Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tink23 said:
Yes, only in English or French. However, brisa.ca has a good study guide in Spanish that u can print off. I just printed it today for my husband (he's Dominican). It answers all important questions and also has a sign guide.
Thanks Tink. I printed it out too for my D.I.L. You wants to to get going on everything. Sometimes hard to find things to make it easier for her.

panorama68

Oct 23, 2012
Hi everyone, today I made some changes to my dates in the excel sheet where we are tracking progress..

Double Rainbow: My husband had his exam done on November of 2012, before we submitted the application to CIC.

Nothing new on my side, just waiting. What else is there to do? :)

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
So my friend's husband arrived from Cuba recently. And unfortunately it has turned out that he's a complete and total fraud. She applied on Oct 23rd...and the new conditional PR law only came into effect on Oct 25th. Is she completely out of luck and just has to hope he doesn't go on welfare in the next 3 years...or is it possible she could be protected by the new law? I feel like the new law will be of no help to her but maybe maybe maybe. Just trying to help her figure out her options.

mc1234

Champion Member
Aug 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2012
Doc's Request.
20/08/2012 - PGR and SSP
AOR Received.
Ottawa: 23/07/2012 Mexico City: 20/08/2012
File Transfer...
24/07/2012
Med's Done....
12-04-2012
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
23-11-2012
Veradis, Her best bet is to call CIC and report him, unfortunatly since he is under the old rules there is not much she/he can do :( The day he landed he become a full PR with no conditions attached.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veradis said:
So my friend's husband arrived from Cuba recently. And unfortunately it has turned out that he's a complete and total fraud. She applied on Oct 23rd...and the new conditional PR law only came into effect on Oct 25th. Is she completely out of luck and just has to hope he doesn't go on welfare in the next 3 years...or is it possible she could be protected by the new law? I feel like the new law will be of no help to her but maybe maybe maybe. Just trying to help her figure out her options.
By 'she applied on Oct 23' do you mean that is when the application was sent or received by CIC? Remember, the key date for the new rule is when CIC received their application, not when it was mailed.

If her application was received on or after Oct 25, check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp to ensure conditional PR applies.

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
OhCanadiana said:
By 'she applied on Oct 23' do you mean that is when the application was sent or received by CIC? Remember, the key date for the new rule is when CIC received their application, not when it was mailed.

If her application was received on or after Oct 25, check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp to ensure conditional PR applies.
Unfortunately it was received on Oct 23rd

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Help from those whose loved ones have landed. My son has taken his wife to Service Canada to apply for her SIM card...no problem. Getting the run around around from service ontario for the OHIP card. He showed them the forms from immigration and they are saying he needs to bring bank statements of her etc etc etc.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Greeneyes said:
Help from those whose loved ones have landed. My son has taken his wife to Service Canada to apply for her SIM card...no problem. Getting the run around around from service ontario for the OHIP card. He showed them the forms from immigration and they are saying he needs to bring bank statements of her etc etc etc.
You need 3 types of documents:
1) Proof of eligible immigration status -> stamped CoPR, PR card, etc
2) Proof of residency -> monthly bank statement, lease agreement, ON driver's licence, etc
3) Support of identity -> Passport, etc.

Take a look at http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf for the details. If it takes a bit of time to collect them, don't worry. The 3 month waiting period starts from when she became an Ontario resident, not from when she applies.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
veradis said:
Unfortunately it was received on Oct 23rd
By sharing the evidence she has that the application he submitted was fraudulent, she may be able to get CIC to revoke his PR status based on misrepresentation (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/protection/fraud/document.asp). They have limited resources, but CIC has been increasing enforcement so the more info she provides the easier it will be for them to pursue it.

She can also see info on CIC's hotline to report fraud at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp.

Of course, consulting an attorney would help her identify her options.

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OhCanadiana said:
You need 3 types of documents:
1) Proof of eligible immigration status -> stamped CoPR, PR card, etc
2) Proof of residency -> monthly bank statement, lease agreement, ON driver's licence, etc
3) Support of identity -> Passport, etc.

Take a look at http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf for the details. If it takes a bit of time to collect them, don't worry. The 3 month waiting period starts from when she became an Ontario resident, not from when she applies.
Thanks for the info/ My son took her immediately to open a bank account....The bank is sending a letter and statement to the home in her name...the bank employee knows how difficult it is. Hopefully with that, he passport and her proof of immigration status..she will get it. sin card was easy as was the bank account....this is the one clitch. she has been studying for the written driver's test and wants to go this week. Very anxious to start driving lessons. Considering she has only been here since the 3rd of March...can't complain too much....thanks for the advice....

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
new topic:

Hi everybody, I have a question in regards to the processing time of the applications once it gets to Havana. First of all I am awaiting for the translations of my husbands documents to be completed. Should be ready next week, and then the application will be sent off.

Here is my question, something has come up with me. I have had several medical tests this past week and am awaiting results. If the results indicate that I am very ill and require surgery/treatment, would or could my husbands application be approved and visa granted any faster?

LocaLola

rgbspace

Jan 13, 2013
Hi everyone, I sent my application package by March 1st, and I can see in canada post website that the package was delivered on March 4th. I'm wondering what happens now? Am I supposed to get any kind of email notification from CIC stating that they received the documents? Or they just contact you after your SA is reviewed? Getting more nervous every day as I dont see any response from them. Thanks!!

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rgbspace said:
Hi everyone, I sent my application package by March 1st, and I can see in canada post website that the package was delivered on March 4th. I'm wondering what happens now? Am I supposed to get any kind of email notification from CIC stating that they received the documents? Or they just contact you after your SA is reviewed? Getting more nervous every day as I dont see any response from them. Thanks!!

Hi:
They won't let you know that they have received the documents but will advise you when it is approved and has been forwarded to Havana for processing. My son was very fortunate and his sponsorship application was processed in less than two weeks....give it at least a month. Good luck The waiting is hard but you are on your way.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
sassylassie said:
Keep Swimming Girl! I am so happy to see the old Dbl is back with a wicked fight in her!!! I will def add the column for you! It looks like the spreadsheet need a lil work so I will sit down and clean it up soon! xoxo
Awwwwww thankyou so much sassylassie xoxoxoxo :-* :-* :-* :D Love you girl :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
veradis said:
OMG! :eek: :'( :mad: I am so very sorry to read this.((((((((((Huge Hugs to your friend))))))))))) I hope that something can be done to revoke his PR status :'(