+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Havana, Cuba

A&G

Jan 20, 2019
Hi,
Trinidad & Tobago will be your best option, that is what we did back in 2020, the other option will be Guayana but I heard you might need a visa to go there and Mexico but you will need a visa as well.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
We received the request for my parents to obtain the medical exam, we are from Cuba and according to the list, there isn't a panel of physician in Cuba. Is there anybody here from Cuba that could be able to tell me what other country my father could travel to obtain the medical exam? Thank you, any advice would help.
there is a facebook group called Russia medicals - Cuba. Everyone seems to be going there now seeing as Guyana now requires visas. You could also look into Barbados which does not require visa to enter but does have Covid-19 regulations. I should add that I don't know if any flights are currently going to Barbados from Cuba, hence the reason why most people are going to Russia now

Last edited:

YumaCanada

Oct 22, 2021
I have a couple of comments to some posts that have been made, sorry I haven't copied down who made them:

PRE no longer is necessary. Cubans do not need an exit visa to leave Cuba. The requirement is that they must return once every two years. If they are going to be out of Cuba more than two years then they can apply for the PRE and this must be done in a Cuban Embassy/Consulate outside of the Country ie in Canada etc., or they apply to have their passports habilitated.

Regarding the comment about the legalization (ie MINREX stamp) on Cuban documents ie police, birth, marriage certificates etc., the MINREX stamp is a complete cuban process and its a complete money grab. As of April 2014 Cuba changed the cost and process for obtaining these documenets and now its difficult to get them without payign the extra in CUC to have this stamp on it. Its not impossible thought. In theory, the Canadian Embassy has never required a MINREX stamp etc. Cuba will tell you that it is required for that document to be used outside of the COuntry. Canada doensn't need it and in most instances if you bringa document to Canada to use under other purposes most people have no idea what the stamp is. However, the one thing to remember is that the Canadian Embassy is manned by local engaged staff and often what happens, especially on files where people are not represented ie by a lawyer/immigration consultant is that they will tell the individiucal that it is required. You may or may not get lucky and not be asked to get it.
Hi, I know this is an old post, but maybe your are monitoring replies to it,,,,would you have any recent updates as to the need for the MINREX stamp requirement (does Canada require it?) Thanks much....