Interview........
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
22-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2016
LANDED..........
15-10-2016
There are three options (a, b and c as you marked below). You need to provide docs from at least two of those 3 categories.

>>>I need to provide 2 of the following:
a) important docs showing that me and my spouse are recognized as each other's spouses (i.e. insurance benefits, employment) - I clearly cannot provide this since he's not even in Canada and can't even come here.

If you do not have any other important document showing that you and your spouse are recognized as each other's spouses, then you need to focus on b and c below.

>>>b) Documentary evidence of financial support between you and sponsor, and/or shared expenses- What exactly does this mean? Proof that I have paid for things, such as adding credit to his phone? Buying this for the house? etc.? Otherwise, I have nothing to add her as well.

If you sent money to your spouse, adding credit to the phone, buying things for the house, paying for tickets when traveling, yes, this is documentary evidence of financial support.

>>>c) Other proof that your relationship is recognized by friends and/or family (i.e. letter from friends, proof of public relatinoship through social media, etc.) - I am able to provide this.

d) *Additional option*: my sponsor declared me as their spouse already when i applied for PR in Canada. At that time I was a non-accompanying family member. I was examined but did not receive an immigrant visa. - To be honest, I really don't know what this means.

That is just an additional option that may not apply to your spouse. Are you aware of any other PR application where your spouse was a non-accompanying family member (let's say his mother/father applied for PR and your spouse did not come with them etc)?

To all those who had to fill out this section too (not sure if the old application had it also), with a Cuban spouse it's kind of hard. What did you guys put? Any advice?

Thanks so much. Sorry for the super long post.
Best and good luck to all who are waiting for your visas.[/QUOTE]

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Fingers crossed for everyone here :)
We are still waiting for medical request... hoping it comes soon..

emeritus

Jul 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
Dec
Med's Done....
Jan 12
Oh no :( hope u hear news soon!

My timeline:
App received: July 7, 2017
AOR1: August 10, 2017
SA: August 17, 2017
AOR2: August 29, 2017

Reactions: Manguita

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
I
Oh no :( hope u hear news soon!

My timeline:
App received: July 7, 2017
AOR1: August 10, 2017
SA: August 17, 2017
AOR2: August 29, 2017

Tomorrow will be exactly 8 months in total so far. Canada processed my paperwork in 3 weeks. I have a friend you sent in her paperwork a month before me and her hubby was in Canada in May. I wish I knew what the hold up is in Cuba. They take forever. Plus the fact my husband nor I haven't received anything since we got email that Havana received it and processing it. Which was back in March. Fingers crossed we all get our husband's here soon!!

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I

Tomorrow will be exactly 8 months in total so far. Canada processed my paperwork in 3 weeks. I have a friend you sent in her paperwork a month before me and her hubby was in Canada in May. I wish I knew what the hold up is in Cuba. They take forever. Plus the fact my husband nor I haven't received anything since we got email that Havana received it and processing it. Which was back in March. Fingers crossed we all get our husband's here soon!!

So i am at 9 months Mrs Suarez 8 months there's some older? Ajjaja

lienocka17

Jul 24, 2016
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Havana
App. Filed.......
09-01-2018
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
There are three options (a, b and c as you marked below). You need to provide docs from at least two of those 3 categories.

>>>I need to provide 2 of the following:
a) important docs showing that me and my spouse are recognized as each other's spouses (i.e. insurance benefits, employment) - I clearly cannot provide this since he's not even in Canada and can't even come here.

If you do not have any other important document showing that you and your spouse are recognized as each other's spouses, then you need to focus on b and c below.

>>>b) Documentary evidence of financial support between you and sponsor, and/or shared expenses- What exactly does this mean? Proof that I have paid for things, such as adding credit to his phone? Buying this for the house? etc.? Otherwise, I have nothing to add her as well.

If you sent money to your spouse, adding credit to the phone, buying things for the house, paying for tickets when traveling, yes, this is documentary evidence of financial support.

>>>c) Other proof that your relationship is recognized by friends and/or family (i.e. letter from friends, proof of public relatinoship through social media, etc.) - I am able to provide this.

d) *Additional option*: my sponsor declared me as their spouse already when i applied for PR in Canada. At that time I was a non-accompanying family member. I was examined but did not receive an immigrant visa. - To be honest, I really don't know what this means.

That is just an additional option that may not apply to your spouse. Are you aware of any other PR application where your spouse was a non-accompanying family member (let's say his mother/father applied for PR and your spouse did not come with them etc)?

To all those who had to fill out this section too (not sure if the old application had it also), with a Cuban spouse it's kind of hard. What did you guys put? Any advice?

Thanks so much. Sorry for the super long post.
Best and good luck to all who are waiting for your visas.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!

Reactions: Mrs.Suarez

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Does anyone else have their background check as "not applicable"? Ours has been like that for months but I don't know if it means that they already did the background check or if its like a glitch in the system or something?

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
Does anyone else have their background check as "not applicable"? Ours has been like that for months but I don't know if it means that they already did the background check or if its like a glitch in the system or something?
I didn't realize it shows online when they are doing the back ground check. Mine just says in process.

Manguita

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
I

We haven't heard anything yet. I was told they will call my husband. If no answer than they will email my husband and I. Is this true? I'm always worried he will miss the call when he is working.
Thanks for the reply! Let's wait with patience... are you in Quebec?

Minosis

Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
HAV
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
13-05-2017
Anyone heard something from Havana? A lot of silence here
We got an email from Havana a few days ago saying they just need a new police certificate to finish the case. Thankfully we already applied for a second police check a few weeks ago so we just have to wait for them to call us and go pick it up, and drop it off at the embassy. So at least we know they are moving things along in Havana :)

Mrs.Suarez

Sep 15, 2017
We got an email from Havana a few days ago saying they just need a new police certificate to finish the case. Thankfully we already applied for a second police check a few weeks ago so we just have to wait for them to call us and go pick it up, and drop it off at the embassy. So at least we know they are moving things along in Havana :)
That is Good!!! Your getting closer. How long has Havana had your paperwork for?