Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
I emailed my Laywer and she said that all fees have been payed. She is going to email the proof right now.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Yup they called her yesterday and that is all they asked for? My lawyer said that my wife may be able to receive her landing paper soon.

LiaJoi

Apr 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-March-2013
AOR Received.
16-April-2013
File Transfer...
23-April-2013 AOR From Visa Office 7-May-2013
Passport Req..
13-August-2013
VISA ISSUED...
13-August-2013
LANDED..........
17-August-2013
Brooksee said:
Yup they called her yesterday and that is all they asked for? My lawyer said that my wife may be able to receive her landing paper soon.
$1040 is the total amount you don't need to pay no lading fee if you already pay 1040, she probably gonna receive her visa soon.!! Goodluck I wish I come next lol

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
I have the felling that my wife will receive her visa soon. Faith will keep us all strong. ;D

Sosaga

Nov 24, 2012
Brooksee said:
I have the felling that my wife will receive her visa soon. Faith will keep us all strong. ;D
Hi Brooksee,
Hope everything went well. My wife landed in February, and loves it here. Our application went well, and we did not have to do an interview. She received the same short call, and I had to pay the landing fee before she could get her visa. We had the "option" of paying it when we submitted the application; however, we didn't. I wish I had! Everything went fine, but it would have went faster and saved a few steps. If she had been denied I would have received a refund no problem. My suggestion is for anyone starting an application to pay the landing fee up front.
As a side note after she arrived we applied for a temporary visa for her mom and she arrived in April. That application only took a week start to finish.

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
WOW!!! That is fast for a temp visa. At least that's what I think. So what if I wanted to get temp visa's or visitor visa's for her parents and sister. What would The chances be of them coming here? And what are the costs and steps?

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Hola Sosaga,

Thanks for the reply. How long after did it take for your wife to receive her visa after the payment was received? I am happy to hear that your wife likes it here and you both are together night and day. Congrats to you and your wife. Happy happy!!!! Lol

Sosaga

Nov 24, 2012
Brooksee said:
WOW!!! That is fast for a temp visa. At least that's what I think. So what if I wanted to get temp visa's or visitor visa's for her parents and sister. What would The chances be of them coming here? And what are the costs and steps?
My wife and I were having our second baby so her mom had a really good reason to visit. Our second girl was born on June 8th. We have one baby born in Cuba and one in Canada. My wife definitely prefers having a baby in Canada!

The temporary resident visa for my mother-in-law was cheap compared to what a permanent visa for my wife cost. I can't remember the exact cost, but it was under $300 including two cabs to Havana. We could have done a supervisa for her as a grandparent but it would have cost more and took more time which we didn't have. We will probably do that next time so she can visit at will. We were denied a temporary visa for my wife because they feared she would not return, but my mother-in-law is older, not married to a Canadian, has a home and job in Cuba, and does NOT speak English. My wife is opposite in all regards and they were all reasons against her temporary visa but good reasons for her permanent visa.

Congratulations, I would say you will be seeing your wife really soon, but double check on having already paid the landing fee. I remember being shocked and dismayed when I was told about it. Even with no lawyer helping with the application I spent in excess of $1000 for the Canadian part and probably twice that dealing with . I was enjoying the financial break of just waiting for an answer when BOOM, I needed money for a landing fee, plane tickets, and my house ready to accept new people. It was terribly expensive all over again. Fortunately we are now out of Cuba and our costs of being together has lowered tremendously. Despite all the cost I wouldn't change a thing. I love her and I'm happy to have her here. :)

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
That is so good to hear. ;D ;D

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
FYI Medicals are now available in Havana

Neysa Margarita Perez Rodriguez Calzada de Ladabo No 1117,
Esq E Altahabana,
Boyeros,

(53 7) 644 6010

Localola

sandiva

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
onelove1 said:
apparently on cubaamor, there have been visa approvals from people who submitted applications in march of this year...and they got called to pick up visas this week and next...so i have no idea whats happening with the other applications...
your lawyer emailed the embassy for an update as to what the status is of your file u mean?

hopefully you get some news from your lawyer soon, as i undestand it, havana is working fast
Hi, that news sparks some excitement in me...I applied in March! Does anyone know who they contact after the AOR stage? I am the sponsor and I am also my husband's representative. Will they contact me or him for the next step?

Also, a part of me has considered sending in additional information (emails, photos, phone records) to the visa office in Havana that start from the day I applied in March until now. Have you heard of anyone doing that? Maybe it is unheard of or unnecessary.

My ecas is still the same, application received March 5, medicals received.

all the best to everyone!

P90X

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013 - 22-05-2013 Havana
File Transfer...
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
sandiva said:
Hi, that news sparks some excitement in me...I applied in March! Does anyone know who they contact after the AOR stage? I am the sponsor and I am also my husband's representative. Will they contact me or him for the next step?

Also, a part of me has considered sending in additional information (emails, photos, phone records) to the visa office in Havana that start from the day I applied in March until now. Have you heard of anyone doing that? Maybe it is unheard of or unnecessary.

My ecas is still the same, application received March 5, medicals received.

all the best to everyone!
I think they'll contact you if they need more informations. From what we can read on their system ( Case Specific Enquiry):

Case Specific Enquiry

You may use this form if:

You have submitted an application at a visa office abroad.

The information you seek is not available on E-cas.

Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times. Information on processing times.

You wish to report important changes regarding your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in employment, acquisition of a new educational credential, results of an approved language test.

I'm not sure if sending new infos when not required will help or not. I imagine that if they are near approval and they get new infos, they'll surely have to review everything that is new and this could take more time ? Only an idea, but on my part I would wait for them to tell you what they need, if they need more. My point of view only...

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
When they request for the passport do they tell you what day to go back to get the visa? My rep said that they may call her in the morning to bring her passport and she would receive the visa in the afternoon but I don't know.

sandiva

May 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-10-2013
P90X said:
I think they'll contact you if they need more informations. From what we can read on their system ( Case Specific Enquiry):

Case Specific Enquiry

You may use this form if:

You have submitted an application at a visa office abroad.

The information you seek is not available on E-cas.

Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times. Information on processing times.

You wish to report important changes regarding your application, such as births, deaths, marriages, divorces, adoptions, changes in address, changes in employment, acquisition of a new educational credential, results of an approved language test.

I'm not sure if sending new infos when not required will help or not. I imagine that if they are near approval and they get new infos, they'll surely have to review everything that is new and this could take more time ? Only an idea, but on my part I would wait for them to tell you what they need, if they need more. My point of view only...
Thanks for your reply and information, much appreciated!