File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Heckler said:
I had trouble with a lot of the questions in that was as they seem to be aimed at all the meetings being OUTSIDE of Canada, were as all my wife & I's meetings had been within Canada.
I had trouble with these questions too. The problem for my husband and I is that we have NO real proof of travel for visits. We live in border cities (me near Buffalo, NY and him first near Hamilton, Ontario then Toronto. Never more than 2 hours apart), so we have always driven back and forth to visit. Never have either of us gotten any sort of stamp on our passports or anything like that, and clearly no need for tickets, etc. It felt strange to have to explain all that... My whole life, growing up in a border city, it's always seemed natural to be able to cross the border even for day trips and whatnot (I can, literally, see Canada from the end of my street!)... But I guess with the number of applications they receive from all corners of the world, they kind of have to make the questions as general as possible.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
You don seem to be providing a lot of details about the place..so let me tell you something which most ppl in Asia go through where arranged marriage is common and is close to 75% of applications for the spousal immigration.

Did you sponsor travel to visit you - This question is the most important question we answer to show the IO that we did go back to the home country, meet the applicant, spend time, develop a relationship, get engaged then come back to canda in a few cases...again go back and get married...and we have to submit proofs of entry,exit stamps and flight tickets for the visit.

This is why this question is very important and yes we are all NORMAL COUPLES who had to travel to meet our life partner.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
amaranth said:
I had trouble with these questions too. The problem for my husband and I is that we have NO real proof of travel for visits. We live in border cities (me near Buffalo, NY and him first near Hamilton, Ontario then Toronto. Never more than 2 hours apart), so we have always driven back and forth to visit. Never have either of us gotten any sort of stamp on our passports or anything like that, and clearly no need for tickets, etc. It felt strange to have to explain all that... My whole life, growing up in a border city, it's always seemed natural to be able to cross the border even for day trips and whatnot (I can, literally, see Canada from the end of my street!)... But I guess with the number of applications they receive from all corners of the world, they kind of have to make the questions as general as possible.
True..but it is still a visit right? You can explain the dates and say US citizens do not get a stamp when they cross the border, but they can always cross check to make sure the visit did happen.

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
fprince said:
True..but it is still a visit right? You can explain the dates and say US citizens do not get a stamp when they cross the border, but they can always cross check to make sure the visit did happen.
Definitely still a visit. I checked "yes" and explained it all. I was just a little worried since we had NO physical proof of these visits.

I'm not sure if they do cross check, but if they do, cross checking 7 years of visits will keep them busy! ;)

Darque

Star Member
Mar 31, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-May-2011
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2011
File Transfer...
13-Jun-2011 CSQ Approved: 11-Jul-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
We answered 'no' to that question and used the box to explain we lived together for our entire relationship.

After our initial 3 week meeting in Canada, I moved to the UK in 2000 to live with him & work. We have been living together in the UK since our relationship began so we haven't technically 'visited' each other which is what the question seemed to imply.

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
No fprince, your guess is wrong. I was using the word "normal" as in "common", not in the sense of "normal-abnormal". That was probably also not correct, since in some cultures arranged relationships are "normal" (meaning "nothing unusual"). and as you say, this question "has your sponsor visited you" refers to couples who don´t live in the same city and have to travel in order to see each other. That´s why I will answer that question with "no".

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
waikiki said:
No fprince, your guess is wrong. I was using the word "normal" as in "common", not in the sense of "normal-abnormal". That was probably also not correct, since in some cultures arranged relationships are "normal" (meaning "nothing unusual"). and as you say, this question "has your sponsor visited you" refers to couples who don´t live in the same city and have to travel in order to see each other. That´s why I will answer that question with "no".
I am with you, how exactly will you file for outland when the sponsor has not VISITED the applicant? Is my question from the begining.
You say its outland and how does this scenario help you in any way?
I am confused..................
Did you visit him? it would be better if you can give details on where you and your sponsor lived and where you will be filing from...
Just trying to help, that is it..

valy79

Star Member
Aug 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2010
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
File Transfer...
10-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-04-2011
LANDED..........
14-07-2011
fprince said:
I am with you, how exactly will you file for outland when the sponsor has not VISITED the applicant? Is my question from the begining.
You say its outland and how does this scenario help you in any way?
I am confused..................
Did you visit him? it would be better if you can give details on where you and your sponsor lived and where you will be filing from...
Just trying to help, that is it..
"Outland" does not necessarily mean that one partner lives abroad. I've been living with my partner IN Canada since more than 2 years, but we applied outland because it's faster (you have the choice).
And since we have always lived in the same city (and then later in the same apartment), we obviously didn't "visit" each other/traveled anywhere to see each other.
It all depends on your situation....

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
Thanks i was looking for this clarity..........now it makes sence..

waikiki

Jan 22, 2011
oh, now I understand why you have been confused, yes, "outland" meaning one of the partners is Canadian but both are living together in another country and applying through Canadian embassy abroad.