+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

Dude0013

Nov 10, 2015
My wife's application was sent to Cuba in Feb 2015, she was informed that her interview will be in January or February of 2016.

How long does it take to get the Visa after the interview?

She wants me to come in January for the interview... But I only have so much vacation time and really only want to go to bring her back to Canada.

I was also wondering if age difference is a problem? I am 48 and my wife is 24... Will this cause problems?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
apparentl if there is not extra info required they get visa the same day or the next day so I understand from others who had an interview. If a new police check is required it takes a few days. Hope this helps.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
here is the answer I received from Havana today

Please note that your file is awaiting for an interview to be scheduled. Once we have further details regarding the interview, you will be contacted.

No further actions are required at this time, so we kindly ask you to please wait until our office contact you.

YHYY

Aug 10, 2014
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if I'll have any issues at the Cuban customs with just a one-way ticket? I'm not sure when I'm retuning to Canada yet.

Thanks!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Security has never asked to see my ticket and the visa you are issued is good for 3 months and if you go to a Cuban immigration office you can have it extended for another 3 months if you are Canadian. If you plan to stay longer then that you will have issues with medical coverage when you come back to Canada.

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Galano1213 said:
here is the answer I received from Havana today

Please note that your file is awaiting for an interview to be scheduled. Once we have further details regarding the interview, you will be contacted.

No further actions are required at this time, so we kindly ask you to please wait until our office contact you.

[/quote

I got the exact same answer 6 weeks ago....................unbeliveable...its probably a generic message

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Sure looks that way. Just goes to show me that there is absolutely no rhythm or reason to this process. Will have to wait for notes in 30 days. I have given up hope of having the visa for Xmas.

kikina

Nov 11, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
Doc's Request.
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
08-13-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Hi!

I'm brand new to this forum, but I've been reading some past posts. You all sound so supportive which is such a breath of fresh air :)

Anyway, my situation: I've been married since October 2014 to my husband and have been living in Cuba (Pinar del Rio) ever since. I submitted the application for permanent residence for my husband on July 14th, 2015 and received SA sometime in September. I got the AOR on September 21, 2015 and the status was immediately set to "In Process". It's only been a month in, so what can I look forward to from here? I saw some previous posts saying that they hadn't received that status until a few months of the application being sent to Havana. What does that mean for me? We don't have any red flags supposedly, as a lawyer had told us previously. We're both around the same age (in our early 20's), never been married and have no kids. We have a lot of proof of relationship and my family has met and spent time with my husband and I several times.

Another question I have: I haven't completed his medical exams (we decided to wait until notified by the VO-- kind of kicking myself in the butt for that) and our police check expired. For anyone who has chosen to wait, can you do them before the VO tells you to or must you wait to make the appointment?

I'm going back to Canada (Ottawa) in December to start working to prepare for my husband's arrival (getting an apartment, etc.).

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Your husband will have to make an appointment with the Panel Dr in Havana. We went to Havana to do that and the appointment date was made a month after that The cost at the time was 460 cuc most likely more now. The medical is sent by the Dr via email to CIC we sent a copy of the receipt number with our application. Apparently the application is not considered complete without the medical and the Police check. In Process shows after you receive AOR. The time line for Havana is 10 months. Hopefully you won't wait long after you get the medical. After you get the medical make sure you email Havana with the number and the File number assigned to your application.

kikina

Nov 11, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
14-07-2015
Doc's Request.
12-11-2015
AOR Received.
08-13-2015
File Transfer...
21-09-2015
Med's Request
12-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2016
LANDED..........
01-04-2016
Galano1213 said:
Your husband will have to make an appointment with the Panel Dr in Havana. We went to Havana to do that and the appointment date was made a month after that The cost at the time was 460 cuc most likely more now. The medical is sent by the Dr via email to CIC we sent a copy of the receipt number with our application. Apparently the application is not considered complete without the medical and the Police check. In Process shows after you receive AOR. The time line for Havana is 10 months. Hopefully you won't wait long after you get the medical. After you get the medical make sure you email Havana with the number and the File number assigned to your application.
Thanks for the info! But I was wondering since I already have put in my application, do I need to wait now until the VO tells me to do the exam or just go ahead and do it now?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I would do it now as you have to get the apt and then wait for the medical appt.

Dude0013

Nov 10, 2015
Krys said:
It took about a month to receive the notes and they state every little detail about the sponsor and applicant applications.. They write notes about your relationship and if there are any concerns.. In my notes they stated that there are no concerns about our relationship and that my husband's interview was recommened to be passed.. Although the most recent note they wrote stated that he was added to the INT list which i'm pretty sure means the interview list (that was on January 23)...they even wrote that they shredded some of our proof of communication because we sent so much in... Anyways i wrote to the embassy and my husband went to speak to them and they said they're still assessing the application which i find strange since they added him to the INT list on January 23.. So frustratinggg

Hopefully they call you before June 12th! I'm sure they will.. That would be unfair if they didn't
Hi I am new to this form. I keep reading about people requesting the notes that are associated with their applications.

What are these notes and how do I go about requesting the notes associated with my wifes application?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
kikina said:
Thanks for the info! But I was wondering since I already have put in my application, do I need to wait now until the VO tells me to do the exam or just go ahead and do it now?
Go get it done now because it takes a while and then once you get it done you can wait for them to ask for it. Or even take the receipt with you down to the embassy in Havana that same day and get them to put it into the file IF by that time your file is already in havana so that it saves you a trip, but I doubt they will send it to havana without the file being complete. But definitely make the doctors appointment ASAP so at least you can tell them that your appointment is set or that your waiting for results. Maybe in that case they will send your file through to havana. As for the criminal check, they almost all expire before the process is over with so I'd just wait to see what they want you to do about that. That part doesn't take too long anyways

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014