+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
msloita ,
have they told you that the file has been placed on a waiting list for interview as well????what exactly are your time lines?>

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
our file is 7 months in havana today and almost 11 months since we filed.....we were told last week by our lawyer that our file is placed on a waiting list for interview.......not sure how long befiore they give us the date now ..and the trend i am seeing is that interviews are svcheduled 4 weeks from when they give the date
Also a note for everyone , we have no red flags at all..both forst time married, no kids, no criminal records on both ends.....and no family in the us. we were in a relationship for almost two years , our families met several times and have all the pics as well as wedding etc......... .have all the boarding passes , pictures , phone bills etc... and ive been there 17 times..........so i think outr case is pretty good but we are still being told that we are having an interview and its still taking long....so in the end im not sure what they look at any more ................. :'(
im really starting to think its an eeny meeny miney moe thing goping on in that office!!!!!!!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I understand that some people at 10 months have gotten a date for an interview. I am trying to estimate a timeline for a date we are at 10 months Nov 6. I want to get an airline ticket to Cuba and stay until the visa is issued so I am asking if anyone can give me a guess on when they might give a date.

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum. I do not know the exact day that my file arrived in Havana. Somewhere between Aug24-Sept 2. My file was updated to In Process on Sept 2, 2015 and Medical Results received on October 14, 2015. I know my waiting has just begun but do you think this is anything to get excited about?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
This is normal after approval . Most likely there will be no updates until it has been in Havana for 10 months although some applications have gotten through before that . Hope you are one of them.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
MrsVC said:
Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum. I do not know the exact day that my file arrived in Havana. Somewhere between Aug24-Sept 2. My file was updated to In Process on Sept 2, 2015 and Medical Results received on October 14, 2015. I know my waiting has just begun but do you think this is anything to get excited about?
The email from the embassy in havana that was sent to you to notify you that they received it in Havana would have been dated. That's the exact date you go by. So now you wait for 10 months for either the visa or a interview date.

kesgurl

Oct 17, 2015
I just got married on October 9 and now i need to start the sponsorship process. I don't even know where to start. Do people do everything themselves or do they hire someone? Where can i find the paper work that i need to file? All help would be greatly appreciated

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
You should go to the CIC immigration website and look up family sponsorship There is a booklet that will give you information on the forms required and how to fill them out. There is also a booklet for the Cuban forms. A lot of people on this forum did not use a lawyer. Ask questions and you will get help. I suggest you gather your documents first and follow step by step the procedure in the booklet. You will need to first prove your relationship is genuine, so phone calls, emails , texts etc, trips, the progression of the relationship, pictures of you as a couple, family etc. You will need a copy of your income tax return to prove you can support him. The tax department issues a form for this so you will need to call and tell them what is for. Your husband will need a police check, this costs $65 cuc and cannot be more then 3 months old when you send it it must be translated to English and notorized. The marriage certificate must be translated and notorzied. He will also need a medical by a immigration doctor in Havana $450 cuc. I suggest you wait until all the forms are ready to make the appointment as it is only good for a year. The application costs $1040.00 I suggest you pay it when you submit the application to avoid delays. Your husband needs to fill out and sign his forms . In order for you to have complete access have him sign the form to make you a representative. This is the short version may have left some this GS out so read the booklets These forms are sometimes updated so make sure when you download them you check the date on the bottom and then rec he k before you send them in.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
kesgurl said:
I just got married on October 9 and now i need to start the sponsorship process. I don't even know where to start. Do people do everything themselves or do they hire someone? Where can i find the paper work that i need to file? All help would be greatly appreciated
Galano pretty much summed it up. But yeah make sure to check the bottom of the forms for dates to make sure it's the most recent version. That was my mistake. I printed off all the form and it took me a few months to get everything together and filled out and at some point during that time one of the forms had been updated and I didn't know. It delayed the process because they emailed me requesting an updated version of the form.so once you're all ready to submit everything just double check again to make sure that they didn't update any forms. Also another tip, instead of using calling cards to call cuba I used to Dimecuba.com for all my phone calls AND text messages to Cuba. Because they have the history records of all the calls and texts which you can later printout to use as proof. you will actually be able to print the whole text message that was sent instead of just the time and date so it will show the conversation, whereas calling cards don't prove anything and I beleive aren't even accepted as proof.

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
kesgurl said:
And no I wouldn't hire anyone at this point if I were you. I think it will cost you like $5000 just to have someone fill out papers, you will have to do the hard stuff alone anyways which is gather all the evidence. There's a lot of stuff to do but it's pretty straightforward. An immigration lawyer really isn't necessary at this point. However if for some reason your visa gets denied and you want to appeal then you Will want to hire a lawyer that point so you might as well save your money for worst case senario.

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
MadameR..they told me that it would not be scheduled until after Feb 2016...my file landed in Havana March 11th 2015..so my 10 months is Jan..suspect interview for Feb.

MrsVC

Oct 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-08-2015
File Transfer...
02-09-2015
Med's Done....
21-04-2015
Interview........
11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-05-2016
Madame R, how did your lawyer find out the info about your interview wait list?

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
MrsVC said:
Madame R, how did your lawyer find out the info about your interview wait list?
the lawyer sent them an extra document and they replied the same day saying that he has been put on a waiting list for interview. not sure when we will hear back now...but it looks like the file is complete and now we just wait ......torture lol

Heidic0686

May 4, 2015
Hello
I just returned from a week in cuba with daughter visiting my husband. Holy terrible weather !!! Our papers have been in Havana for two and half months now. Last Friday Canadian Immigration called my husband. They asked for a newer police record check, photo copies of our child's birth certificate , schedule IMM 5669 filled out again and they asked him to bring these with the money for the permanent residency visa to Havana. This got my hopes up !!! Just thrilled that they're working on our file :)