Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
windsorgirl said:
My husband was there last week and was only told his cuban police clearance needed to be updated. He was told about five weeks ago anout the permanent residency fee needed to be paid i did that and that was it. What is the age difference between you and your spouse?
Maybe you won't have an interview since they asked him to update his police check. We were asked to pay the permanent residency fee a few weeks after our application was received in Havana. We are a year apart, i'm 25 and he's 26. Their main concern with our application was that most of his family is in Miami

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks KRYS my husband is going to the office you indicated on your message today. He knew where he had to go because when they told him he needed to renew it. How often were you visiting your husband?? I dont think we r going to be asked for an interview either.

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
windsorgirl said:
Thanks KRYS my husband is going to the office you indicated on your message today. He knew where he had to go because when they told him he needed to renew it. How often were you visiting your husband?? I dont think we r going to be asked for an interview either.
I saw him every 2-3 months, we've been together for almost 3 years now

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
Well no call yet!!! We have been together since Jan 2012 i dont go as often due to work every four to five months but speak on the phone daily.

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
It gives some hope to see that things are moving, at the same time I notice that a lot of people wait the full 10months.. Im only at 7 months and my husband will have an interview for sure and that's an additional stressor to me!
I've only seen him 10 days this whole year! Meanwhile I also call him daily.
I might go see him again soon but I find it so hard to come back, I almost have to be dragged to the airport....

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
We have been in a relationship since 2010 and my MP's office was told we would have an Interview so I am putting some info together now, telephone calls,copies of passport stamps, money transfers, airline tickets and pictures, cards for special occasions. List of gifts. I am off to Cuba Sept 18th we will celebrate our second wedding anniversary Sept 26th. I am not sure what else we can take to prove we are in a genuine marriage Any ideas would be appreciated ? I too have a difficult time leaving my husband, he has difficulty watching me cry because it makes him cry so I keep a brave face until I get on the bus and then I put on my sunglasses and let the tears flow. It takes me days after I am home to get over the trauma of leaving him behind . Over two years is way to long to be apart. It will be ten months Nov 6 . I hope Havana picks up the pace.

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
I got accepted for my sponsorship on September 9th. Exactly 60 days :) :) :)
They have told me to send the application to Havana.. Does anyone know how to check the updates while in Havana? Is it the same website as going through the sponsorship?

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
cassidyxo said:
I got accepted for my sponsorship on September 9th. Exactly 60 days :) :) :)
They have told me to send the application to Havana.. Does anyone know how to check the updates while in Havana? Is it the same website as going through the sponsorship?
After they Send it to havana they will update the same site yes. However they arent always very good at updating. Ours was never updated from the time it got to havana to the time my husband got his visa. It all depends on who is handling your file

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
i am from quebec,, our canada sponsorship was acceppted in march 2015 and our file went tio havana right after that so end of march 2015.
then we received acceptance for permanent residency(csq) in quebec in May 2015, and when i check the status of the file it still states" in process " under permanent residency
so i have no clue!!!! really confusing
all i know is that is been in havana for 6 months. our lawyer requested the birth certificate that wasnt clear one month ago so they were obviously working on it. my payment was made in june .so
all i can do is wait...i have no clue why its taking so long

no family or history or any link with the us

i did try to email them but they said we should wait to hear from them through our lawyer who is our legalrepresentative in canada .
has anyone else been in this situation?????

Mr.Keilani

May 6, 2015
Hey
Hope everyone had a great weekend . Quick question .. so i sent in me and my wife's application about 2 weeks ago and Canada post said it was delivered and it was signed by an immigration officer , but now what . I have not received confirmation of anything , i just want to know that they have my sponsorship application . how long did it take you guys ? is there anything i should be doing now other than waiting ?

thanks

ALazi

Star Member
Jan 24, 2014
Mr. Keilani when I sent my file to Mississauga I got the confirmation from Canada Post that it was received which is a good thing, but then the first time I actually heard from CIC is when I got the sponsorship approval and the file was transferred to Havana.

cassidyxo

Sep 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7th 2015
AOR Received.
July 9th 2015
File Transfer...
September 9th 2015
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
November 27th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 27th 2015
Mr.Keilani said:
Hey
Hope everyone had a great weekend . Quick question .. so i sent in me and my wife's application about 2 weeks ago and Canada post said it was delivered and it was signed by an immigration officer , but now what . I have not received confirmation of anything , i just want to know that they have my sponsorship application . how long did it take you guys ? is there anything i should be doing now other than waiting ?

thanks
I had got the notice from Canada post July 9th, received confirmation and my UCI August 8th and got accepted for sponsorship September 9th. Both were emails from CIC.

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT MEANS IF THEY SAY" YOUR FILE IS AWAITING TO BE ASSESED BY AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER????has anyone ever got this????