+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has IRCC common law sponsorship inland forms been updated?

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello all, my spouse and I are submitting our application this week and I was curious about the versions of the forms. I know that IRCC updates application packages regularly, we filled out all forms and signed them but this was a couple months ago. Does anyone know how to check if the forms were updated? I’m aware they will send back the application if the incorrect version of forms are submitted. Please help as we want to submit this ASAP.

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Hello all, my spouse and I are submitting our application this week and I was curious about the versions of the forms. I know that IRCC updates application packages regularly, we filled out all forms and signed them but this was a couple months ago. Does anyone know how to check if the forms were updated? I’m aware they will send back the application if the incorrect version of forms are submitted. Please help as we want to submit this ASAP.
You can find latest forms from following link and compare with your forms.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

You can Open PDF and you will find version date on each page of particular form at Bottom left corner. This way you can compare.

I have sent my application yesterday. There was a change in IMM 0008 - GENERIC APPLICATION FORM Version is MARCH 2020.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
You can find latest forms from following link and compare with your forms.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

You can Open PDF and you will find version date on each page of particular form at Bottom left corner. This way you can compare.

I have sent my application yesterday. There was a change in IMM 0008 - GENERIC APPLICATION FORM Version is MARCH 2020.
Did you make the same mistake of filling out the forms in advance and then realizing the version of the form had changed? Also do I have to fill out the whole application again or just the generic application form?

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
I have just checked and only the IMM0008e has been updated in 2020.
I started filling the forms in December 2019 so no form other than the one mentioned has been updated after that date.

Bbarhamc

Jun 5, 2020
I sent the one with the update in Jan 2020 without realizing there was an update in March ! I went through both versions and I can’t see the difference. Do you think they will return the application? :(

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
I sent the one with the update in Jan 2020 without realizing there was an update in March ! I went through both versions and I can’t see the difference. Do you think they will return the application? :(
Yeah I sent it in March and didn’t know there was an update until now

Bbarhamc

Jun 5, 2020
Yeah I sent it in March and didn’t know there was an update until now
I don’t see a difference in the forms .. I am hoping they will let it pass .. let me know if yours get returned please ! I really don’t think so just for that if there were no significant changes in the form (from what I have been reading here )

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Did you make the same mistake of filling out the forms in advance and then realizing the version of the form had changed? Also do I have to fill out the whole application again or just the generic application form?
Yes I have started filling out forms in February but I wanted to make sure that there is no change in Forms that's why I compared with forms and realized that there is a change.

I have changed only IMM 008 because if there is no change in other forms then there is no need to change it but make sure you have latest forms .

I can givr you dates for each form if you need

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
I have compared both Forms Jan 2020 and MARCH 2020 but I can't find any difference may be there was a technical change because some people had problem in validating form.

I hope they will consider your form Jan 2020.

Good luck

Bbarhamc

Jun 5, 2020
I have compared both Forms Jan 2020 and MARCH 2020 but I can't find any difference may be there was a technical change because some people had problem in validating form.

I hope they will consider your form Jan 2020.

Good luck
I hope that’s the case because I can’t find the difference either ! I had no problem validating it . Hope that’s the case and they will accept it

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I don’t see a difference in the forms .. I am hoping they will let it pass .. let me know if yours get returned please ! I really don’t think so just for that if there were no significant changes in the form (from what I have been reading here )
I read they have or will Change the fees for sponsorship. However the website only shows the old fees. Don’t get it.

abdulzeedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
IMM0008 has some scannable codes generated based on the data provided on the forms. You could risk that they have updated the code behind there, and your old generated scannable bar codes might not be valid anymore.

Bbarhamc

Jun 5, 2020
IMM0008 has some scannable codes generated based on the data provided on the forms. You could risk that they have updated the code behind there, and your old generated scannable bar codes might not be valid anymore.
Not much I can do at this point but to hope it will be ok ... it was already received