Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
KJG said:
whoops...I see luvcuba said the same thing :p :p

well ladies it is friday night....and I am sitting with my husband in front of the computer watching Matanzas and Industrials play baseball....sharing a beer!!! ahhhh....love!!!! :D
No worries KJG the more responses the merrier lol LOL sounds good to me. I love baseball and moreso if it is Cuban baseball. They are amazing......

Luvcuba

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
Double Rainbow said:
Hi Luv thankyou for thinking of me. xoxoxo :D Ok you email yourself to thru rogers? Can you tell me how? I am confused ??? I have gmail on my cell phone do I just send each text there from my cell phone? I plugged in my cell phone to my computer and they show up but all of the threads together. I cannot select the ones I want to print off Help? A friend said to register your cell to rogersonenumber.com and you can see all of the texts on the screen? ???
I have a blackberry and I'm able to go into the text and forward as email. What kind of phone do you have? I can ask our IT guy at work; he helped me with my old phone before the blackberry.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Luvcuba said:
I have a blackberry and I'm able to go into the text and forward as email. What kind of phone do you have? I can ask our IT guy at work; he helped me with my old phone before the blackberry.
I have a samsung galaxy S smartphone Thankyou Luvcuba :-* :-* :-* :D

Luvcuba

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
Re: Getting Married in Cuba - Help with the Process PLS

KellyTO said:
Hi

I am sure somewhere in this thread you already have this response but I was not able to find it. I hope to be able to marry my Cuban partner in Havana this February (there from 14 to 27) but am a bit worried about timelines for documents here and also getting an appointment with officials in Havana for the marriage.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated, particularly on these questions.

I know I need:
- copy of my birth certificate - copied by a notary here & then translated & notarized by Cuban consulate - Do you know how long that takes and does the notary I get have to have any special status?
- where can I find a Single Status Affidavit? (once done I know I need to get it notarized 1st by a Canadian Notary, then translated and notarized by the Cuban consulate in Toronto).

I have never been married before so don't need any of those docs.

So, is there anything else I need to bring with me or get done prior to leaving?

Finally, what is involved in getting the marriage done in Havana - should I get my partner to make an appointment or is it easy enough to do it while we are together there?

Any info you have the time and would like to provide would be great - best place to get photos done so they are accepted, where my Cuban partner should go for the single status documents and police clearance and how much is the cost etc...

So exciting - glad to have found the forum and this thread.
Hi KellyTO welcome to the thread. I got married Sept 2011. I took my birth certificate (both small & long version) and my divorce certificate to the Cuban Consulate in Toronto/Mississauga. I had them notarized but by a commissioner and they would not accept. They also told me that they were not able to translate even though I had an email stating they would. She provided me with a lawyer just down the road (Bungal?? I still have his card somewhere). I called the lawyer and he was able to translate and notarized right then and he used my small certificate. I took back to the consulate and I received everything back 1 week later. I purchased prepaid envelope from post office. Single status I did not need as my divorce was less than 2 years.

I had pre-arranged the marriage date 5 months in advance so that detail I can't help you with.

My husband did the police check and medical after the wedding; we sent the police check to be legalized and it took almost 5 months to get back. We were told after the fact that we could have paid $100 cuc and got it back within 15 days.

Good luck with everything.

Luvcuba

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
Double Rainbow said:
I have a samsung galaxy smartphone Thankyou Luvcuba :-* :-* :-* :D
Just texted him. I'm off to celebrate mom's birthday but will post his reply later when home. :) :)

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
moonstruck14 said:
hello everyone I am getting married in Varadero leaving Canada May 4 2013 to be with future hubby. Nervous but also excited feeling overwhelmed at times by all the paperwork to be done before and after the wedding but organized with my copies of text messages, phone calls, copies of trips to Cuba and assorted paperwork. :)
Welcome Moonstruck :D Congratulations on your upcoming marriage to your future Cuban husband. Looking forward to seeing you here.We have a super amazing,very helpful support system here. Everyone is so wonderful. :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Luvcuba said:
Just texted him. I'm off to celebrate mom's birthday but will post his reply later when home. :) :)
ok great thankyou and have a nice day with your Mom xoxoxo :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........

Luvcuba said:
Hi KellyTO welcome to the thread. I got married Sept 2011. I took my birth certificate (both small & long version) and my divorce certificate to the Cuban Consulate in Toronto/Mississauga. I had them notarized but by a commissioner and they would not accept. They also told me that they were not able to translate even though I had an email stating they would. She provided me with a lawyer just down the road (Bungal?? I still have his card somewhere). I called the lawyer and he was able to translate and notarized right then and he used my small certificate. I took back to the consulate and I received everything back 1 week later. I purchased prepaid envelope from post office. Single status I did not need as my divorce was less than 2 years.

I had pre-arranged the marriage date 5 months in advance so that detail I can't help you with.

My husband did the police check and medical after the wedding; we sent the police check to be legalized and it took almost 5 months to get back. We were told after the fact that we could have paid $100 cuc and got it back within 15 days.

Good luck with everything.
Yes Welcome KellyTO to the forum and welcome to anybody else I may have missed and sorry for that if I did been going through some rough times as of late. I wish everyone a breezy, speedy process xoxoxoxo :D

Luvcuba

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
Double Rainbow said:
ok great thankyou and have a nice day with your Mom xoxoxo :D
I got a response. He said for you to press menu button; then press forward as email and then send it.

Hope this helps. :)

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Denial letter received to my rep on January 24th 2013 and also hubby's signed form to order the CAIPS notes. rep rerceived my signed form on January 21st. Will submit forms soon to apply to appeal for an ADR.I hope and pray the ADR will be granted.

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
Hi everybody, I've been very busy this past week. I'm starting to gather what I'm bringing with me to Holguin, I'm leaving in 2 weeks. Hubby will be flying tomorrow night (Monday) to Havana, he will be doing his Medical on Tuesday. We have missed each other like crazy.

Welcome to the "newbies" this forum is fantastic for help.

Hope everybody has a great week, the end of January will bring VISAs.

localola

Greeneyes

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
localola said:
Hi everybody, I've been very busy this past week. I'm starting to gather what I'm bringing with me to Holguin, I'm leaving in 2 weeks. Hubby will be flying tomorrow night (Monday) to Havana, he will be doing his Medical on Tuesday. We have missed each other like crazy.

Welcome to the "newbies" this forum is fantastic for help.

Hope everybody has a great week, the end of January will bring VISAs.

localola

I hope the two weeks fly by for you Localola. The weather has been so cold we all wish we were in Cuba with family there. My son is wondering whether he should use a weeks holiday to go to Santa Clara to visit his wife or wait until he hears if she has an interview or not. Yes we hope for visas the end of January but too soon for us we think. The file has just been in Havana since December 10 so still some waiting me thinks. I have learned so much from this site already just reading the submissions from everyone and the support shown is phenomenal. I share the stories of encouragement with my son when we talk. Best of luck to everyone for a wonderful week and news for those that are close.

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013

KellyTO said:
Hi

I am sure somewhere in this thread you already have this response but I was not able to find it. I hope to be able to marry my Cuban partner in Havana this February (there from 14 to 27) but am a bit worried about timelines for documents here and also getting an appointment with officials in Havana for the marriage.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated, particularly on these questions.

I know I need:
- copy of my birth certificate - copied by a notary here & then translated & notarized by Cuban consulate - Do you know how long that takes and does the notary I get have to have any special status?
- where can I find a Single Status Affidavit? (once done I know I need to get it notarized 1st by a Canadian Notary, then translated and notarized by the Cuban consulate in Toronto).

I have never been married before so don't need any of those docs.

So, is there anything else I need to bring with me or get done prior to leaving?

Finally, what is involved in getting the marriage done in Havana - should I get my partner to make an appointment or is it easy enough to do it while we are together there?

Any info you have the time and would like to provide would be great - best place to get photos done so they are accepted, where my Cuban partner should go for the single status documents and police clearance and how much is the cost etc...

So exciting - glad to have found the forum and this thread.
Hello KellyTO, this is what I had to do, I am in PEI, so I dealt with the Consulate in Montreal, I don't know if it is different. But below you will find some links and information, I was married on March 14, 2012 in Cienfuegos Cuba. As for the Declaration of Single Status, I just googled on and changed my information.

http://www.immigroup.com/InternationalMarriage/MarriageToCuban.aspx#3

Marriage in Cuba

Residency Requirement:

Certain countries require that a person resides in that country for a certain amount of time before they are allowed to get married. There is no such requirement for a Cuban marriage, which means that your marriage to a Cuban citizen can happen immediately after your arrival as long as your paperwork is in order.

Basic Document Checklist for Marriage to a Cuban:
Affidavit of Single Status (original or certified copy)
Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
Certificate of divorce or death certificate of previous spouse if applicable
These documents required for marriage to a Cuban must be legalized by a public notary and authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs. These documents must be translated into Spanish. If they are not translated at a Cuban embassy or consulate, a public notary should legalize the translation and the Department of Foreign Affairs should authenticate it as well before being sent to the Cuban Embassy or Consulate. Before traveling to Cuba, make sure that a Cuban diplomatic mission has legalized all your documents and their translations.

******I had mine translated at the embassy. It costs a bit but it was way easier!! and they were really fast.

Department of Foreign Affairs

http://international.gc.ca/about-a_propos/authentication-authentification_documents.aspx?view=d

Submitting documents in person
Simply come to the authentication of documents section (JLAC) at 111 Sussex Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 1J1, with your documents and valid photo ID . You do not need an appointment. The office is open Monday to Friday between 10:30 a.m. and noon and between 2 and 3 p.m. The office is closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
If you have 10 documents or fewer, we can process them while you wait. If you have more than 10 documents, leave them with us. If your documents are left, they could take up to five business days to process. You will be contacted when the documents have been authenticated and are ready to be picked up.
If you do not live in the Ottawa-Gatineau area, you can hire a process server in the area to bring your documents to the office in person. You can find process servers by searching the Internet.

http://www.cubadiplomatica.cu/canada/EN/ConsularServices.aspx

Consular jurisdiction: Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC, Yukon, Northwest territories & Nunavut
Address: 5353 Dundas West, Square Kipling, Suite 205, Toronto, ON, M9B 6H8
Phone: (416) 234-8181
Fax: (416) 234-2754
e-mail: toronto@embacubacanada.net

Open to the public:
Monday to Friday, from 10:00 am. to 1:00 pm.

Phone calls: Monday to Friday from 2:00 pm. to 5:00 pm.

Closed on Cuban and Canadian Holidays

Marriage Certificate Transcript:

After the marriage ceremony before the authorities of the country, the marriage must be transcribed in the Consulate for its final acknowledgement in Cuba.

To such effect, the following documents are essential:

1. Photocopies of the birth certificates of both spouses.

2. Entire original marriage certificate, certified and legalized by competent authorities.

3. Application form for transcription of the marriage attached, duly filled out.

4. Photocopy of the Consular Registration Card of the Cuban citizen.

Payment of the consular fee for this service must be made with bank cheque or in cash, for legalization before the Consulate, translation of the entire document and all the formalities of transcription and registration. This service is always requested in person.

Legalization and certification of Documents

Documents to be used in Cuba for legal procedures must be legalized by the corresponding authorities of the country.
Documents must be translated by a notarized translator and legalized, both the original and the translation, by the competent authorities and then by the Cuban Consulate, or, having the originals legalized by the competent authorities and then having them translated at the Cuban Consulate along with the legalization of the original and the translation.

Payment of the consular fee must be made for this service.

NOTE: If the application is made by mail or via a third party, an extra consular fee will be charged for the pertinent Consular service.

All payments must be made in cash or by a bank certified cheque. All cash sent by mail will be refused and returned at the risk of the applicant.

FEES : http://www.cubadiplomatica.cu/Portals/23/forms_english/aranceles_eng.pdf

I think this process costs about 800.00.
Hope this helps. Emily

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
KJG said:
you have to get it...go to the immigration canada website and just type in B4 form and it should give the pdf!!!

if he is coming before you go just tell him to write everything down on a piece of paper that is in his suitcase
Thanks so much KJG,

I also have a friend who works in Customs and Immigration and he stated the same thing. Now we just need to wait and see if he is really going for his VISA on Thursday and that all is ok. Thursday seems so far away, but my hubby is staying calm, unlike me.

Keep you posted, Emily

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
When I was preparing my papers for our marriage, I found a great Spanish speaking lawyer in Toronto that also does translations. He had everything prepared for me in 24hrs completed, notarized everything. I then went to the Cuban Consulate and they legalized everything for me then and there. The Consulate fees came to 760.00 - for me.
The lawyer is also going to translate all the Cuban documents for us for CIC application.

localola