Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
newgirl1 said:
Go get it done now because it takes a while and then once you get it done you can wait for them to ask for it. Or even take the receipt with you down to the embassy in Havana that same day and get them to put it into the file IF by that time your file is already in havana so that it saves you a trip, but I doubt they will send it to havana without the file being complete. But definitely make the doctors appointment ASAP so at least you can tell them that your appointment is set or that your waiting for results. Maybe in that case they will send your file through to havana. As for the criminal check, they almost all expire before the process is over with so I'd just wait to see what they want you to do about that. That part doesn't take too long anyways
Well, we had our application sent to Havana without the medicals and I got AOR and everything. The VO told us even before submitting the application to wait to do the medicals (which is strange). But then we received a call a few days ago from Havana saying that he can do his medicals and they also requested additional docs (Schedule A, etc). Is this normal? We also now we have our appointment made for the 18th of December! Yayyy.

YHYY

Aug 10, 2014
Galano1213 said:
Security has never asked to see my ticket and the visa you are issued is good for 3 months and if you go to a Cuban immigration office you can have it extended for another 3 months if you are Canadian. If you plan to stay longer then that you will have issues with medical coverage when you come back to Canada.
Thank you so much!

;D

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
kikina said:
Well, we had our application sent to Havana without the medicals and I got AOR and everything. The VO told us even before submitting the application to wait to do the medicals (which is strange). But then we received a call a few days ago from Havana saying that he can do his medicals and they also requested additional docs (Schedule A, etc). Is this normal? We also now we have our appointment made for the 18th of December! Yayyy.
Did u not fill out schedule A? Or maybe you had gaps in the dates, just make sure you fill out everything the way they want you to and just give them whatever they request...nothing with the process seems to be "normal" haha. Congrats though, u seem to be moving along smoothly! Hopefully u will get your visa right after the medical is done. My husband got his only 2 months after it got sent to Havana! But then again I waited like 3 months for first stage approval when everyone else only waited like a month. So anything is possible.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
kikina said:
Actually I just remembered. They ask people to update schedule A quite often, usually in regards to question #8. Depending how old your spouse is. But my advice would be to fill out all his history From 18 years of age until now with no gaps Instead of the 10 years the forms ask for regardless of their age.

Er84

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
6-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-04-2016
Hello all. My husband has been trying to get thru to the embassy in Havana with no luck and I am wondering if he perhaps has the wrong phone number. I know that for the cubans to call from Cuba they can omit some of the digits that we would from here but any help on this would be great. Also, is there a specific day/time to call that is best to get someone to actually pick up the phone?

Thanks again.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Immigration Section / Section de l'Immigration 34
Havana-Im-Enquiry@international.gc.ca

Telephone | Téléphone: +53 7 204-2516

Facsimile | Télécopieur: +53 7 204-1069

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada

Calle 30 No. 518 esquina a 7ma.

Miramar, La Habana, Cuba

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Just received an email from my Senator's office

I spoke to the Immigration Program Manager at the Canadian Embassy in Havana. Your husband is on the waiting list for an interview, and it seems this waiting list (which is currently at 6 months) is the hold-up. The manager expects he will be contacted with an interview date early in the new year.

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
So the interview list is 6 months? Omg :'(

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
That is what immigration manager in Havana said

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
At what time during the process do they assign us to a waiting list.. knowing that you could add +6 months and guess your interview date.. but yeah, no good news.
Been waiting for one year since the whole process started.

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
wow .....6 month waiting list???????????????????????????????????????this just gets better and better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RIDICULOUS HOPW THEY CAN LET THE LIST GET SO BACKED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
ALazi said:
At what time during the process do they assign us to a waiting list.. knowing that you could add +6 months and guess your interview date.. but yeah, no good news.
Been waiting for one year since the whole process started.

ITS BEEN A YEAR FOR US TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!they are really playing with peoples lives!!!!!add 6 mionths that goes way over the 10 months its supposed to take!@!!!!
JUST RIDICULOUS ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
madameR

I get your pain.. :(
Like I said, I think it depends at what point during the process they decide to put us on the waiting list. If it is 2-3 months after file reaches Havana then it's not too bad (since we've already waited that long we would technically be next).

I was also on the ''forbidden'' forum aka cubaamor, and there is this immigration consultant on the forum that just posted timelines for 3 of her clients.. They only waited between 2 and 4 months each before being given a visa (visa was given this month). They weren't waiting for an interview obviously.

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Alazi our file has been in havana since March!
we were only told 6 weeks agao that were were going to be on a waiting list for an interview!!!!so aftere all this time does this mean its 4 and a half more months for me???????????????????????????????????????im hering there is only one person douing interviews and she can only do max 2 a day?????do you all think that this is acceptable???cause i don't!hire more people !they are playing with peoples lives ,and unless there is a reason which we would be aware of then there should be no reason at all for this hiold up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its unnacceptable in my book! someone there has tio have some kind of a heart!