File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
MadameR- only email if you have a legitimate question...not for an update. My husband's med check expired, i simply asked what my next steps should be and then i received that response back. I was totally surprised that they even gave me that update, as was my friend who is well versed with their processes.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
My husband's meds expired April 26 as well as his police check wondering if he emailed Havana would he get Information. Has anyone's spouse in Cuba done this?

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
yay!! be sure to keep us posted - usually the Tuesday calls are good news ;)

windsorgirl said:
Mrs Dory Baby thanks for the encouragement. He was at the embassy today when he went there a month ago the lady told him i had to pay the permanent residency fee. He was told today our file has been assessed so i think he should get a call soon! He didn't know about the permanent residency fee so i think it is already approved but just waiting for the call now. We have not had to do an interview or nothing as of yet? I will definitely purchase some sort of insurance but we will probably hear something before i book our flights i will go there and bring him back with me.

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
about expired medicals!

I had a friend(Cuban) who had to retake her medicals... here is my advice, once you get your interview date you get your spouses in a medical a week or two before... (pay them off at the hospital they will get you a quicker appointment) then when your spouse goes for the medical tell him to pay a visit to the embassy (make sure they have money)

find out if they can hand deliver it the day of the interview OR.... If the hospital can DHL it to them (my friend had to dhl her's)

if you think policy records are going to expire BE SAFE - order them now sometimes they take up to a few months... THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN HAVING AN APPROVED INTERVIEW AND HAVING TO WAIT A MONTH FOR A PIECE OF PAPER!!

- I've talked to a lot of people that have gone through complete horror stories!! take it from me... be prepared, even if you lose money, its better than waiting longer and longer in an already long wait!

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
my husband had his interview this morning at 9 am and it was a success! He will receive his visa when he gives them his new criminal record.
A little background info: our application has been in Havana for just over 11 months now, my husband's medical and criminal record have been expired since August and they told us not to renew anything unless told to. Today after my husband's interview the lady said he needs to renew his criminal record first before he receives his visa. His interview was mostly about his brother and family living in Miami and if he had intentions on going there.
I wish you all the best of luck with your process! If you have questions you can PM me as i don't read this forum too much. PS we never had to renew his medical, they can extend the timeline on these if needed

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Congrats on the interview. How long will he have to wait for a new police check? And what is the cost may I ask? Is it quicker to have it done at the Police Dept in Havana?

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
Galano1213 said:
Congrats on the interview. How long will he have to wait for a new police check? And what is the cost may I ask? Is it quicker to have it done at the Police Dept in Havana?
Thank you! I believe it was 65cuc and he'll have it by Sept 29th.. They have to go to Consultoría Jurídica Internacional to have it done

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
KEYS when did u find out you had an interview? I am at almost ten months and my husband was only told i had to pay my permanent residency fee and he had to renew his Cuban police check and it had to be notorized now. I have paid the permanent residency fee over five weeks ago and no news yet.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Curious why it would have to be notorized when it was asked for in Cuba.

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
windsorgirl said:
KEYS when did u find out you had an interview? I am at almost ten months and my husband was only told i had to pay my permanent residency fee and he had to renew his Cuban police check and it had to be notorized now. I have paid the permanent residency fee over five weeks ago and no news yet.
We got an email 4 days before our 10 months. We received the email on July 29th and interview was scheduled for today. When will you be at 10 months in Havana?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
They certainly gave you lots of time to prepare for the interview. 47 days is a lot. It's too bad they didn't tell you they needed a new police check then. Did they also tell you it had to be notorized? Our ten months is Nov 6th. And I am pretty sure my husband will have an interview . Did your. Spouse take any extra information regarding your marriage to the interview may I ask?

windsorgirl

Jul 29, 2015
My husband was there last week and was only told his cuban police clearance needed to be updated. He was told about five weeks ago anout the permanent residency fee needed to be paid i did that and that was it. What is the age difference between you and your spouse?

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
Galano1213 said:
They certainly gave you lots of time to prepare for the interview. 47 days is a lot. It's too bad they didn't tell you they needed a new police check then. Did they also tell you it had to be notorized? Our ten months is Nov 6th. And I am pretty sure my husband will have an interview . Did your. Spouse take any extra information regarding your marriage to the interview may I ask?
I know some people that have a 2 month wait for their interview, it seems like the embassy is backed up. The lady told my husband that she didn't ask for a new police check because he had to pass the interview first. It's the same police check they needed when you submitted the application. When they schedule the interview they ask that you bring additional proof of your relationship since submitting the application. He brought a lot of proof to the interview