+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone from Abu Dhabi received a spouse visa in 2008?

DotBlot

Jun 11, 2008
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone who has applied for spouse immigration in 2008 from Abu Dhabi, received a visa yet?

I know people who applied in 2007 have received in early 2008, but I am asking if there are any couples who have sent in applications in 2008 and successfully received a visa by now.

I am a bit concerned because according to my research people who had applied in 2007, on an average received their visas in just under 4 months. Whats happening in 2008?

himanshu_tokekar

Oct 18, 2008
Hey, my wife has applied for my visa to canada. we have applied for immigration in july 2008. my case is now in abu dhabi & is "IN PROCESS" still waiting for my visa to come. i am waiting for visa to come very eagerly.

ladybugev

Nov 27, 2008
My husband and I have applied in April, I was approved here in canada as his sponsor on May 5th and his application was sent to abu dhabi

He recieved his letter from them saying it was in process as of June 17th and the status remains this on the website.

We just emailed them and they said that an Officer has not yet reviewed our application.
We are so upset
My husband is a resident in Kuwait (Pakistani National) and I'm in Canada and a Canadian National
We were married in Kuwait Nov 2007. We have sent all the proof of me being there all the documentation, pictures, proof of our families knowing and giving their blessings ..everything to prove it is Genuine and continuing as they asked. All our paper work was done, police checks, Medical exam for my husband.. everything they asked for. You'd think this would be an easy one for them to work on

I am very upset that the Abu Dhabi website states it will take 6 months from the time they receive the application from Canada, yet they have not even started it.
This is rediculious

mais87

Dec 30, 2008
Abu Dhabi Office

Anyone applied to Abu Dhabi from here? We thought our app will go to london but it went to abu dhabi apparently they process family applications! What is ur timeline?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ladybugev said:
My husband and I have applied in April, I was approved here in canada as his sponsor on May 5th and his application was sent to abu dhabi

He recieved his letter from them saying it was in process as of June 17th and the status remains this on the website.

We just emailed them and they said that an Officer has not yet reviewed our application.
We are so upset
My husband is a resident in Kuwait (Pakistani National) and I'm in Canada and a Canadian National
We were married in Kuwait Nov 2007. We have sent all the proof of me being there all the documentation, pictures, proof of our families knowing and giving their blessings ..everything to prove it is Genuine and continuing as they asked. All our paper work was done, police checks, Medical exam for my husband.. everything they asked for. You'd think this would be an easy one for them to work on

I am very upset that the Abu Dhabi website states it will take 6 months from the time they receive the application from Canada, yet they have not even started it.
This is rediculious
1. The CIC web site states 7-14 months for 80% of spousal applicants at AD.
2. As your spouse is a Pakistanii national the background checks have to be done in Pakistan by the Islamabad office, so the requests from Abu Dhabi would not be a priority.

PMM

zghansar

Jul 12, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

ladybugev said:

We are so upset

This is rediculious
1. The CIC web site states 7-14 months for 80% of spousal applicants at AD.
2. As your spouse is a Pakistanii national the background checks have to be done in Pakistan by the Islamabad office, so the requests from Abu Dhabi would not be a priority.

PMM
Hi PMM,

What if an Indian national is sponsored through abu Dhabi office, but the person has never stayed more than 6 months in India as the person was born n brought up in Oman, hence there is no police clearance required from india, is this case is likely to be done sooner? Do you think it will still be sent to India?