+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone used their T4 instead of Pay stubs for Canadian work experience?

AM198

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There seems to be an error from our accounting department for my pay stub for the first month of work experience. I got 3 pay stubs on the 15th of a month which includes two of the biweekly payment for the preceding month. My letter of employment includes that preceding month and also states my monthly salary for those months. Is it OK for me to provide just the T4 and employment letter for that year? I don't want the person reviewing it to think my payment was only for November, even though two of those statements were for the work I did in October.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honestly don't think you really NEED pay stubs....the exact wording is "Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them"

I'd include what you have, include an LOE explaining why the paystub is missing and don't sweat it. It's all proof of your employment..the more documents you have the better but if something is missing just give the what you have. :)

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AM198 said:
There seems to be an error from our accounting department for my pay stub for the first month of work experience. I got 3 pay stubs on the 15th of a month which includes two of the biweekly payment for the preceding month. My letter of employment includes that preceding month and also states my monthly salary for those months. Is it OK for me to provide just the T4 and employment letter for that year? I don't want the person reviewing it to think my payment was only for November, even though two of those statements were for the work I did in October.
I didn't send paystubs, just letter, T4, NoA. And just for 2014, not for 2013 when I started work there.

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
AM198 said:
I didn't send in any but letters from the 3 different Canadian employers which followed the CIC instructions. I had checked with the head of my HR department and he said I didn't need the T4 pr pay stubs since I had the letters in the requested format. So, if you have the letter you should be fine with anything else you send in to accompany it.