+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone ordered Gcms notes recently?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Question:
I ordered my GCMS nots and certain items say the Due Date is Nov 2021, precisely because they started processing my application Nov 2020.
Language, prohibitions, residence and knowledge all say "Not started" with a due date valid till Nov 2021. BG completed in Feb 2021 though.
Does this mean they will try and process my application within Nov 2021? I haven't even received a test invite and I applied in May 2020.
Not necessarily. Don't read too much into those due dates. By default, those due dates are set 10 months from the "In Process" date on ECAS. Those dates can be extended if that particular component/activity is not completed by that time.

However, I hope you see some updates on your application soon!

Wish you all the very best!

Reactions: immigrate2017

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
Not necessarily. Don't read too much into those due dates. By default, those due dates are set 10 months from the "In Process" date on ECAS. Those dates can be extended if that particular component/activity is not completed by that time.

However, I hope you see some updates on your application soon!

Wish you all the very best!
Thank you!
On that note, looking at your citizenship application progress, I'm wondering how yours was so fast! Did you travel to other countries between when you became a PR and applied for citizenship, or were you within Canada only with a trip or two to your home country? Trying to understand why some applicants would go faster than other applicants. I have some travel history after I became a PR - USA, Europe (a couple countries) and a couple countries in Asia.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you!
On that note, looking at your citizenship application progress, I'm wondering how yours was so fast! Did you travel to other countries between when you became a PR and applied for citizenship, or were you within Canada only with a trip or two to your home country? Trying to understand why some applicants would go faster than other applicants. I have some travel history after I became a PR - USA, Europe (a couple countries) and a couple countries in Asia.
I had 3 trips outside Canada after becoming a PR and before submitting the citizenship application. Mine was fast because towards the end of July, I applied for Urgent processing for a federal job. My UP request was approved and I was scheduled for oath shortly after.

immigrate2017

Star Member
Jan 19, 2017
I had 3 trips outside Canada after becoming a PR and before submitting the citizenship application. Mine was fast because towards the end of July, I applied for Urgent processing for a federal job. My UP request was approved and I was scheduled for oath shortly after.
I see. That explains it. Thanks!

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
VERY INFORMATIVE THREAD THANK YOU

cooldoc80

Nov 1, 2010
NOC Code......
Passport Req..
No PPR yet , just Passport Biopage request
LANDED..........
I'm Dreaming of July/2015
Quick question fellow member

In the ATIP request it says

Given Name(s) (First Name)

should I write my first name only !!! I have 2 middle names ? it says given names with a Plural S then says first name , its really confusing!!!!!!!!

Should I write only my first name or my full given name including the middle names?

Helenou

Jan 17, 2021
Does anyone know how long will we get ATIP result since the request was sent? I sent the request on Sep.3rd, but haven't received reply yet. Shall I send emails to ATIP CIC to check?

Tackica

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Does anyone know how long will we get ATIP result since the request was sent? I sent the request on Sep.3rd, but haven't received reply yet. Shall I send emails to ATIP CIC to check?
I hear you. I sent my request for GCMS August 16. Still no update. I will wait for 60 days to pass from the date of request and then I will contact them to see what is going on.

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
In the ATIP request it says

Given Name(s) (First Name)

should I write my first name only !!! I have 2 middle names ? it says given names with a Plural S then says first name , its really confusing!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure about ATIP specifically but in general immigration context, given names always include everything except the surname (so, First Name + all middle names). This is usually the case in passport/travel records etc.

As long as you provide other identifiers like Date of Birth, Client ID etc this shouldn't be an issue.

You should also check your PR card where only the surname is written in the first line and the given names are all written in the second.

SanteS

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Burnaby
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sidney + CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-03-2021
I hear you. I sent my request for GCMS August 16. Still no update. I will wait for 60 days to pass from the date of request and then I will contact them to see what is going on.
I applied for GCMS notes on 23 Aug. and I am still waiting.