+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has **** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
Hi guys, My CEC File got rejected for being incomplete as my spouse ECA was not included, i'm applying again and stuck on this question. Should i say yes or no ?

Has **** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)

Frank659

Nov 28, 2020
You can to response yes because of your initial application being rejected and provided the reason because that will be a follow up question.

My first application was rejected due to missing document and I ask yes to your referred question.

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
You can to response yes because of your initial application being rejected and provided the reason because that will be a follow up question.

My first application was rejected due to missing document and I ask yes to your referred question.
Thanks for replying, should i say yes for this question as well ?

Has ****ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?: (required)

chill_surfer

Jul 14, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Med's Done....
24-09-2019
Hi guys, My CEC File got rejected for being incomplete as my spouse ECA was not included, i'm applying again and stuck on this question. Should i say yes or no ?

Has **** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country? (required)
Was your initial application rejected or cancelled as incomplete? Most likely it’s the latter. I’m not an immigration lawyer, but something tells me application cancellation is not the same as application refusal.

I had a similar situation. My first application got cancelled due to an issue with police certificate. I decided not to mention that in the new application since I never got a refusal due to misrepresentation, security concerns, or something like that.

It’s worth mentioning that IRCC will be aware of your previous application. I saw that in my GCMS notes.

If you’d like to play it safe, you could probably mention that your previous application got canceled as incomplete along with the application number. I don’t think it matters either way.

Reactions: upon

joeychuramoi

Star Member
May 16, 2015

Whats your AOR?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

That wouldn't be a rejection it seems it simply wasn't even reviewed for being imcomplete.

Camilam

Apr 30, 2021

Hello !! May I ask you what did you answer ? Yes or no? Did it work!? Thank you in advance :)

arshah

Jun 4, 2021

Hi,

I have not done ECA for spouse and also I am not claiming points for that. What my understanding is - ECA for spouse is not required if you are not claiming points for that.

Can you please confirm whether you were claiming points for spouse education or not?

This will really help me as I am about to submit PR application in 1-2 weeks.

Thanks.

Gurpreet08

Jan 9, 2024
Hi,

I have one refusal of a visitor visa for the UK. So what should I answer to the following question?

Has ******* been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

Has ******* ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Is it yes for both?

Gurpreet08

Jan 9, 2024
I have a question what should the field of study for a master's in Mechanical engineering?

By stream, it looks like applied science but on my study permit was other. So what should I select now in the express profile?

Applied Science or Other?

Karanhanda

Apr 11, 2024
Hi guys,

i need to know if i need to say yes to this question if your pr file was returned due to not providing english version of birth certificate.
Please reply me as soon as possible..