Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
Hi Everyone... Thankyou for your continued support here. It means so very much to hubby and I. Congratulations to everyone moving along in your process. No, I have not started an appeal just yet. I want to but....... I am waiting for the refusal letter first from Havana. The IMM consul will order the CAIPS notes once she receives hubby's signed form and go from there. She received mine today. I assume it would be 30 days from the date of the refusal letter to apply for the appeal?Now just have to waitfor the CAIPS notes once the Imm consul has both to subit. Do they take about 6 weeks to receive? Hubby is sick with the flu and bad cold. I am just getting over the flu/cold. Most likely from all of the stress. Hubby brought our wedding albums to the interview and that Cuban woman kept them to add to the sponsorship app :eek: ??? Hubby just wanted to show our albums. There were 3 medium size ones. Hubby was so proud to have them. When he told me they kept them I was shocked. :eek: I told him to call there and request them back.I am worried about these going missing :( Another insult to our injustice :'( :mad: Anyways besides crying like babies together on the phone, texts. I received a beautiful email yesterday afternoon from hubby as sick as he was. It made me cry. Hubby said there is no distancia between us, our love will conquer all. He said he needs a visa for Canada but doesn't need a visa to love me and our love is strong and will reclaim the injustice done.Hopefully this will get resolved quickly for us. Hubby also said God is muy grande. Please pray for us. I/we love all of you. xoxoxoxoxo :-* :)

Double Rainbow said:
Hi Everyone... Thankyou for your continued support here. It means so very much to hubby and I. Congratulations to everyone moving along in your process. No, I have not started an appeal just yet. I want to but....... I am waiting for the refusal letter first from Havana. The IMM consul will order the CAIPS notes once she receives hubby's signed form and go from there. She received mine today. I assume it would be 30 days from the date of the refusal letter to apply for the appeal?Now just have to waitfor the CAIPS notes once the Imm consul has both to subit. Do they take about 6 weeks to receive? Hubby is sick with the flu and bad cold. I am just getting over the flu/cold. Most likely from all of the stress. Hubby brought our wedding albums to the interview and that Cuban woman kept them to add to the sponsorship app :eek: ??? Hubby just wanted to show our albums. There were 3 medium size ones. Hubby was so proud to have them. When he told me they kept them I was shocked. :eek: I told him to call there and request them back.I am worried about these going missing :( Another insult to our injustice :'( :mad: Anyways besides crying like babies together on the phone, texts. I received a beautiful email yesterday afternoon from hubby as sick as he was. It made me cry. Hubby said there is no distancia between us, our love will conquer all. He said he needs a visa for Canada but doesn't need a visa to love me and our love is strong and will reclaim the injustice done.Hopefully this will get resolved quickly for us. Hubby also said God is muy grande. Please pray for us. I/we love all of you. xoxoxoxoxo :-* :)
You will get through this. My positive thoughts and prayers are with both of you always

EmilyNajarro said:
Hello ppsandy79,

We received our call on January 17th and he is to present himself on January 31st. We have not received a letter, nor has our status changed to decision made. Our status states that his medical was received, but there is no date stamp. So not sure it's an approval. Just waiting to see what happens next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. Are you applying from Quebec? I was under the impression if was a bit different there? I'll keep you posted when I know more. Emily
Good Morning, I was wondering when your approval from CIC in Mississauga as there is no way of knowing when Havana gets it. Yes I am in Quebec, the only difference is I pay another $260 for a extra piece of paper but everything else is the same. Thank you for keeping me posted. Have a great day.

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
Double Rainbow said:
Hi Everyone... Thankyou for your continued support here. It means so very much to hubby and I. Congratulations to everyone moving along in your process. No, I have not started an appeal just yet. I want to but....... I am waiting for the refusal letter first from Havana. The IMM consul will order the CAIPS notes once she receives hubby's signed form and go from there. She received mine today. I assume it would be 30 days from the date of the refusal letter to apply for the appeal?Now just have to waitfor the CAIPS notes once the Imm consul has both to subit. Do they take about 6 weeks to receive? Hubby is sick with the flu and bad cold. I am just getting over the flu/cold. Most likely from all of the stress. Hubby brought our wedding albums to the interview and that Cuban woman kept them to add to the sponsorship app :eek: ??? Hubby just wanted to show our albums. There were 3 medium size ones. Hubby was so proud to have them. When he told me they kept them I was shocked. :eek: I told him to call there and request them back.I am worried about these going missing :( Another insult to our injustice :'( :mad: Anyways besides crying like babies together on the phone, texts. I received a beautiful email yesterday afternoon
from hubby as sick as he was. It made me cry. Hubby said there is no distancia between us, our love will conquer all. He said he needs a visa for Canada but doesn't need a visa to love me and our love is strong and will reclaim the injustice done.Hopefully this will get resolved quickly for us. Hubby also said God is muy grande. Please pray for us. I/we love all of you. xoxoxoxoxo :-* :)

Sorry..... just here on your page snooping I was soo sorry to read that your husband had been refused
Good luck on your appeal
Your post has me in tears …… it is so wonderful how love can overcome any hardship
I pray that you and your husband are reunited soon
Love conquers all
God bless you
you and yours are in my prayers

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ppsandy79 said:
Good Morning, I was wondering when your approval from CIC in Mississauga as there is no way of knowing when Havana gets it. Yes I am in Quebec, the only difference is I pay another $260 for a extra piece of paper but everything else is the same. Thank you for keeping me posted. Have a great day.
Hi ppsandy79 there really is no way to know......usually 3 weeks is the average. ;)

ready_fi_move_on

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH-16-2012
AOR Received.
JUNE 27 2012:)
File Transfer...
JUNE-27-2012
Med's Done....
FEB-2012
Interview........
OCTOBER 8TH 2012
Passport Req..
NOVEMBER 29TH
VISA ISSUED...
DECEMBER-12-2012
LANDED..........
WHOOOOO DECEMBER 17-2012
kjg
how you doing honey?

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
ready_fi_move_on said:
kjg
how you doing honey?
ahh ready....so sick with strep throat... :'( that is why I have not been on here much....got the meds today so hopefully they start kicking in soon!!!

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
ppsandy79 said:
Hello again, here are the dates that I have and the any other information. I am still figuring out this website, I notice everyone has this list under their name, I assume that it is something that you earn the more posts you put up. Or I am missing something completely. I wish that I had found this website a long time ago. Everyone is so kind, helpful and supportive. It's really great!!

Our application was filed on July 18, 2012. I was approved for sponsorship on August 23, 2012. My husband received a letter and a call on November 14, 2012 to inform him that they have begun processing his application. This is also what it says on his application status. I was not able to get onto his application status till this past Thursday, but when I went on it says that his Medical results have been received, but there is no date listed. Next my husband got a call on Thursday January 17th, 2013 telling him to present himself at the embassy on Thursday January 31st, at 8:30 am. He is to bring his passport and two pictures. No explanation, nothing. Also there was not e-mail sent to him like the last time he was contacted. So, I am hoping it is good news, but I am also trying not to get my hopes up! 9 more sleeps and I will know more!!! Hope this helps, Emily

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
DDG said:
I got home yesterday, Embassy wrote my Rep today and Hubby got the call. They told him he needs to be in Embassy Thursday, January 24 at 830 am and asked him if his daughter was travling with him. He said yes. They said to bring both passports and 2 photos for the Visa. (Gave him demensions). He asked if we needed pictures for Amara and they said no only him. He asked if they needed more documetns to prove the relationship and she replied "No they said you don't need more". You only need bring the passports and photos.

Here is what the embassy wrote to rep: Dear Sir/ Madam,

Reference is made to the permanent residence application received at this office. Please be advised that applicant has been convoked for Final Review of file and possible visa issuance on January 24, 2013 at 8:30 am. Passports for applicant and daughter are required.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / Section de l'Immigration 15
Havana-Im-Enquiry @ international.gc.ca

Is this an interview or a Visa issue?
DDG or anyone who might know,

What does it mean for final review? What should my husband expect when he arrives on January 31st. We didn't get a letter, just a call.
If he gets his visa on that day, can I just buy him a ticket? Is there anything else that we have to do?

Thanks, Emily

EmilyNajarro

Mar 30, 2012
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 18, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Yes- Date Unknown
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan. 31, 2013
LANDED..........
Feb. 18, 2013
sassylassie said:
Good Evening Havana Ladies!!!

Laritza and I just returned this evening from travels to the Ottawa area to visit family. We have been gone since last Wed. I just popped on to catch up.

Exciting news for Mr. KJG! He is on his way to pure independence!

DDG...finally you accept the news!!! LOL Relax and enjoy the next few weeks of you time before you have to kick into full time wifey mode!

This week we HAVE to hear from Havana for Sandy....girl I got good feelings for you.

Welcome to Emily. Do you care to share a lil about you and your hubby? Where is he from? Where are you from? How long have you been together? When did you submit and get stage 1 approval? It sounds like VERY promising news for you for Jan 31! Congrats!

A big shout out to all the other ladies, please keep on keepin' us posted on whatchu doin' ! : ) I love when we hear from Shu and Avana! We miss you but totally get your absence : )

I am getting very excited about our trip...it is now sinking in that we will be together in 9 days ( when I wake up tomorrow it will be 9 days :p ) Hubby has completely renovated our washroom for me. I mean he gutted the whole thing out and re-did it! He has been sending pictures and it is sooo beautiful! He even installed the most beautiful counter for all my toiletries and make up! I am spoiled!! I do not even have a counter in my bathroom here! LOL Did I ever tell you ladies how one of my first gifts from Hubby was a toilet seat?!?! No lies...I was soo friggin' touched! jajajajaja it really is the small things they do that leave the biggest impact!

Lastly...big hugs to Dbl Rainbow. We miss you on here and when you are ready come back just to check in and let us know that you are as KJG says gearing up for a big fight for the appeal. You said it best yourself Dbl....it ain't over until it is over!

xoxox
Sassy
Hubby and I met in Trinidad, he is originally from Cienfuegos, which is where we got married on March 14th, 2012. Exactly one year after we met!! As I am from PEI...Island to Island was our theme!! The winter will be a shock, but he has been to Western Canada and France before. He is a musician and has travelled with a couple different groups. We are expecting our first child on April 13th, so the possibility of him arriving before the birth is pretty overwhelming. First stage approval was on August 23, 2012. Thanks so much for asking...Emily

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
EmilyNajarro said:
Hello again, here are the dates that I have and the any other information. I am still figuring out this website, I notice everyone has this list under their name, I assume that it is something that you earn the more posts you put up. Or I am missing something completely. I wish that I had found this website a long time ago. Everyone is so kind, helpful and supportive. It's really great!!

Our application was filed on July 18, 2012. I was approved for sponsorship on August 23, 2012. My husband received a letter and a call on November 14, 2012 to inform him that they have begun processing his application. This is also what it says on his application status. I was not able to get onto his application status till this past Thursday, but when I went on it says that his Medical results have been received, but there is no date listed. Next my husband got a call on Thursday January 17th, 2013 telling him to present himself at the embassy on Thursday January 31st, at 8:30 am. He is to bring his passport and two pictures. No explanation, nothing. Also there was not e-mail sent to him like the last time he was contacted. So, I am hoping it is good news, but I am also trying not to get my hopes up! 9 more sleeps and I will know more!!! Hope this helps, Emily
Hi Emily.....well if he got a call on the 17th and was asked to be there on the 30th and bring passport and two pictures and it being a Thursday pretty safe to say visa issuance. If it was for an interview they would have stated that as well as to bring along further proof of your relationship!!! I think you can count this as very good news. Your husband will more than likely attend in the Embassy at 8:30 hand over his passport and pictures and then they will tell him to come back at 2:30 or so....that is when they hand out the visas.....and usually about 15 to 20 people receive visas. Not all are spousal some are visitors!!!! Awesome news but I totally understand the desire not to get excited...but honestly it is good news. ;D

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
EmilyNajarro said:
DDG or anyone who might know,

What does it mean for final review? What should my husband expect when he arrives on January 31st. We didn't get a letter, just a call.
If he gets his visa on that day, can I just buy him a ticket? Is there anything else that we have to do?

Thanks, Emily
Emily he should get his visa that day as I already stated. Once visa is in hand you can book his flight!!! Honestly with this new system I do not know if there is a waiting period or not or if anything is needed. I am hearing stories about people getting to the airport and being turned away even with a ticket because apparently there is some sort of new checklist in place and everything must be in order. So I would suggest...and this is just a suggestion is that if he gets his visa thursday...show up immediately at 8am on Friday at his local immigration office and ask what he needs to do or is he free and clear to book..that way you can book on Friday for him if they say go ahead!!!

Luvcuba

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
12-07-2012
File Transfer...
16-07-2012
Interview........
25-10-2012 & 20-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-12
LANDED..........
07-02-13
KJG said:
Emily he should get his visa that day as I already stated. Once visa is in hand you can book his flight!!! Honestly with this new system I do not know if there is a waiting period or not or if anything is needed. I am hearing stories about people getting to the airport and being turned away even with a ticket because apparently there is some sort of new checklist in place and everything must be in order. So I would suggest...and this is just a suggestion is that if he gets his visa thursday...show up immediately at 8am on Friday at his local immigration office and ask what he needs to do or is he free and clear to book..that way you can book on Friday for him if they say go ahead!!!
Hey KJG; now I'm worried; do you know why people are turned away? Hubby went to immigration to update passport; they told him to do in Canada as it has visa in it. Wouldn't they have told him if he needed something else?

picachicha

Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-12
AOR Received.
Never!!!
File Transfer...
26-09-12
Med's Done....
08-05-12
Interview........
None!!!
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-13
LANDED..........
Soon! :)
Hi everyone!

As some of you may know (I'm on facebook, you know me ;) ), I went to Cuba on January 5th because I was fed up of waiting. Everyone around me was getting 'In Process' or whatnot in their ECAS and I was floating around in silent space! Well, lo and behold, on January 7th around lunch time, my husband got the call from Havana for January 17th!!!

He received the visa with no interview! I was so ready for one, I had trained him military style but it wasn't needed after all. Now he knows way too much about my ex boyfriends for nothing! LMAO

We are thrilled! He's still in Cuba because he needs documents from his university (and because my flight was 48 hours after his visa handout) so it was all a bit rush-rush! Today on the ECAS it finally said:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 13, 2012.

We started processing your application on January 17, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Processing? Uh...wow, that was quick! lol So don't rely on ECAS too much (or at all)! I also never received an AOR or DND!

picachicha

Jan 7, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-12
AOR Received.
Never!!!
File Transfer...
26-09-12
Med's Done....
08-05-12
Interview........
None!!!
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-13
LANDED..........
Soon! :)
Luvcuba said:
Hey KJG; now I'm worried; do you know why people are turned away? Hubby went to immigration to update passport; they told him to do in Canada as it has visa in it. Wouldn't they have told him if he needed something else?
I was in the immigration office two weeks ago and they said that only minors will need to update the passport and that all you need is your visa and ticket and you're set to go. Oh and the baja from work or school.