Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Galano1213 said:
we knew in July 2015 we would have an interview Got a date for it Jan 4,2016 now waiting for an answer it is 8 weeks
Hi Galano. Wow 8 weeks you've been waiting??? Have you heard anything? Most seem to be hearing recently within a week or two.

Best of luck :)

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Inaki said:
ALazi : Did your husband go to Cuban Immigration office after the visa was granted?
My husband didn't go to any any Cuban Immigration office after his visa. What are you referring to exactly?

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
amargo said:
It should take 1.5 to 2 hrs from landing
Yep, makes sense, it took my husband a bit over 2 hours after plane landed. He landed on a Friday early afternoon. There were a lot of people in line at the immigration office.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
mslolita said:
Thanks Alazi for the information. It's been 6 business days since we submitted the police check to the embassy, i'm hopeful to hear from the embassy this week!
You should be hearing soon, we were emailed 5 business days after police check was handed in.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Heidic0686 said:
I was just wondering if your notified that your requiring an interview before the 10 month mark ?
Our file was transferred in Havana end of February 2015. My husband went to the embassy in person in June to see if he can get any update on our file. We were told that we're waiting for an interview either in November 2015 (9 months mark) or January 2016 (over 10 months). We ended up being emailed about the interview in January.
My husband was also told that we had our file reviewed in March (which was a month after it was transferred to Havana) and it was decided that we would have an interview. So I assume the embassy knows pretty early when someone requires one or not.
We went twice to the embassy during the process to get updates and it was more helpful than emailing them. I assume the info he got there is the same we would've got if we ordered gcms notes.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
cassidyxo said:
Exactly what newgirl said below. I don’t think there needs to be a specific date on it.
It was confusing for me because I got all my papers notarized, well my English ones, then when I went to foreign affairs, they said the Spanish ones needed to be notarized as well, but my lawyer didn’t speak Spanish so he wouldn’t notarize it, so I had to find a lawyer who would. It all needs to be done by a lawyer before it goes to foreign affairs.

And yes as newgirl mentioned, I didn’t bring an entourage, just my dad sister and mom. But I know some people who have brought absolutely not one person, nor has anyone in their family met their spouse, they sent this application in 6 months before me, I got mine accepted within four months, and they are still waiting. Not saying this is the only reason, but I am sure it does help! :)
Just wanted to chime in on the topic.. I brought my parents and sister to the wedding in Cuba, my parents went a few times to Cuba to my husband's before the marriage as well and we were still required for an interview.. but you are right, it probably helps a little regardless to have someone if it's possible.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Er84

This is an email we received from Havana

Dear Sir/madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please note that your file is awaiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. Once the decision will be issued, you will be advised. We kindly ask you to please wait until our office contact you.

Best regards,

V_Gonzalez

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 12/2014
File Transfer...
Mar 11/2015
Interview........
Jan 28/2016
Passport Req..
Feb 26/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2/2016
LANDED..........
Apr 21/2016
Mslolita, fingers crossed for you that you hear something today or tomorrow!!! :)

We submitted our police certificate (requested at our interview) yesterday... So we're waiting also!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Just received a call from my MP and Havana told him that they would have an answer after new medical which is March 18-19 probably in June. This is absolutely nuts That will be 17 months in Havana

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
sorry guysss!! totally misunderstood!!! lol.... that office hubby went to was nothing to do with immigration lol. it was for a drivers license he had... anyways...

the embassy gives the visa and he got a white paper with all my info on it too... where he would live that I was his wife blah blah blah....

good luck to all that are waiting... and to all that are about to start their lives together her in Canada!! .

xoox dory

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
V_Gonzalez said:
Mslolita, fingers crossed for you that you hear something today or tomorrow!!! :)

We submitted our police certificate (requested at our interview) yesterday... So we're waiting also!
Thanks so much! And to you..nothing yet :(

Heidic0686

May 4, 2015
This is what I recieved today from sending an email yesterday asking what the status of our applicationis at. Pretty generic answer ....

Dear Madam,

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

Please note that your file is awaiting to be reviewed by an immigration officer. Once the decision will be issued, our office will contact you.

Best regards,

Immigration Section / Section de l'Immigration 34

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Got the same generic email on Feb 23rd

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
This is an email I just received from my Senators office

In December, the department changed the way in which Parliamentarians make enquiries on these applications. Havana had given me some leeway until now, but I am no longer able to contact them directly to ask questions about the file.

Guess the Liberals aren't all that interested in helping unify families.

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
cassidyxo said:
Exactly what newgirl said below. I don’t think there needs to be a specific date on it.
It was confusing for me because I got all my papers notarized, well my English ones, then when I went to foreign affairs, they said the Spanish ones needed to be notarized as well, but my lawyer didn’t speak Spanish so he wouldn’t notarize it, so I had to find a lawyer who would. It all needs to be done by a lawyer before it goes to foreign affairs.

And yes as newgirl mentioned, I didn’t bring an entourage, just my dad sister and mom. But I know some people who have brought absolutely not one person, nor has anyone in their family met their spouse, they sent this application in 6 months before me, I got mine accepted within four months, and they are still waiting. Not saying this is the only reason, but I am sure it does help! :)

Cassidy I am in the same boat with the papers and the lawyer . My lawyer signed all my English ones and my Spanish affidavit but is not keen on signing the Spanish birth certificate ....I found another lawyer that told me she would sign that one no issue ... I am worried having two different lawyers will affect my paperwork ?? Did it not affect yours ??