May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
7 Month wait! tip to toe! Good Luck EVERYONE!
CONGRATS!! WOAHHH!! IT IS FINALLY OVER! THE WEDNESDAY APPOINTMENTS AT 830 ARE THE VISA DAY APPOINTMENTS! :) FELICIDADES!! WOOHOOO!!!

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!

Europeo said:
Good morning and a happy Friday to you folks, just wanted to let all of you still waiting know that my wife finally got the call yesterday, asking her to come to the embassy on Wednesday (August 5th) at 8:30 AM with her passport and bring 2 passport pictures!!

So it would appear that our ordeal is finally done, I hope others here got some good news as well, or will be getting them shortly.

For you number crunching people, my progression was as follows:

Docs received in Mississauga:February 19th 2015
Docs received in Havana: April 29th 2015
Visa to be issued: August 5th 2015

Have a great weekend everyone, and to those still waiting SUERTE!

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
hey everyone!!

see... the Havana ball is rolling! this is great news for EVERYONE. I swear when they get to working... its like a bomb hits! everyone will be contacted sooner or later, but the important part is that its moving!!!

as for the people quietly waiting, be patient... some people may get calls quicker than yours- but that just means they might be having harder time on their end to do their "IVESTIGATION" (which don't be fooled- all our spouses get investigated and their family too)

NEWGIRL you are correct, USA family (immediate) does qualify you for INTERVIEW I heard this on many many cases... some even being held back because they felt there was cause for them to move to USA. (I actually met someone that this happened too - the wife had to go in for multiple interviews because her half sister was in the USA)

anyways guys chin up, some roads may be longer and more tired that others but, its what you do with your relationship once you are together that makes it worth the struggle!!

take care!

Krys

Star Member
Sep 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 4th 2014
File Transfer...
September 25 2014
Some good news to give some of you hope! Someone received a call today to be at the embassy next wednesday (file was in Havana for 4 months)

Europeo

Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Mrs.DoryBaby said:
CONGRATS!! WOAHHH!! IT IS FINALLY OVER! THE WEDNESDAY APPOINTMENTS AT 830 ARE THE VISA DAY APPOINTMENTS! :) FELICIDADES!! WOOHOOO!!!

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY!!
Thanks, she went in for her appointment yesterday at 8:30, they took her passport around 10, and told her to come back at 2 to pick it up along with her visa and everything else.

She mentioned that out of all the people there, our delay was the shortest. In fact, she was the only one there with a 2015 application, she found out from talking to the others that the majority was from December 2014, some from October, and one way back from July. So I guess we were quite fortunate.

On the flip side, I've been trying to get her a flight out of Havana (yeah right) and even Varadero to Montreal, but so far no success finding anything in August.. Transat and Sunwing sell only charter, so no one way.. West Jet doesn't have anything direct to Montreal, and Cubana is booked solid til September.. Also, called Air Canada and the best they had was a flight to Toronto for 535$ which is extortion for a one way flight, I refuse to pay that on sheer principle, i'd rather wait until September and book the 335$ Havana-Montreal direct..

Seems like nothing is easy in this process..

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Try selloffvacations as well as flight network this one usually has a $10 off coupon You may want to check we.retailmenot.ca
for airline coupons

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I have a question of those of you whose spouse has landed. How did they receive their CoPR, was it by mail in their home country, or email or did the sponsor receive it ?

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Galano1213 said:
I have a question of those of you whose spouse has landed. How did they receive their CoPR, was it by mail in their home country, or email or did the sponsor receive it ?
Everything they need to come to canada will be given to them that Wednesday when they get called in to the Embassy in havana

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014

madameR

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
this is great news , happy for all of you getting news!!!!
so i have a question, if the wedbesday appointments are visa appointmnents, when do they usually call??? does anyone know if there is a day of the week that they actually make those calls?????
looking for some insight
my initial file was submitted to missasaugha december 1st 2014
file transferred to havana mid march 2015

no news yet
anyone else have these time lines???
and maybe heard anything????? :'(

mslolita

Star Member
Jun 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
11/03/15
Interview........
02/01/16
VISA ISSUED...
16/03/2016
LANDED..........
17/03/2016
Hello Madamer- i have the same timelines as you..Havana acknowledged us on March 11th- i sent them a phone number update which they acknowledged..i haven't heard a thing in 5 months.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Some Cuban's are saying that Cuban's have to renew their passports every two years . Wondering if this is done only when they are out of Cuba ?

Europeo

Feb 17, 2015
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-11-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2015
LANDED..........
29-08-2015
Galano1213 said:
Some Cuban's are saying that Cuban's have to renew their passports every two years . Wondering if this is done only when they are out of Cuba ?
All Cuban passports have to be "validated" every 2 years, and renewed wheb they expire after 6. This has to be done by Cuban residents as well as expats living abroad, and is verified when they present a Cuban passport while leaving or entering Cuba. However, if a Cuban passport is used to travel outside Cuba, this is not an issue, and as long as a passport is not expired, no foreign authority will check for this "2 year validation stamp"

That would be it in a nutshell, but if you need more details, you can find it here:

dcubanos.com/blog/pasaporte-cubano-prorrogas (I took out the triple W from the link, as for some reason this forum won't let me post links).

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
Galano1213 said:
I LIVE IN TORONTO, MIGHT BE DIFFERENT - BUT EVERYTHING IS SET UP IN HAVANA... ALL THEY DO IS WAIT ONCE THEY ARRIVE IF THEY DONT GET ANYTHING WITHING 60 DAYS THEN CALL THE CIC- BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO SIGN A FORM IN ORDER TO INQUIRE ON YOUR HUBBYS FILES BECAUSE THEY WONT TAKE CALLS FROM ANY ONE BUT THE RESIDENT... ALSO SIDE NOTE THEY DON'T HAVE SPANISH SPEAKING EMPLOYEES EITHER, SO PRAY TO GOD YOUR PR CARD DOESNT GET LOST BECAUSE MY HUSBANDS TOOK LONGER THAN EXPECTED AND JUST TO ASK THEM IF IT WAS MAILED WAS LIKE FORT KNOX. . .

Mrs.DoryBaby

Jul 29, 2014
Visa Office......
Havana
NOC Code......
FAMILY CLASS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
August 20, 2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 28, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May, 2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
January 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 4, 2015
LANDED..........
hello madameR... my experience TUESDAY AFTERNOON THEY MAKE THE VISA CALL.. MONDAYs THEY MAKE THE INTERVIEW CALLS... BUT WHO KNOWS WITH HAVANA... THEY COULD CALL WHEN EVER THEY WANT!!

BEST OF LUCK GIRL... UR CLOSE!

madameR said:
this is great news , happy for all of you getting news!!!!
so i have a question, if the wedbesday appointments are visa appointmnents, when do they usually call??? does anyone know if there is a day of the week that they actually make those calls?????
looking for some insight
my initial file was submitted to missasaugha december 1st 2014
file transferred to havana mid march 2015

no news yet
anyone else have these time lines???
and maybe heard anything????? :'(