Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
picachicha said:
I was in the immigration office two weeks ago and they said that only minors will need to update the passport and that all you need is your visa and ticket and you're set to go. Oh and the baja from work or school.
What is the baja from work or school?

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
KJG said:
ahh ready....so sick with strep throat... :'( that is why I have not been on here much....got the meds today so hopefully they start kicking in soon!!!
GET WELL SOON HON
THIS WEATHER IS CRAZY STAY WARM GET LOTS OF REST DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS AND TAKE IT EASY
WE ALL NEED YOU AND YOUR POSITIVE SPIRTS AROUND HERE

HUGS DARLING

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
EmilyNajarro said:
What is the baja from work or school?
baja is the letter from work/school releasing you...saying you don't owe time; money etc. and I believe you have to hand in your ration book as well......if your spouse has not been working or going to school for over 6 months then this is not applicable.

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
GET WELL SOON HON
THIS WEATHER IS CRAZY STAY WARM GET LOTS OF REST DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS AND TAKE IT EASY
WE ALL NEED YOU AND YOUR POSITIVE SPIRTS AROUND HERE

HUGS DARLING
thanks luv, slowly but surely getting better!!!! xoxo

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
KJG said:
baja is the letter from work/school releasing you...saying you don't owe time; money etc. and I believe you have to hand in your ration book as well......if your spouse has not been working or going to school for over 6 months then this is not applicable.
Thanks KJG, do you know anything about the COPR and the B4 form to declare items? Emily

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
DDG said:
Yes, it's a view issue. CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm was in disbelief too... I'm still not saying much until the Visa is in his hands. haha. I called CIC call center and read him my reps email and told him what they said, and he told me it was not an interview, but the Visa because they are required to tell them it's an interview if it is... soo... phew dodged that bullet!! I am relieved because I am OUT OF MONEY to go back ! If I go back to get him I can't do it until end of February. I don't want to wait any more! I'll send him on a plane alone. I have WestJet credit for 1 flight !! I think he can leave Feb 11. Going to ask the Embassy if we can bring daughter later.

Welcome to all the new members! I can't explain what this process is. So many emotions, so many if's, why not's, I hope, I can't wait, wait, wait, wait. Good Luck to everyone. XO Will let you know Thursday after he's been to the Embassy! I'll check back Emily on Jan 31!

sandy... this is your week! sassy -- must be getting excited to go.
shuster, luvcuba, avana, KGJ -- I am freaking out about where he is going to work, what he is going to do, what he's going to eat, if he's going to freeze... lol ahhhh thinking about him coming is more pressure than waiting...haha...he's going to actually see me....in my house, my environment, my habits, my lifelstyle! i could be a terrible wife ahhaha... you know what thier momma's are like!! I spent this entire weekend organizing and cleaning everything. His closet is cleaned out... ;D

Thinking about you...hope all goes well tomorrow!! Please let us know!! Emily

EmilyNajarro said:
Hello again, here are the dates that I have and the any other information. I am still figuring out this website, I notice everyone has this list under their name, I assume that it is something that you earn the more posts you put up. Or I am missing something completely. I wish that I had found this website a long time ago. Everyone is so kind, helpful and supportive. It's really great!!

Our application was filed on July 18, 2012. I was approved for sponsorship on August 23, 2012. My husband received a letter and a call on November 14, 2012 to inform him that they have begun processing his application. This is also what it says on his application status. I was not able to get onto his application status till this past Thursday, but when I went on it says that his Medical results have been received, but there is no date listed. Next my husband got a call on Thursday January 17th, 2013 telling him to present himself at the embassy on Thursday January 31st, at 8:30 am. He is to bring his passport and two pictures. No explanation, nothing. Also there was not e-mail sent to him like the last time he was contacted. So, I am hoping it is good news, but I am also trying not to get my hopes up! 9 more sleeps and I will know more!!! Hope this helps, Emily
thank you so much for your timeline. I am about 9 days after you in sending the app. However my approval was much longer and only got approved on October 10. Our ecas saying processing since December 10th however not a word from Havana no call or nothing for missing docs or questions. My mom keeps telling me NO NEWS is GOOD NEWS. I hope she is right. Have a great day and all the best

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
EmilyNajarro said:
Thanks KJG, do you know anything about the COPR and the B4 form to declare items? Emily
the copr...is the white sheet he will get at the embassy when he gets his visa...when they get their visa they get a legal size envelope with their passport in it and 2 8 x 14 pieces of white paper....the immigration officer at the embassy will hand out the envelopes and tell everyone to check over the white sheets carefully because that is what they need along with their visa in the passport......when they arrive in Canada the border people will keep one copy and the other copy your husband has to keep.....they will go over the information with him and have him initial certain parts of the form....KEEP THIS FORM....this is what you need to get your SIN; bank account...health card.........very very important.

The B4 form he should just put down the contents of his suitcase i.e. 4 pairs jeans; 4 cd's; 6 t-shirts; this is for suitcase only or if he has other luggage following later....most cubans don't!!!! He will also have to fill out the standard Customs Declaration form on the plane....if he brings rum/cigars/cigarettes he has to declare those on that form!!!

Hope that helps Emily!! :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ppsandy79 said:
thank you so much for your timeline. I am about 9 days after you in sending the app. However my approval was much longer and only got approved on October 10. Our ecas saying processing since December 10th however not a word from Havana no call or nothing for missing docs or questions. My mom keeps telling me NO NEWS is GOOD NEWS. I hope she is right. Have a great day and all the best
your mom is right!!!!! your call is coming soon.......hang in a little longer ppsandy79....you don't want him arriving here in this cold snap anyway...he would probably turn around and catch the next flight back!!! :D

KJG said:
your mom is right!!!!! your call is coming soon.......hang in a little longer ppsandy79....you don't want him arriving here in this cold snap anyway...he would probably turn around and catch the next flight back!!! :D
lol YES i am sure your right. Hope you feel better soon :D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ppsandy79 said:
lol YES i am sure your right. Hope you feel better soon :D
thank you...today is the first day I have felt energetic in a long time...feels good!!!! :D

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
KJG said:
thank you...today is the first day I have felt energetic in a long time...feels good!!!! :D
:D :p :-* Yayyyyyyyyy

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
sassylassie said:
Good Evening Havana Forum

This past week was not a great one for us. When one of us suffers a blow we all feel it. It makes us all worry and it makes us all feel awful for our fellow pal.

Tomorrow starts a new week. I hope we can all find some positive to look forward too. Dbl Rainbow has ALWAYS been so positive and always been so supportive. This is inspiration for all of us.

I am keeping you all in my thoughts, and really hoping we see some movement for those who are close to expecting calls. C'mon Havana!

DDG is back. Did you get some quality time with hubby? Keep us posted
Avana how was weekend # 2 with handsome hubby?
KJG How is hubby enjoying his new job?
ppsandy...any news or updates from Havana?
panorama..where you been girl? Update us on your process when you can....or come blow off some steam : )
Shuster...well we know why you have been absent....we respect that!
Luvcuba....how is the prep coming for hubbys landing?
Locallola.....hubby goes in a couple weeks for the medical....are you working on the app too? Where are you in the process?
Greeneyes..how was your weekend? How is son/D.I.L holding out? BTW...I discovered this week that we did indeed get a AOR from Havana...Dec 10/12...so we can keep each other posted!
rgbspace....welcome again....what area of Cuba are you from? Havana? What part of Canada are you from?!

**** ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D******** :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D***** <------channeling Dbl Rainbows positive attitude here!
Awwwwww :-* :-* :-* :D Thankyou sassy xoxoxo I am back and I am taking this as far as I have to to get hubby's visa. I am ready to fight.... Dancing shoes are off and my boxing boots and gloves are on...... Round 1 is over on to round 2. 8) It is not how you fall.... It is how you get back up... ;)

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
Double Rainbow said:
Awwwwww :-* :-* :-* :D Thankyou sassy xoxoxo I am back and I am taking this as far as I have to to get hubby's visa. I am ready to fight.... Dancing shoes are off and my boxing boots and gloves are on...... Round 1 is over on to round 2. 8) It is not how you fall.... It is how you get back up... ;)
DR....you're back and if good form!!! Have missed you around here but understandably you had to sort things out!!!! I am sure you will get an ADR meeting and this will be over and your husband will get his VISA. Please please let us know if we can help in any way.....with anything. Hugs to you and your husband!!!!

DDG

Star Member
Sep 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
HAV
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 24/12
File Transfer...
Oct 02/12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
January 14/13
VISA ISSUED...
January 24/13
Visa granted!! He had to go redo his photos but she gave him an address and 30 min and he brought them back. Visa's are good until October 2013 so he is going to come first and daughter will come later. he still needs his letter from work but he told me he needed his Visa first. He flies back to Bayamo tomorrow so I won't know when he can come until next week. Ahhhh it's over!! Thanks for all your support everyone! I hope I serve to support others.

sandy ... your mom is right, no news is good news... is what i kept thinking too!! you will get called very very soon.