+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone returned to Canada without an original paper after PGWP has been approved?

hazzi

Apr 9, 2019
Hi, guys! I am here to find your help.
I applied PGWP on January 22nd and I am waiting for approval in my homeland(outside of Canada so far).

First of all, I checked CIC website to find any situations like my situation and I could not get the correct answer. Also, I heard that people who applied on January 16th and 17th were pretty much approved and most of the papers were being reviewed.

Anyway, I would like to ask it is possible to return(or enter) to Canada after PGWP is approved but without the original paper one.

Of course, I know the safest way to return to Canada is to return after receiving the original paper.

But my plane ticket has been changed to the first weekend in May(Actually It was mid-April).
And if I want to change my flight schedule after the first week of May, I have to pay at least $400.
Furthermore, I applied PGWP with my Canadian address. So, maybe it will take about three weeks to finally receive the original paper to my homeland from Canada after PGWP approval.

I asked my friends and checked community websites, I got the answer that I would be able to enter to Canada if I print out my approval e-mail, and show it to an immigration officer and explain the situation. But also, I am afraid that I have not found a rejected case as opposed to these answers.

Do you think this is going to be a problem or is it possible? I hope I can get any answers as soon as possible. Thanks for reading and have a nice day!