+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone tried walking to the test center to inquire about their application status in person?

cogcn

Apr 13, 2018
The topic says it all. Do you think it's doable?
I have the similar thinking, want to walk to the test center to get the status of my application. I got my DM on 27 Feb 2018, still waiting for my oath invitation. However, I just got a job offer from USA. And my PR card will expired in Jun. Should I walk to the test center and let them know my status? Is that help to get citizenship quickly?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I have the similar thinking, want to walk to the test center to get the status of my application. I got my DM on 27 Feb 2018, still waiting for my oath invitation. However, I just got a job offer from USA. And my PR card will expired in Jun. Should I walk to the test center and let them know my status? Is that help to get citizenship quickly?
You kidding, right?

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
None of what you said would qualify you for urgent processing.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hahaha..there are some jokers on this forum..

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
You kidding, right?
I am guessing not. But that's a very natural response to this query. Which is a rather illustrative query. More re this in response in topic where this query was also posed.

For now, short answer to the query itself: NO.

Edit to add quote/link for other post:

So, in what regard is this query illustrative; what does it illustrate?

It illustrates a lack of objectivity [and] points to an approach tethered to entitlement, as if an individual is entitled to a right prescribed by statute rather than recognizing, and approaching the process recognizing, that the grant of citizenship is a PRIVILEGE, as it has been very emphatically and definitively ruled by Canadian courts to be. Qualifying for citizenship is NOT akin to collecting points which automatically guarantee a specified reward. It is NOT akin to getting course credits toward earning a university degree.

This query illustrates looking at the process, including the rules and policies and qualifying elements, from a subjective, what-this-does-for-me perspective. This does not disqualify anyone. There is NO must-deserve-citizenship qualifying element. There is (currently) NO qualitative becoming-a-Canadian-citizen requirement. But make no mistake . . .

. . . Just because the intent-to-reside requirement has been removed does not eliminate the probable (not just possible but probable) negative influence it will have if IRCC perceives the applicant has an intent to NOT reside in Canada. An intent to not reside in Canada does NOT disqualify the applicant. BUT you can safely bet it is likely to elevate scrutiny and invite questions if not outright skepticism. Not good.

(follow link for full post)

Last edited:

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
You can try that and find out. Tell 'em you need to get citizenship ASAP so you can leave for the US. See what their reaction will be. :p

Reactions: sns204 and jsm0085

DRRD

Feb 8, 2018
The topic says it all. Do you think it's doable?
One of my friends lives about a 10 minutes walk from his local office (testing center). He was asked for extra documentation and thought about dropping them off, because the mail service would obviously take more than his 10 min walk no mater how fast the courier service is. He got the docs in order, prepared the envelope, got his coat on and almost open the door to leave but then he decided to call IRCC first and explained that he was going to simply drop off the envelope just like a mailman would do it. They said that this is a big no no. IRCC never sees clients in person unless you have an appointment.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: keesio

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
You can try that and find out. Tell 'em you need to get citizenship ASAP so you can leave for the US. See what their reaction will be. :p
Their reaction will probably be an RQ!

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
What I have heard that they do not let anybody in unless having an appointment or test.

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
One of my friends lives about a 10 minutes walk from his local office (testing center). He was asked for extra documentation and thought about dropping them off, because the mail service would obviously take more than his 10 min walk no mater how fast the courier service is. He got the docs in order, prepared the envelope, got his coat on and almost open the door to leave but then he decided to call IRCC first and explained that he was going to simply drop off the envelope just like a mailman would do it. They said that this is a big no no. IRCC never sees clients in person unless you have an appointment.

Just my two cents.
Sure there is a delivery address for courier delivery - then what is the difference between me dropping off an envelope or the Fedex guy doing so?
If it's about dropping off documents, I can't see why this would not be possible.
As far as SEEING someone to ask questions, that's a different kettle of fish. If they allowed that, they would be invaded very quickly.