+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone received their Citizenship certificate BEFORE their file is closed?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Today, Edmonton office is claiming that my certificate was mailed Feb 3, yet my file is still "In Progress" on Status Tracker and "Decision Made" on eCAS.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Today, Edmonton office is claiming that my certificate was mailed Feb 3, yet my file is still "In Progress" on Status Tracker and "Decision Made" on eCAS.

Has this happened to anyone else?
I am anxious about receiving the certificate. What if I missed the delivery? What would happen? Would it be placed in the mail box? What if it was folded because the mail box is small, would it be valid to apply for the passport? I wish they provide tracking numbers to track out certificates to arrange our schedule to be home the day it's delivered. Have you asked for a tracking number?

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
I am anxious about receiving the certificate. What if I missed the delivery? What would happen? Would it be placed in the mail box? What if it was folded because the mail box is small, would it be valid to apply for the passport? I wish they provide tracking numbers to track out certificates to arrange our schedule to be home the day it's delivered. Have you asked for a tracking number?
They go through regular mail without any form of tracking. And yes, they'll sometimes fold or roll it up to put it into the mailbox. It will still be valid, beyond getting your first passport the certificate is mostly ceremonial. Once Passport Canada verifies the certificate number, it should be ok.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They go through regular mail without any form of tracking. And yes, they'll sometimes fold or roll it up to put it into the mailbox. It will still be valid, beyond getting your first passport the certificate is mostly ceremonial. Once Passport Canada verifies the certificate number and foil seal, it should be ok.
OK, that's a relief knowing the folding doesn't invalidate the certificate. In that case I can relax and will pick it up from the mail box. Someone was anxious about the folding but didn't report back when they applied for the passport and if passport Canada said anything to them about the folding. So, I wasn't sure. Thanks

Reactions: Omegabyte

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
OK, that's a relief knowing the folding doesn't invalidate the certificate. In that case I can relax and will pick it up from the mail box. Someone was anxious about the folding but didn't report back when they applied for the passport and if passport Canada said anything to them about the folding. So, I wasn't sure. Thanks
I got my certificate today - surprise, surprise! :)

My mail person was kind enough to put it in a parcel box. It was flat and in good shape.

Good luck!

Reactions: CaBeaver and Jakev

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016

My mail person was kind enough to put it in a parcel box. It was flat and in good shape.

Good luck!
Hi,
What was the timeline between your ceremony and receipt of certificate?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Good luck!
Congratulations. Parcel box inside the mail box? I don't know what you mean by parcel box :( Do you have a parcel locker in your building? I know post Canada are installing those

Last edited: