+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
ALazi said:
That person doing 2 interviews a day is surely not doing interviews every day either..
:(
i honestly have no clue what they are doing
our lawyer emailed them last week and they havent even ansered him yet!
i think i will take matters into my own hands and send them an email myself
i have had enough!
this is torture!

girl1973

Mar 29, 2015
Our file has been in Havana since April 2. Our consultant emailed them 3 weeks ago and they haven't responded yet! When I emailed them in early October they responded the same day that they were still assessing my husbands file. This isn't right!!!! So frustrated!!!!!

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
girl1973 said:
Our file has been in Havana since April 2. Our consultant emailed them 3 weeks ago and they haven't responded yet! When I emailed them in early October they responded the same day that they were still assessing my husbands file. This isn't right!!!! So frustrated!!!!!
same here . ours has been there since march!@!!!
no reply to my lawyer either!
enough is enough!
we should all complain . this is oplaying with peoples lives!
we should all form a group and email them omplaining!something needs to be done!

LT1977

May 4, 2015
Well, my story is my file has been in Havana for 13 months now. My husband had his interview on Oct 22, 2015. He passed the interview but then the problem was that his medical had expired. The embassy advised us a week later that the medical has now been extended to Oct 21, 2016 but also we need to submit the police contract to their office to finalize our file (a new requirement as of October 1, 2015). My husband went back to the embassy on November 3 and submitted the contract in person and we are told that we still have to wait for the embassy to contact us for a decision. From to start to finish, I have been in this process 15 months now and I am so done and tired. I am not sure what is taking so long. I had contacted my MP before when I was waiting on our interview to be scheduled and I found them to be useless. We have done everything and have met all their requirements and we still wait. I figured we also had a very strong case, met 3 years ago, married 1 1/2 years, both first marriage, he has no kids and he is older than me by 1 year. Nothing makes sense in this process. I really hope we get " The final call" before Christmas. None of this is easy.

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
LT1977 said:
Well, my story is my file has been in Havana for 13 months now. My husband had his interview on Oct 22, 2015. He passed the interview but then the problem was that his medical had expired. The embassy advised us a week later that the medical has now been extended to Oct 21, 2016 but also we need to submit the police contract to their office to finalize our file (a new requirement as of October 1, 2015). My husband went back to the embassy on November 3 and submitted the contract in person and we are told that we still have to wait for the embassy to contact us for a decision. From to start to finish, I have been in this process 15 months now and I am so done and tired. I am not sure what is taking so long. I had contacted my MP before when I was waiting on our interview to be scheduled and I found them to be useless. We have done everything and have met all their requirements and we still wait. I figured we also had a very strong case, met 3 years ago, married 1 1/2 years, both first marriage, he has no kids and he is older than me by 1 year. Nothing makes sense in this process. I really hope we get " The final call" before Christmas. None of this is easy.
your story is very similiar to ours! almost to a T
WE ALSO GOT ASKED FORTHE CONTRACT BUT NO INTERVIEW YET. FIRST MARRIAGES NO KIDS!PICTURES , 17 TRIPS AND PROOF OF FAMILIES GETTING TOGETHER ON MORE THA ONE OCCASION INCLUDING THE WEDDING!
there is avbsolutely no reason for the hold up. i also paid a lwayer close to 5000.00 and i woould never ever reccommend the use of a lawyer to anyone. completely uselss in my book!all this is bull. unless there is a rewason why someone cant be with their spouse this weait is totally ubnnacceptable!!!!!

LT1977

May 4, 2015
This is strictly an observation but Havana knows by 4 months whether u get an interview or not. If u notice all quick approvals have been in Havana for 3 or 4 months. I know 2 women who ordered their CAIP notes and in the notes after 4 months after the embassy had reviewed their file, it was noted that an interview was required. So I assuming if people don't hear by 4 months you can highly expect an interview. Also interviews are done in the morning and so there can only be a maximum of 2 per day and so its seems like the 10 month wait will be a thing of the past if you are getting an interview. That's just my thought.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
From what I have read on this forum It looks like the people at the Embassy only see people one day a week People get calls Mondays or Tuesdays and then the actual interviews take place on Wednesdays. Usually people get 6 week notice for the interview. We were told by my MP that we were in line for an interview in June. and again in Oct by MP. I also emailed Havana and was told the same thing apparently a generic email. My MP was told to call back in Jan 2016. So after thinking about the email I figure they started the 6 months in July if we get an apt in Jan. We are disappointed but there is nothing we can do about it. Our application has been in Havana since Jan 6 2015. We sent it in July 11,2014. 16 months Jan 6 2016. Wish now we had tried for Inland at least we would have been together. We will be married 3 yrs in Sept 2016. Makes me wonder why we even need an interview.

LT1977

May 4, 2015
I was called on a Tuesday but my interview was scheduled on a Thursday. I have friends who interviews were conducted in September on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. With the backlog of interviews they can be done any day of the week except Fridays as they close early. Things are also changing at the embassy.

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
lawyers and MPS AND CONSULTANTS ALL USELESS IN MY IOPINION!!TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY..... I REGRET IT SO MUch

i think i wouldve gone faster doing things on my own. everyone i know whose husbamnds are here never used anyone.....they did it all on their own!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
In my opinion you are correct as I have been told you basically fill in the information anyway. I did my own as I am sure many others did with the help of this forum. Once it get approved as SA and sent to Cuba it is out of your hands whether it is a Lawyer or not.

Mr.Keilani

May 6, 2015
hey Everyone

I'm so sorry to hear all the terrible news and cannot believe that the times are being pushed back so far. It's absolutely ridiculous and there seems to be no general guideline as to when our loved ones receive there visas as the 10 month wait period does not seem to be consistent whatsoever .

Well i have good news but not from the Havana end . I got a letter from CIC and it said that i was approved for sponsorship and our file has been transferred to Havana but i have not received anything from Havana. For reference my online cic account says our file was received on Sept 11,2015 ,began processing it on October 29, 2015 and was approved and sent to Havana on November 13, 2015 . I have not received an AOR or anything the letter just stated i was approved and our file had been transferred.

Also what is this police contract that i have been reading about that is new as of October 2015? we submitted our medicals , police background clearance and paid my permanent residence fee before we sent the application.

Also me and my wife did our application ourselves !

have a great day everyone and keep your heads up !

LT1977

May 4, 2015
The correct name for the police contract is "Contracto exclusivo para la obtencion y legalizacion de Certificacion de antecedente penal". It was given when you obtained a police check. It is now required to be submitted with the application as October 1, 2015. If not submitted then, it will be asked once your file arrives in Havana. If you don't have it then go back to the place where the police check was obtained and you can get a copy for free. It is a requirement now and you must have it.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Galano1213 said:
Thank u Newgirl1 I sure hope u are right. Dory I am retired and I have been thinking all day about going to Cuba until he gets the visa. He just turned 54 in Sept and has never been sick and is still working at cooking in busy times at the culinary school in Holguin. I will order the notes so I can see what they have done.
Galano- if you are retired, I would STRONGLY RECCOMEND that you go be with your husband... the fact that you are here, retired have the ability to be with him, and are not - is what is slowing your process down, for sure! I know people that LIVED with their mates in Cuba for month and months and the Havana end of their process was QUICK...

I don't mean to sound rude, but if you are able to be with him- why are you not? Even if he is busy working... at least you are with him... instead of here GOING CRAZY WAITING FOR SOMETHING THAT MAY TAKE A FEW MORE MONTHS....

Good Luck to you.