Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double Rainbow said:
I don't have any updates as of yet to give but I am going to Cuba to be with hubby in May. Can't wait. :p :D
May will be here before ya know know it and the two of you will be together again. Hopefully by the time you go it will actually feel like spring here...if not..I'm heading to Cuba too. Keep smiling girl.

thomshel

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double Rainbow said:
There is one called Happily and Currently Married to a Cuban or something like that
Thanks for letting me know, I sat one night and read this entire thread from the beginning, it was a long night, but I couldn't help myself. I just kept reading hoping for and excited for everyone getting things accomplished. I do have to say my heart broke for you when your hubby was denied. But even though we have never spoke before, believe me when I tell you, you have good vibes coming your way from my little corner of the world. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to get to the jackpot. ;D

thomshel

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Double Rainbow said:
I don't have any updates as of yet to give but I am going to Cuba to be with hubby in May. Can't wait. :p :D
I'm heading to see my love on the 11th of April. We aren't married, we have just been together 6 months and honestly all of this is a little daunting. I feel like even though I have never met anyone like him and would do anything to have him with me all the time, reading all the struggles makes you wonder if the cards are stacked against you before you even get the chance to see what it could be :(

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
Hello,Im new to this i founded searching on internet about all the sponsorship application stuff , Im cuban but i live in canada, i got married on November 30 of 2012, I sent my application on March 26-2013 and it was recieved on March 27-2013, I know its kinda early thow since the process just started but it really difficult lol i miss my husband a lot and im 7 months pregnant too so im stressed about all this hopefully with get approved, anyways does anyone know whats next after i sent the application, do they call me to let me know they started to work on it or not? thank you kindly in advance :D

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LiaJoi said:
Hello,Im new to this i founded searching on internet about all the sponsorship application stuff , Im cuban but i live in canada, i got married on November 30 of 2012, I sent my application on March 26-2013 and it was recieved on March 27-2013, I know its kinda early thow since the process just started but it really difficult lol i miss my husband a lot and im 7 months pregnant too so im stressed about all this hopefully with get approved, anyways does anyone know whats next after i sent the application, do they call me to let me know they started to work on it or not? thank you kindly in advance :D
[/quote

Hi LioJoi.....my son used an immigration consultant but however when he filed the papers to sponsor his wife he was notified by email when he was approved as sponsor. Hr was lucky as it only took 2.5 weeks. After that he was advised via email when the file arrived in Havana for processing. That email was received December 10, 2012. She got her visa on Februrary 21, 2013. Hope that gives you an idea. Also when you check on the status of your file don't get worried as many times it is not updated. In our case nothing changed until she advised to come for her visa. Congrats on the baby...

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
hi there greeneyes...

so the embassy in havana advised via email when they recieved the file ? how long after the SA did he recieve that email?
did they also state when they started working on the file?
thanks

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
onelove1 said:
hi there greeneyes...

so the embassy in havana advised via email when they recieved the file ? how long after the SA did he recieve that email?
did they also state when they started working on the file?
thanks
The email of approval to sponsor was November 28th and the email to say Havana began processing was December 10th. However when it says began processing it just means it has been assigned to someone. The file could be sitting on their desk for a while but when they actually start working on it the process went fairly quickly. I know the waiting is the absolute worse.

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
gotcha...

I recieved approval march 7th, recieved the email that the file is in transit March15th, since then, no further updates, so I am wondering If i should email the embassy to find out if my file actually got there or just wait another week or 2....

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
thanks greeneyes for your answers and WOW your son is very lucky omg i wish my process was as fast as his was lol i really need my husband here lol and one love atleast you already recieved that approval in canada , i dont even know if they have started working on my case or no because if they recieve mine paper on march 27 and the website say the working on the applications recieved on feb 25 lol well Onelove i wish you the best of luck

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
thank you dear.. the website is really useless, they have not updated my status since a month ago...its worrysome not to know if the file has reached the VO yet...if at least I know that much, I will be more at ease, last I called CIC in mississauga which was last week they said its "in transit" so who knows...Im kind of weary of sending an email, I dont want to be too pushy !

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
ONELOVE I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST WAIT A COUPLE OF MORE WEEKS AND IF NOT SEND AN EMAIL TO VO , THATS WHATS MY DAD DID WHEN HE SPONSORED HIS WIFE HES CUBAN , HES WIFE TOO, ANYWAYS KEEP ME UPDATE LOL ILL DO THE SAME I WAS READING THIS FORUM AND ITS NICE HOW PPL KEEP IN TOUCH NOT ANYMORE THEY MAY BE BUSY WITH THEIR HUSBANDS THAT ARE HERE IN CANADA ALREADY LOL CANT WAIT FOR MINE TO BE HERE TOO AND GET LOST OF ALL THIS IMMIGRATION STUFF
WHERE ARE YOU LIVING?

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Double Rainbow said:
There is one called Happily and Currently Married to a Cuban or something like that
Thanks Double Rainbow, I will join it too
LocaLola

onelove1

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
LiaJoi said:
ONELOVE I THINK YOU SHOULD JUST WAIT A COUPLE OF MORE WEEKS AND IF NOT SEND AN EMAIL TO VO , THATS WHATS MY DAD DID WHEN HE SPONSORED HIS WIFE HES CUBAN , HES WIFE TOO, ANYWAYS KEEP ME UPDATE LOL ILL DO THE SAME I WAS READING THIS FORUM AND ITS NICE HOW PPL KEEP IN TOUCH NOT ANYMORE THEY MAY BE BUSY WITH THEIR HUSBANDS THAT ARE HERE IN CANADA ALREADY LOL CANT WAIT FOR MINE TO BE HERE TOO AND GET LOST OF ALL THIS IMMIGRATION STUFF
WHERE ARE YOU LIVING?
I am in Toronto...you? are you also cuban?
Yes I will wait another few weeks , then maybe I will recieve some news on my papers being at the VO.

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Double Rainbow said:
I too am working on going to Cuba in May, hoping to get a good deal on a flight, as my budget is very tight. Trying to go around May 18 for 7 days.
LocaLola

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
yes 120% cuban ahaha from ciego de avila im living in kitchener lol not very far from toronto thow :)