Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
You have a lonnnnnng way to go. Criminality is the very first step. Expect to hear something towards the end of this year or even early next year. (This is with great optimism) The current backlog is around 2 years. According to IRCC they are currently finalizing files from Mid-April 2019.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I have seen few people receiving test invites, who applied in Jun, July 2020 (Non Urgent) from different locations. I am optimistic that I 'll get test invite some where in June 2021. Only thing which can hold it back, is the back log at Mississauga office which is more than other offices.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I have seen few people receiving test invites, who applied in Jun, July 2020 (Non Urgent) from different locations. I am optimistic that I 'll get test invite some where in June 2021. Only thing which can hold it back, is the back log at Mississauga office which is more than other offices.
Security clearance can also take some time. Once both are completed you will hear something depending on the backlog. Currently as it seems backlog at Scarborough and Mississauga are equally severe. Rest assured you will hear something at the right time.

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Security clearance can also take some time. Once both are completed you will hear something depending on the backlog. Currently as it seems backlog at Scarborough and Mississauga are equally severe. Rest assured you will hear something at the right time.
Hi,

My security clearance is done as per call agent. And you are right, back log is severe at both offices. Hope we shall be out of this wait game soon.
Fingers Crossed.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is great! Once criminality is cleared it’ll move to the test ready shelf. Good luck!
I wrote the test before the fingerprint request. The GCMS notes say I passed the test and the criminality is in progress. Everything else is not started. I not sure what the workflow is...

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
I wrote the test before the fingerprint request. The GCMS notes say I passed the test and the criminality is in progress. Everything else is not started. I not sure what the workflow is...
Hi,
Hope you will get decision made once the criminality is cleared.

Best of luck..

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Just got my GCMS notes, 6 weeks after applying. I'm an August 2020 applicant, progress isn't much but at least my file is not stuck in Sydney.
  1. Mentions that Criminality is in progress and due 14-Feb-2021, but this is status as of 1-Feb-2021. Anybody of the opinion this may already be complete by now? I did not receive FP request, likely because my name is not too common.
  2. After Criminality, what else needs to happen BEFORE my file gets in the queue for the test?
  3. Does anybody know the meaning of "Registry" written against my Location? I've seen others on this thread mention "Test Pending Clearance" written against Location.

ELIGIBILITY (all of these have Due Date: 26-Nov-2021, and are assigned to RC-8090)
Knowledge: Not Started
Residence: Not Started
Language: Not Started
Prohibition: Not Started

CLEARANCES
Security: Blank
Criminality: In Progress

OTHER INFO
Oath: Not Started
Paper File Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations
Assigned to: RC-8090
Secondary Office 1: GTA-CEN IRCC
Secondary Office 2: CPC Sydney

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Just got my GCMS notes, 6 weeks after applying. I'm an August 2020 applicant, progress isn't much but at least my file is not stuck in Sydney.
  1. Mentions that Criminality is in progress and due 14-Feb-2021, but this is status as of 1-Feb-2021. Anybody of the opinion this may already be complete by now? I did not receive FP request, likely because my name is not too common.
  2. After Criminality, what else needs to happen BEFORE my file gets in the queue for the test?
  3. Does anybody know the meaning of "Registry" written against my Location? I've seen others on this thread mention "Test Pending Clearance" written against Location.

ELIGIBILITY (all of these have Due Date: 26-Nov-2021, and are assigned to RC-8090)
Knowledge: Not Started

CLEARANCES
Security: Blank
Criminality: In Progress

OTHER INFO
Paper File Office: Scarborough Citizenship Operations
Assigned to: RC-8090
Secondary Office 1: GTA-CEN IRCC
Secondary Office 2: CPC Sydney
It’s too early for you to hear anything. Give another few months. Criminality and security count for background checks, those would need to be completed before you hear something.

zeyzey6

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
I just got my GCMS notes today. It's hard to tell what to take from all this. I am a September 2019 applicant, AOR November 27 2019, In process December 30 2019. The due date that I can see on my file is November 21 2020. It looks like I have been test ready since January 2020 but I have heard nothing since then.
Here is an update on my end too. I'm a September 2019 applicant, and my application has been in process since December 2019. I took and passed the test in February 2021 and have not heard anything in the past 2 and a half months. I received my GCMS notes today and the only thing that has changed for me is the knowledge category.
Knowledge: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Every time I have called since taking the test, the call centre agents have told me that the local office is working on the language and residency categories but that they can't give me any more information. I haven't been asked for fingerprints, or have received an interview. I will try to call again tomorrow to ask what is going on but I don't have much hope left.

• Sad
Reactions: EUK

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Do all of your files have been assigned to an officer?
My file is not yet been assigned till now. I am really worried about more delays as other locations are at least moving slowly.

Any way to get it assigned?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Sorry if this is too basic, but what is gcms?
Global Case Management System. My understanding it is the central system where IRCC use to track and record activities on applications.

When you request to access your information about your application, it would be the output of from this system to present you the data.

Reactions: limhockkiong

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Got my gcms notes recently says app status location: registry
Reason tfr clearances even though security and criminality passed but prohibition not started. no idea what more clearances.

If your file is in Registry does it mean that nobody is working on your application ?

Dec 4, 2020
Got my gcms notes recently says app status location: registry
Reason tfr clearances even though security and criminality passed but prohibition not started. no idea what more clearances.

If your file is in Registry does it mean that nobody is working on your application ?
Where exactly is that information appearing on your notes?