+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Mr.Keilani said:
Hey everyone !
Im going to get my wife at the end of march and bringing her home to toronto. What do we need to bring to the airport with us , i booked the flight with West Jet . Do they just require her passport and her visa ?
any info would be much appreciated
thanks !
congrats Alazi !!!
Thanks Mr.Keilani.

My husband is flying with Cubana, he got the electronic ticket just in case but usually just passport with the visa in it.
That and the immigration paper you got from the embassy (needed once you get in Canada).

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Little castle said:
Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to come across this forum! I've read through the posts and love how supportive and helpful everyone is!
I'm in the early stages, with an end goal of supporting a spouse to Canada and would love some advice and support :)
I'm planning to marry my Cuban boyfriend at the end of April/early May and just want to make sure I have everything in order. I'll just fire away with some questions:
-What are the documents I should have prepared with me when I go to Havana?
-Does anyone know a link for getting the paperwork to fill out proving I've never been married nor had kids? (I heard you can do this provincially if you were born in a province. Although I was born a Canadian citizen and moved/lived in Canada before I was 1...I don't have a birth certificate saying I was born in Canada. Anyone previously in the same boat and know what documents to use?)
- After getting married in Havana is it better to apply for sponsorship when I arrive back in Canada...or can something be started there?
-Any other advice for these confusing first steps??
Again, so pleased to find all your advice and stories here! Thanks in advance for any tips you can share :D
Oh mannn i got married Almost 2 years ago so i cant remember so u will need to go thought the forum or someone who recently did it may be able to Help you. Other than that here is the link from the cuban Embassy with info on what u need before u go to Cuba to get married. http://www.cubadiplomatica.cu/canada/EN/ConsularServices.aspx#LegCertForeignDocs

Hold on i will find my sigle status Affidavit and post it here for you to copy. You will need to get it notarized

Europeo

Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Mr.Keilani said:
Hey everyone !
Im going to get my wife at the end of march and bringing her home to toronto. What do we need to bring to the airport with us , i booked the flight with West Jet . Do they just require her passport and her visa ?
any info would be much appreciated
thanks !
congrats Alazi !!!
Congrats to you and everyone who got good new as of late. To answer your question, make sure that your significant other's Cuban passport has the necessary "prorroga", which is (for lack or better term/explanation) sort of an extension stamp/seal that Cuban passports require to have every 2 years with their 6 year validity period. They need to do this before they show up at a Cuban airport ready to board if they want to avoid delays/hassle.

I don't recall exactly what my wife paid to get this done in Havana before leaving, but if was fairly cheap. since i can;t put links here, the following is directly from the MINREX website:

El pasaporte cubano es válido por 2 años, prorrogable por igual término hasta una vigencia total de 6. Si su pasaporte tiene ya más de 4 años de expedido y nunca ha sido Prorrogado debe solicitar dos Prórrogas para su Pasaporte.

Otherwise, her visa paperwork and the passport are all they need.. cheers!

Mr.Keilani

May 6, 2015
Thanks Europeo
we actually just got that done in Banes just after new years so i guess she is good to go !
haha now that she has her visa and coming here im a bit nervous even though this is all we ever wanted . at least she is coming in spring !
thanks again !

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Little castle said:
Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to come across this forum! I've read through the posts and love how supportive and helpful everyone is!
I'm in the early stages, with an end goal of supporting a spouse to Canada and would love some advice and support :)
I'm planning to marry my Cuban boyfriend at the end of April/early May and just want to make sure I have everything in order. I'll just fire away with some questions:
-What are the documents I should have prepared with me when I go to Havana?
-Does anyone know a link for getting the paperwork to fill out proving I've never been married nor had kids? (I heard you can do this provincially if you were born in a province. Although I was born a Canadian citizen and moved/lived in Canada before I was 1...I don't have a birth certificate saying I was born in Canada. Anyone previously in the same boat and know what documents to use?)
- After getting married in Havana is it better to apply for sponsorship when I arrive back in Canada...or can something be started there?
-Any other advice for these confusing first steps??
Again, so pleased to find all your advice and stories here! Thanks in advance for any tips you can share :D
Hi. First off congratulations to you and your soon to be husband
I'll answer your questions best to my ability!
1. Not sure what you mean by Havana for your marriage, unless your husband lives in Havana. I had to bring with me when I got married to the consultoria in my husbands town
- my single status and long birth certificate, both in English and Spanish, notarized by a lawyer both Spanish and English,, stamped by foreign affairs both Spanish and English, and stamped by the embassy of Cuba, both the Spanish and English.
2. The single status affidavit, as I see newgirl hopefully sent to you!
3. As for your birth certificate, I didn't have my long one either. I had to call service Ontario (or whenever you are in Canada) and order it and they mailed it to me within a week.
4. Advice for the wedding... Bring as much of your side of the family with you to the wedding as you can and take billions of pictures. Even if you have to hold off on the wedding until your family can come, make it happen. It might not be a reason, but potentially one of the reasons, we went through the process so fast. They really want to see YOUR side of the families support in all this.
And patienceeeeeeee!

Good luck with everything!!

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
cassidyxo said:
Hi. First off congratulations to you and your soon to be husband
I'll answer your questions best to my ability!
1. Not sure what you mean by Havana for your marriage, unless your husband lives in Havana. I had to bring with me when I got married to the consultoria in my husbands town
- my single status and long birth certificate, both in English and Spanish, notarized by a lawyer both Spanish and English,, stamped by foreign affairs both Spanish and English, and stamped by the embassy of Cuba, both the Spanish and English.
2. The single status affidavit, as I see newgirl hopefully sent to you!
3. As for your birth certificate, I didn't have my long one either. I had to call service Ontario (or whenever you are in Canada) and order it and they mailed it to me within a week.
4. Advice for the wedding... Bring as much of your side of the family with you to the wedding as you can and take billions of pictures. Even if you have to hold off on the wedding until your family can come, make it happen. It might not be a reason, but potentially one of the reasons, we went through the process so fast. They really want to see YOUR side of the families support in all this.
And patienceeeeeeee!

Good luck with everything!!
Thank you Cassidy for this info and your congrats!! I'm new to this forum, but if I'm reading correctly you had your file excepted in Nov.- so big congrats to you too!!
For your answer in #1( my single status and long birth certificate, both in English and Spanish, notarized by a lawyer both Spanish and English,, stamped by foreign affairs both Spanish and English, and stamped by the embassy of Cuba, both the Spanish and English.) Can I ask a few questions about this?
1) Do you know many years back the single status needs to be? I've never been married, but my province only shows single status for 3 year periods. (perhaps it's safe to just prove back until I was 20??)
2) Can you explain the notarization and authentication to me in more detail? So lets say I have my long form birth certificate and single status and have it notarized in english. Where can I get it done in Spanish? If I send the English copy to foreign affairs can it be done there?

Such a good tip about having my family there for the wedding! They offered to come, but I said it wasn't a big deal. I'll make sure they come and that we get lots of pictures!!

Again, thank you- I really appreciate your expertise!

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Little castle said:
Thank you Cassidy for this info and your congrats!! I'm new to this forum, but if I'm reading correctly you had your file excepted in Nov.- so big congrats to you too!!
For your answer in #1( my single status and long birth certificate, both in English and Spanish, notarized by a lawyer both Spanish and English,, stamped by foreign affairs both Spanish and English, and stamped by the embassy of Cuba, both the Spanish and English.) Can I ask a few questions about this?
1) Do you know many years back the single status needs to be? I've never been married, but my province only shows single status for 3 year periods. (perhaps it's safe to just prove back until I was 20??)
2) Can you explain the notarization and authentication to me in more detail? So lets say I have my long form birth certificate and single status and have it notarized in english. Where can I get it done in Spanish? If I send the English copy to foreign affairs can it be done there?

Such a good tip about having my family there for the wedding! They offered to come, but I said it wasn't a big deal. I'll make sure they come and that we get lots of pictures!!

The single status affidavit is just a paper written by you swearing that you have never been married blah blah blah. One in English and then the same thing in Spanish. Since this part was simple I just wrote it and my Spanish speaking friend wrote the same thing out for me in Spanish and I just took them to a notary. Maybe going to a Spanish/English speaking notary will be easiest. Sorry I havent sent it to you yet. ill check for it now.

In regards to family coming down for the wedding, in my case only my mom and dad came and ours was also processed as fast as Cassidy's (my brothers passport was expired so even he didn't come) and I didn't invite any of my friends because we wanted to do a big wedding once he already came to Canada. (Lol which is the last thing on my mind at this point!) But if more people come it wouldn't hurt fore sure :) but it's not a deal breaker I guess.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Little castle said:

Sorry I can't find my single status affidavit ....maybe Cassidy or someone can post a sample of theirs

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Little castle said:

Exactly what newgirl said below. I don’t think there needs to be a specific date on it.
It was confusing for me because I got all my papers notarized, well my English ones, then when I went to foreign affairs, they said the Spanish ones needed to be notarized as well, but my lawyer didn’t speak Spanish so he wouldn’t notarize it, so I had to find a lawyer who would. It all needs to be done by a lawyer before it goes to foreign affairs.

And yes as newgirl mentioned, I didn’t bring an entourage, just my dad sister and mom. But I know some people who have brought absolutely not one person, nor has anyone in their family met their spouse, they sent this application in 6 months before me, I got mine accepted within four months, and they are still waiting. Not saying this is the only reason, but I am sure it does help! :)

Little castle

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
Much appreciated newgirl1 and cassidy!! Cassidy is going to send me a copy of her single status newgirl1. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future! Enjoy your day :D

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Hello everyone and Happy Monday :)

Anyone have any updates to share? Here's to hoping for some good luck/news from Havana this week?

Cheers :D

Dude0013

Nov 10, 2015
My wife will arrive in Canada this week. Papers were filed Dec 2014. Visa granted February 2016.

It has been a frustrating journey, thank you all for your support.

Cheers

Tika85

Feb 22, 2016
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 2016
AOR Received.
April 14 2016
File Transfer...
April 19 2016
Med's Done....
January 2016
Dude013, when you say "frustrating" what do you mean by that? Did CIC ask for more details or something happen for it to take that long? I just submitted all my paperwork today