for an update in havana and at the same time attached itineraries and any extra photos from my trips down there etc.

aprilpino

Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 21, 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 10, 2015
File Transfer...
Dec 8, 2015
Med's Done....
July 2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
May 18, 2016
LANDED..........
May 28, 2016
I hear a lot of people have emailed havana for an update on their file, and then the other side of people saying definitley don't go there. Is there really any proof that it will delay your file? Makes sense, that it does take away from them actually processing files
But the uncertainty definitley has been driving me crazy! I'm only curious to know if my husband is on the interview list.

We are at 3 months in havana now.

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
That's why I'm confused because everybody on the forum says 3 months and Canada Immigration website says 6 months. I think I have to email Havana again and get the right answer. We can't afford to waste anymore time with these people, they did enough already to spoil the party. I'm sorry to disappoint the newbies but if you didn't get the visa after 4 months in Havana, you're in for a long and frustrating process. Now we're just hoping they'll keep the 10 months time interval for an interview. Good luck everyone!

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
A little update from me, the update is nothing at all!!! We will be 11 months in Havana tomorrow, we still don't know if my husband will have an interview. We were told that a decision should be issues by yesterday.Our consultant sent a email yesterday and now we wait.

Does anyone have any news???

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
ok so just received a response.

Dear Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please note that file is awaiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. Once the decision will be issued, you will be contacted immediately.

We really appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Soooooo we wait!!

kikina

Nov 11, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
Doc's Request.
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
08-13-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
I ordered GCMS notes in January and just received them today and I'm glad I did. I found out our interview has been waived and that there are no issues in our file, and that it should only be another month until my husband gets the visa. Our file will have been in Havana for 6 months on the 21. We waited to do our medical exams which are being processed here in Canada right now. It hasn't caused any delays in our process to order these notes :)