+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has this person ever used any other name? (required)

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
Hi,

My friend has a problem.

In his official name there is a family name in full form, it is so in his Passport, IELTS, and ECA. However the middle name (family name) is contracted in all other certificates, including educational and work experience certificates.

What should I recommend to him regarding "Has this person ever used any other name? (required)." Will saying yes to the question and the next step ask for LoE to detail both are one and the same. Will not mentioning this raise red flags with the will the immigration application reviewer or will they consider this as an acceptable way of doing things. Kindly help and provide guidance on what I should recommend.

Regards.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

My friend has a problem.

In his official name there is a family name in full form, it is so in his Passport, IELTS, and ECA. However the middle name (family name) is contracted in all other certificates, including educational and work experience certificates.

What should I recommend to him regarding "Has this person ever used any other name? (required)." Will saying yes to the question and the next step ask for LoE to detail both are one and the same. Will not mentioning this raise red flags with the will the immigration application reviewer or will they consider this as an acceptable way of doing things. Kindly help and provide guidance on what I should recommend.

Regards.
Yes you can mention all his names as in official documents and get an Affidavit for one and same person.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
There was one guy who wanted to put 'balu' as other names in his application because his friends called him that.