+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
This forum is my only indicator on how things go and I had the impression that most people wait the full 10 months or more.
If you know of other places or forums please let me know I would be interested. The only other forum I know of is Cubaamor..

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
Has anyone had an interview recently i was just wondering what questions were asked and how long the interview was? My husband has his on Thursday.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
This is some information I got from people who had interviews in Havana. Basic questions about your relationship are asked during the interview to establish genuiness of your marriage, e.g. how and when the marriage took place? how many people attended the wedding? who introduced you to each other? Modes of communication and how frequently you stay in touch with each other? how many days you spent together? where? honeymoon? pictures? letters? gifts? as long as its a straight forward traditional kind of a husband wife relationship then there is nothing to worry about. Sometimes they call the spouse to ask them questions.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
windsorgirl said:
Has anyone had an interview recently i was just wondering what questions were asked and how long the interview was? My husband has his on Thursday.
Windsor Girl! Congrats on the soon coming Interview! :) tell your hubby to bring lots of proof of relationship and to review the application - they will ask questions based on the answers you gave on the applications! :)

best of luck hopefully in 3 days we will be congratulating you on a VISA RECIEVED!

- dee

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
ALazi said:
This forum is my only indicator on how things go and I had the impression that most people wait the full 10 months or more.
If you know of other places or forums please let me know I would be interested. The only other forum I know of is Cubaamor..
My advice is DO NOT use Cuba Amore for annnnnyyyyything! Once u sign up they don't let you deactivate! It's a highly toxic and negative website used to turn ppl away from being with cubans! It's not like this one where everyone is here to help and support eachother through this process

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
newgirl1 said:
My advice is DO NOT use Cuba Amore for annnnnyyyyything! Once u sign up they don't let you deactivate! It's a highly toxic and negative website used to turn ppl away from being with cubans! It's not like this one where everyone is here to help and support eachother through this process
Ugh no.. I signed up more than a year ago and every time I asked a question I felt like the answers were negative. I don't use it that much since it's not helpful but I agree that it's kind of toxic.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Well this morning I received a call from my MP's office who I asked if they could get some info on the status of our application. He said he was told that they are reviewing the medical and to call back in January. Which will be 12 months in Havana. Needless to say I am utterly disappointed with this answer. We have been in this system since July 11,2014.

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Galano1213 said:
Well this morning I received a call from my MP's office who I asked if they could get some info on the status of our application. He said he was told that they are reviewing the medical and to call back in January. Which will be 12 months in Havana. Needless to say I am utterly disappointed with this answer. We have been in this system since July 11,2014.
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THATS CRAZY
HADNT THEY TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE WAOITING FOR AN INTERVIEW???

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
yes that is what I was told via an email that I was sent from Havana a month ago and I was also told that from my MP .s office Now they have changed the story. I don't know what to believe. I will wait until the last week in Nov and email Havana just before I leave for Cuba.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Galano1213 said:
yes that is what I was told via an email that I was sent from Havana a month ago and I was also told that from my MP .s office Now they have changed the story. I don't know what to believe. I will wait until the last week in Nov and email Havana just before I leave for Cuba.
I would go by what havana told you. Your MP. Doesn't seem to be very helpful and doesn't seem to want to work too hard during the Christmas season :/

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thank you for your hopeful words I sure don't want to wait 2 or 3 more months

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Galano1213 said:
i agree
The mp may be lying...maybe he or she didnt even email them and is telling you that so you dont bother them until jANUARY. GO WITH WHAT HAVANA SAID!
im fed up toooo. i was told that i was on a wasiting list for interview a month ago and nothing. i emailed them and they didnt even reply. im honestly fed up with this whole story.....its ridiculous
they said my file was complete and im on a waiting list for iterview....now how long this wating list is who knows????????????

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
Galano1213 said:
Galano- I am sorry to hear your stress...

I would not go by what the MP office says... because they are known to generally give different answers.

However, you should at this point order notes so that you get them before you leave for Cuba... then while you are there go take a visit to the Embassy and see about going into speak to a consult.

The medical may be reviewed due to the age of your husband? Remember we live in a Country with very impressive healthcare, it's sad to say- but sometimes age, pre-existing health issues and or medical history may effect who the government sees to fit the type of "immigrant" they want coming into the country (it's sad... but this is also an issue I have heard being a problem)

Galano, I do feel for you, this process has been hard, I know a few couples that waited over 2 years and I truly hope this is not your case but... but why don't you go to Cuba for a few more months...and stay with hubby? are you working? are you at the age of retirement? can you go be with him... the embassy will look at this, make it a point to go to Havana as much as you can and demand answers... if you are able to take time off work/ not working/ retired or what not- the the government may be looking at your situation and wondering (if you are able to go stay there for a while why you are not doing it???

hopefully it all works out- BUT ORDER YOUR NOTES, THIS IS A GOOD TIME TO SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Galano1213 said:

Come to think of it the same thing happened to me last year. I was trying to get to the bottom of why my first stage approval is taking so long and it was around Christmas time and my MP was not very helpful as well and was telling me that I probably won't get answers (from havana at the time) because things slows down during Christmas. So yeah, just go by what Havana told you. Good luck!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thank u Newgirl1 I sure hope u are right. Dory I am retired and I have been thinking all day about going to Cuba until he gets the visa. He just turned 54 in Sept and has never been sick and is still working at cooking in busy times at the culinary school in Holguin. I will order the notes so I can see what they have done.