Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DDG said:
Visa granted!! He had to go redo his photos but she gave him an address and 30 min and he brought them back. Visa's are good until October 2013 so he is going to come first and daughter will come later. he still needs his letter from work but he told me he needed his Visa first. He flies back to Bayamo tomorrow so I won't know when he can come until next week. Ahhhh it's over!! Thanks for all your support everyone! I hope I serve to support others.

sandy ... your mom is right, no news is good news... is what i kept thinking too!! you will get called very very soon.
Congratulations DDG - Very happy for you and your husband. I shared the news with my son and told him that I hope and pray he gets that same news very soon. Can anyone help with one way flights to Cuba. It seems you have to go for at least a week which is proving hard for him. He wants to go to Santa Clara to see his wife for a few days as he has some time that he has banked from work. He used to be able to book Air Canada by himself one way and go for a couple of days at a time but since you now have to book Air Canada vacations the option for one way is no longer there. Someone at work told him they will now only book return flights. Any help for him would be much appreciated.

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
Greeneyes said:
Congratulations DDG - Very happy for you and your husband. I shared the news with my son and told him that I hope and pray he gets that same news very soon. Can anyone help with one way flights to Cuba. It seems you have to go for at least a week which is proving hard for him. He wants to go to Santa Clara to see his wife for a few days as he has some time that he has banked from work. He used to be able to book Air Canada by himself one way and go for a couple of days at a time but since you now have to book Air Canada vacations the option for one way is no longer there. Someone at work told him they will now only book return flights. Any help for him would be much appreciated.
Hello Green Eyes,

I've had luck booking flights directly with Air Cubana. When I got married, I book a one way with Air Cubana and another one with Air Canada. Sometimes if you call Air Canada you can get them to look at different flights, the Air Canada Vacations is the only way to look at them online, but you might have luck on the phone with someone or a travel agent. But I would try Air Cubana directly.
http://www.cubana.cu/home/?lang=en

Good Luck, Emily

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
KJG said:
the copr...is the white sheet he will get at the embassy when he gets his visa...when they get their visa they get a legal size envelope with their passport in it and 2 8 x 14 pieces of white paper....the immigration officer at the embassy will hand out the envelopes and tell everyone to check over the white sheets carefully because that is what they need along with their visa in the passport......when they arrive in Canada the border people will keep one copy and the other copy your husband has to keep.....they will go over the information with him and have him initial certain parts of the form....KEEP THIS FORM....this is what you need to get your SIN; bank account...health card.........very very important.

The B4 form he should just put down the contents of his suitcase i.e. 4 pairs jeans; 4 cd's; 6 t-shirts; this is for suitcase only or if he has other luggage following later....most cubans don't!!!! He will also have to fill out the standard Customs Declaration form on the plane....if he brings rum/cigars/cigarettes he has to declare those on that form!!!

Hope that helps Emily!! :D

Thanks KJG,

This is very helpful!! Do you know where he can get the B4 form? Emily

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
EmilyNajarro said:
Thanks KJG,

you have to get it...go to the immigration canada website and just type in B4 form and it should give the pdf!!!

if he is coming before you go just tell him to write everything down on a piece of paper that is in his suitcase

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
DDG said:
Visa granted!! He had to go redo his photos but she gave him an address and 30 min and he brought them back. Visa's are good until October 2013 so he is going to come first and daughter will come later. he still needs his letter from work but he told me he needed his Visa first. He flies back to Bayamo tomorrow so I won't know when he can come until next week. Ahhhh it's over!! Thanks for all your support everyone! I hope I serve to support others.

sandy ... your mom is right, no news is good news... is what i kept thinking too!! you will get called very very soon.
DDG,

I can't even imagine how you must be feeling right now. I am so incredibly excited for you. I am counting down the minutes and the days till next Thursday. I am hoping that it is the same thing, we didn't get a letter, so I am a little worried that it is something different. But staying positive!!! Keep us posted, so excited for you!!!!!!!! Emily :D

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EmilyNajarro said:
Thanks KJG,

Hi Emily - the post at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/b4-help-please-t100666.0.html;msg1465354#msg1465354 may help also.

Double Rainbow said:
Awwwwww :-* :-* :-* :D Thankyou sassy xoxoxo I am back and I am taking this as far as I have to to get hubby's visa. I am ready to fight.... Dancing shoes are off and my boxing boots and gloves are on...... Round 1 is over on to round 2. 8) It is not how you fall.... It is how you get back up... ;)
amazing attitude! :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Hi everyone :D Congratulations DDG so happy for you Woo Hoo :-* :p :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
KJG said:
DR....you're back and if good form!!! Have missed you around here but understandably you had to sort things out!!!! I am sure you will get an ADR meeting and this will be over and your husband will get his VISA. Please please let us know if we can help in any way.....with anything. Hugs to you and your husband!!!!
Thankyou KJG :-* :D I also have missed you and everyone. Wondering how you can retrieve your cell phone messages to print off from your computer. I have tried and tried and could not. I am with rogers. I called them and they said I cannot as it is a privacy issue. I paid to dowload them, they went to my computer but then I could not open them to print them. Do you or anybody know how to get our cell phone messages? ??? Thankyou :) Ok I was told if I register with rogers 1 I will be able to get my messages. I will update later.... Hope you and everyone had a nice day xoxoxoxo :D :-*

Luvcuba

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
Double Rainbow said:
Thankyou KJG :-* :D I also have missed you and everyone. Wondering how you can retrieve your cell phone messages to print off from your computer. I have tried and tried and could not. I am with rogers. I called them and they said I cannot as it is a privacy issue. I paid to dowload them, they went to my computer but then I could not open them to print them. Do you or anybody know how to get our cell phone messages? ??? Thankyou :) Ok I was told if I register with rogers 1 I will be able to get my messages. I will update later.... Hope you and everyone had a nice day xoxoxoxo :D :-*
Hi Double Rainbow; I email the texts to myself thru Rogers
Been thinking of you

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Double Rainbow said:
hey DR...I am with Rogers and thank goodness I had saved all my text messages...sent and received....I had to email them to myself...long and tedious but worth it!!!!

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
whoops...I see luvcuba said the same thing :p :p

well ladies it is friday night....and I am sitting with my husband in front of the computer watching Matanzas and Industrials play baseball....sharing a beer!!! ahhhh....love!!!! :D

KellyTO

Jan 26, 2013
Getting Married in Cuba - Help with the Process PLS

Hi

I am sure somewhere in this thread you already have this response but I was not able to find it. I hope to be able to marry my Cuban partner in Havana this February (there from 14 to 27) but am a bit worried about timelines for documents here and also getting an appointment with officials in Havana for the marriage.

Any feedback or advice would be appreciated, particularly on these questions.

I know I need:
- copy of my birth certificate - copied by a notary here & then translated & notarized by Cuban consulate - Do you know how long that takes and does the notary I get have to have any special status?
- where can I find a Single Status Affidavit? (once done I know I need to get it notarized 1st by a Canadian Notary, then translated and notarized by the Cuban consulate in Toronto).

I have never been married before so don't need any of those docs.

So, is there anything else I need to bring with me or get done prior to leaving?

Finally, what is involved in getting the marriage done in Havana - should I get my partner to make an appointment or is it easy enough to do it while we are together there?

Any info you have the time and would like to provide would be great - best place to get photos done so they are accepted, where my Cuban partner should go for the single status documents and police clearance and how much is the cost etc...

So exciting - glad to have found the forum and this thread.

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
Luvcuba said:
Hi Double Rainbow; I email the texts to myself thru Rogers
Been thinking of you
Hi Luv thankyou for thinking of me. xoxoxo :D Ok you email yourself to thru rogers? Can you tell me how? I am confused ??? I have gmail on my cell phone do I just send each text there from my cell phone? I plugged in my cell phone to my computer and they show up but all of the threads together. I cannot select the ones I want to print off Help? A friend said to register your cell to rogersonenumber.com and you can see all of the texts on the screen? ???