January 2016
AOR Received.
April 14 2016
File Transfer...
April 19 2016
Med's Done....
January 2016
Dude0013 said:
My wife will arrive in Canada this week. Papers were filed Dec 2014. Visa granted February 2016.

It has been a frustrating journey, thank you all for your support.

Cheers

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with application
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
newgirl1 said:
The single status affidavit is just a paper written by you swearing that you have never been married blah blah blah. One in English and then the same thing in Spanish. Since this part was simple I just wrote it and my Spanish speaking friend wrote the same thing out for me in Spanish and I just took them to a notary. Maybe going to a Spanish/English speaking notary will be easiest. Sorry I havent sent it to you yet. ill check for it now.

In regards to family coming down for the wedding, in my case only my mom and dad came and ours was also processed as fast as Cassidy's (my brothers passport was expired so even he didn't come) and I didn't invite any of my friends because we wanted to do a big wedding once he already came to Canada. (Lol which is the last thing on my mind at this point!) But if more people come it wouldn't hurt fore sure :) but it's not a deal breaker I guess.
I know of a translator who will translate and notarize the documents for you. She is great and gets it done within 24-28 hours. Send me a PM and I can provide more details.

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
mslolita said:
Interesting...my husband was told either 17 days or 25. he requested it 14 days ago.
My husband requested his Police Check December 21, 2016 and did not receive until January 15, 2016. I am sure the holiday's had a lot to do with the long wait time but he was told Havana is taking a lot longer than usual.

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
cassidyxo said:
I would go and stay at my husbands house for a month or two weeks and they would give me a 3 month visa everytime. They just said I need to extend it if I decided to stay longer. No one ever checked his house. They just needed to see he owned it and our marriage certificate! So your husband doesn't have to worry about that!
This costs $30 CUC correct? For the visa from immigration and it lasts 3 months?

Ap789

Feb 12, 2016
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
29-07-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-11-2016
LANDED..........
November 21 2016
pastrj said:
This costs $30 CUC correct? For the visa from immigration and it lasts 3 months?

It's 40 cuc for the first month for the family visa and 25 cuc every month after the first initial payment of 40 cuc for the first month . I stayed for 3 months last year . They required my passport , proof of medical insurance and the 40 in stamps to grant me my first month family visa and then 25 each month after and I again had to bring my medical , passport and visa . This was in holguin

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Ap789 said:
It's 40 cuc for the first month for the family visa and 25 cuc every month after the first initial payment of 40 cuc for the first month . I stayed for 3 months last year . They required my passport , proof of medical insurance and the 40 in stamps to grant me my first month family visa and then 25 each month after and I again had to bring my medical , passport and visa . This was in holguin
Thank you Apr79!

pastrj

Aug 18, 2015
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2016
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Mr.Keilani said:
Hey Aprilpino
no they never asked us for anything along the way as we submit absolutely everything when i initially sent the application , i went over it over and over again to make sure we had everything because i knew it would be delayed if something was missing . i submit that contract for the police check and all our receipts from my wifes medical with our application .
tip to toe it was 5 months in total
Can someone explain what the "contract" for the police check is? I only submitted the paperwork he got from with the "sellos" on the back?? Is this not considered the receipt?
I'm worried now because I submitted on Feb 22 and did not include this "contract".

Dude0013

Nov 10, 2015
Hello,

My wife will be traveling to Canada this week. Does anyone know how long of a wait at the airport I can expect? I know she will have to show her paperwork from the Havana Embassy. Just wondering.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
I was with my friend and her husband on the plane when he first arrived to Canada. If i recall it took about 20 -30 minutes with immigration at the Toronto Airport for him to pass through to baggage.

Inaki

Jan 31, 2012
Hello.

Just an update on my previous post. My wife and daughter went to the embassy in the morning and they were called to review the documents. They had, as well as most of the people in the room to go to a “Particular” to have the photos taken again as the one they brought did not meet the specification according to the officer who actually measured the dimensions of the photo. That was quick. Once they had the pictures taken, they returned to the embassy where they collected the passport and were asked to return in the afternoon… absolutely no questions asked. They were given the passport with the visa stamped and they returned some of the evidences we provided to support the case. (only some they kept most of the package). It is strongly recommended that the people who are called to present themselves with the passport and photo, make sure to check the specification of the photo and if possible take the photo close to the embassy where they seem to be more familiar with the process.

They were given a document in which it states that among other things that they have to go to Immigration Cuba. Does anyone know what is the purpose of reporting to Immigration? Does it has to do with their properties back home and “la libreta de comida”?

Maybe some of the person who has already passed this stage can clarify – Thanks in advance!!

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Dude did you get the email for your wife to go to the embassy on Thursday and appointment for a Wednesday?
I'm reviewing some othere who were in the similar situation (new police check required after interview). It appears that you and Alazi were both emailed on Thursday for appointment on a Wednesday. can you confirm this?

Dude0013

Nov 10, 2015
mslolita said:
Dude did you get the email for your wife to go to the embassy on Thursday and appointment for a Wednesday?
I'm reviewing some othere who were in the similar situation (new police check required after interview). It appears that you and Alazi were both emailed on Thursday for appointment on a Wednesday. can you confirm this?
Hello,

Yes you are correct. I was also asked to submit the receipt for the original medical exam.

Cheers