File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Thanks for the quick response..i'm hopeful to hear from them tomorrow!!!

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
Not in my case, even though there was a short notice, considering the logistic challenges they face in Cuba, they still had a couple weeks to present themselves in the embassy. They might have done this as the interview was waved and they only needed to stamp the passport.

Maybe some of the persons who have already passed this stage can clarify – Thanks in advance!!

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Dude0013 said:
Hello,

My wife will be traveling to Canada this week. Does anyone know how long of a wait at the airport I can expect? I know she will have to show her paperwork from the Havana Embassy. Just wondering.
IT ALL DEPENDS, MY HUSBAND FLEW OUT... I ALMSOT DIDNT MAKE IT THERE ON TIME... I WALKED THROUGH THE DOORS... AND 5 MINS LATER HE CAME WALKING OUT... WE STILL LAUGH TO THIS DAY... IT WAS QUICKER THAN A CANADIAN CLEARING CUSTOMS

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Inaki said:
Not in my case, even though there was a short notice, considering the logistic challenges they face in Cuba, they still had a couple weeks to present themselves in the embassy. They might have done this as the interview was waved and they only needed to stamp the passport.

Maybe some of the persons who have already passed this stage can clarify – Thanks in advance!!

I THINK THIS IS WHAT HELPED MY HUSBAND CLEAR IMMIGRATION QUICKHERE IN CANADA... AFTER HE GOT HIS VISA HE WENT TO AN OFFICE IN VARADERO THEY GAVE HIM PAPERWORK AND WHEN HE LANDED IT TOOK LITERALLY THE TIME TO GET HIS LUGGAGE AND A FREIENDLY HELLO FROM THE OFFICERS AND THEY SENT HIM THROUGH THE DOORS! I WOULD RECCOMEND IT GETS DONE IN CUBA - ITS MUCH EASIER HERE AT THAT POINT!

D

amargo

Oct 28, 2015
MsLolita, your husband didn't have the interview yet? This is too much!!! I wrote even to the Prime minister, and I can see they started to make some changes but its too late for us (whoever sent the application in between December 2014 and March 2015). Good luck!

roddy43

Feb 24, 2016
Hello everyone! I am new on here. I am wondering if anyone has contacted Havana simply on an update on their application?
I hear this can delay your file, is there much to this, if just wanting an update? I am unable to login to ecas for some reason or another. But I know my our application has been received in Havana from an email.
Cheers!

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
mslolita said:
Dude did you get the email for your wife to go to the embassy on Thursday and appointment for a Wednesday?
I'm reviewing some othere who were in the similar situation (new police check required after interview). It appears that you and Alazi were both emailed on Thursday for appointment on a Wednesday. can you confirm this?
I was emailed on a wednesday to be next wednesday (in a week) for visa pickup. And we also had "problems" with photo specifications... just like all 25 ppl waiting for their visa that day. The embassy will send you to their specific photo service regardless of how goods your pictures are.... at least it doesnt delay anything.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
amargo said:
MsLolita, your husband didn't have the interview yet? This is too much!!! I wrote even to the Prime minister, and I can see they started to make some changes but its too late for us (whoever sent the application in between December 2014 and March 2015). Good luck!
Hello- he had the interview on Feb 1st. We were asked to submit a new police check to the embassy. we're waiting for the embassy to contact us now.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
ALazi said:
I was emailed on a wednesday to be next wednesday (in a week) for visa pickup. And we also had "problems" with photo specifications... just like all 25 ppl waiting for their visa that day. The embassy will send you to their specific photo service regardless of how goods your pictures are.... at least it doesnt delay anything.
Thanks Alazi for the information. It's been 6 business days since we submitted the police check to the embassy, i'm hopeful to hear from the embassy this week!

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
roddy43 said:
Hello everyone! I am new on here. I am wondering if anyone has contacted Havana simply on an update on their application?
I hear this can delay your file, is there much to this, if just wanting an update? I am unable to login to ecas for some reason or another. But I know my our application has been received in Havana from an email.
Cheers!
I recommend that you do not contact them for an update, only contact Havana with updates to the file (i.e. address or telephone number change), they will contact you or your spouse if they need more info. As for ECAS dont be too worried about not having access, regular updates are not posted.

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Heidic0686 said:
I was just wondering if your notified that your requiring an interview before the 10 month mark ?
Heidi I knew at 3 months that we were getting an interview. My friend knew at 4 months. And another at 7 months. How do we know? We emailed and asked. It's that easy.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
we knew in July 2015 we would have an interview Got a date for it Jan 4,2016 now waiting for an answer it is 8 weeks