+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone with French accreditation from McGill or such gotten called in for a PEQ interview?

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I have been hearing about MIDI calling in PEQ applicants for interviews but from my understanding it's mostly restricted to applications who got their French certification from "sham" vocational schools and such.

I graduated from McGill this summer and reenrolled as a special student to complete the French course that qualifies as certification for the PEQ. I am now getting slightly concerned that I'm going to get called in for an interview which may impede the whole process.

Anyone have any stories about applicants who completed their French accreditation from a top-tier university (McGill, Concordia, UdeM, etc.) and still had to come in for an interview? Details and insights would be much appreciated.

Varun.nurav13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Yes they are calling everyone and don't call those college sham its not all who go their didn't learn french its just cause of some who cheated and pass. Its technically depend of ur country of origin to doesn't matter where you did french from. Unless ur TCF or Tefaq there are always chance of interview.

Reactions: boblast

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Yes they are calling everyone and don't call those college sham its not all who go their didn't learn french its just cause of some who cheated and pass. Its technically depend of ur country of origin to doesn't matter where you did french from. Unless ur TCF or Tefaq there are always chance of interview.
So just to confirm, you personally know someone from McGill or another top-tier university that got called in for an interview because of their country of origin? What country of origin are they discriminatory against?

Varun.nurav13

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
well not everybody is asked now a days they just pick like a random check I have a friend from Concordia call for interview he passed and a girl from Mcgill she passed to and 1 friend from Mac he got 5 its true they are little discriminant against college.
check this site
quebecpeq.com its in chinest but u can use translator

Last edited:
Reactions: boblast

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
well not everybody is asked now a days they just pick like a random check I have a friend from Concordia call for interview he passed and a girl from Mcgill she passed to and 1 friend from Mac he got 5 its true they are little discriminant against college.
check this site
quebecpeq.com its in chinest but u can use translator
Thanks for the info. Could you do me a favour and ask your friend from McGill which exact French course she did there? It would be a huge help :)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I have been hearing about MIDI calling in PEQ applicants for interviews but from my understanding it's mostly restricted to applications who got their French certification from "sham" vocational schools and such.

I graduated from McGill this summer and reenrolled as a special student to complete the French course that qualifies as certification for the PEQ. I am now getting slightly concerned that I'm going to get called in for an interview which may impede the whole process.

Anyone have any stories about applicants who completed their French accreditation from a top-tier university (McGill, Concordia, UdeM, etc.) and still had to come in for an interview? Details and insights would be much appreciated.
I am doing from UdeM. Some friends from Concordia and McGill also. Have asked all of them. None called for interview so far. Thing is that in these Uni's they can fail you if you are not upto the mark. I had 2 chinese classmates who are repeating their previous module. Also it's true that vocational colleges and their affiliates have been passing students irrespective of their actual langauge abilities. With that said maybe they will call some students from Uni also just to prove that they are not discriminatory.

Always better to have your TCFQ or TEFAQ exam with B2 and don't go to these affilliates or shady colleges who gives you guarantee to pass the exam at a cost.

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I am doing from UdeM. Some friends from Concordia and McGill also. Have asked all of them. None called for interview so far. Thing is that in these Uni's they can fail you if you are not upto the mark. I had 2 chinese classmates who are repeating their previous module. Also it's true that vocational colleges and their affiliates have been passing students irrespective of their actual langauge abilities. With that said maybe they will call some students from Uni also just to prove that they are not discriminatory.

Always better to have your TCFQ or TEFAQ exam with B2 and don't go to these affilliates or shady colleges who gives you guarantee to pass the exam at a cost.
When do you expect to be done with your course and plan on applying for the PEQ? Are you going to take either the TCFQ or TEFAQ on top of the UdeM course? I may end up doing the same thing as you.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
When do you expect to be done with your course and plan on applying for the PEQ? Are you going to take either the TCFQ or TEFAQ on top of the UdeM course? I may end up doing the same thing as you.
End of 2018. Yes I intend to sit for TEFAQ as don't want to take any chance. Few rotten apples have spoiled the spirit of B2 here. More than the students themselves I blame these dodgy colleges

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hey- we are applying PEQ and my husband did the French courses at Concordia. We are still waiting for the CSQ. I'll let you know if we are called for an interview, or maybe just him, since only he had to take the French course.

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Well, we just got a message and yes, my husband will have to go to an interview on January 10, 2018 to prove his French knowledge. This is so disappointing after spending so much time and money and effort at those French classes. Not to mention nerve-wracking.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Well, we just got a message and yes, my husband will have to go to an interview on January 10, 2018 to prove his French knowledge. This is so disappointing after spending so much time and money and effort at those French classes. Not to mention nerve-wracking.
Even though lot of people were rejected in the interview;a fair bit have passed also.

Did your husband sit for Tefaq or any other exam. What I am hearing is that number of interviews have come down considerably
and lot of people are sitting for exam and then applying for csq.

If he sits for exam, advise him to sit at a center of repute.

All the best

asdfgh789

Dec 16, 2017
Hi, do you mind sharing if he had a high final grade on concordia niveau 6? i was wondering if that makes any difference...

Raghad

Aug 30, 2018

Hello ,

Can I know what you did eventually ??? THanks a lot