+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone received PR card recently?

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Hello everyone,

I landed in Canada on March 16, 2020 and it has been 22 days and I haven't received my PR card yet. Just wondering if anyone also landed in March and received PR card? How long does it take your PR card to arrive? Thank you!

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just have to be patient given the current emergency it will take as long as it takes given staffing levels are down nobody can of course predict anything. Even if someone says they received their card it really means nothing which is why IRCC will not bother updating any average processing times.

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Just have to be patient given the current emergency it will take as long as it takes given staffing levels are down nobody can of course predict anything. Even if someone says they received their card it really means nothing which is why IRCC will not bother updating any average processing times.
Understood. Just trying to get some info.

luckcanada2020

Apr 14, 2020
Filled out directly. Actually my wife did it. I was not with her on that day.
Thanks for your reply!

Did you fill out the address notification form when you landed or did you fax/online submit/call to update your Canadian address after the landing date?
My wife filled it directly. You can link your PR card status with your CIC account.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/link-my-pr-card-application-to-your-cic-account.523576/
I wonder if your PR card status is still pending?

asdfgty

Star Member
Sep 28, 2019
Filled out directly. Actually my wife did it. I was not with her on that day.

My wife filled it directly. You can link your PR card status with your CIC account.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/link-my-pr-card-application-to-your-cic-account.523576/
I wonder if your PR card status is still pending?
Thanks for the info. So "link PR card status with CIC account", you mean log into GCKey and link the PR card processing? Yes I did that. My status is "submitted".

Yes my PR card is still processing. I faxed and send my address via web form so my wait should be even longer.

luckcanada2020

Apr 14, 2020
Thanks for the info. So "link PR card status with CIC account", you mean log into GCKey and link the PR card processing? Yes I did that. My status is "submitted".

Yes my PR card is still processing. I faxed and send my address via web form so my wait should be even longer.
Ok. Actually it was my wife who landed. She said she provided the address to an officer. I think the address is supposed to be provided when landing. Right?

zeeS1

Apr 1, 2016
In land - landing on March 8, 2020 still waiting for PR Card. Called the IRCC today and they said that the PR card is still not finalized / procedure for PR card not yet started. No ETA, we can only wait. They also have my address on file so that is not the issue here.