+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has anyone been asked for fingerprints TWICE

Relat

Jul 3, 2017
I did my fingerprint before my citizenship test . Three weeks after my exam i get an extra line on ecas that they need fingerprint. I called cic and agent told me to ignore it as it was a mistake. Has anyone experience that?

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
I did my fingerprint before my citizenship test . Three weeks after my exam i get an extra line on ecas that they need fingerprint. I called cic and agent told me to ignore it as it was a mistake. Has anyone experience that?
only if you have 4 hands :)

Relat

Jul 3, 2017
LoL.. I do not get how a mistake like this could happen. Problem is they have no deleted the extra line on ecas and I fear that when the officer sees it they think I still need to submit them and for that I have been in IP three months after my exam. I really hope that is not the case.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
do
LoL.. I do not get how a mistake like this could happen. Problem is they have no deleted the extra line on ecas and I fear that when the officer sees it they think I still need to submit them and for that I have been in IP three months after my exam. I really hope that is not the case.
Do you have any record proving you took the fingerprints? I would recommend you keep that in hand just in case.

Relat

Jul 3, 2017
do

Do you have any record proving you took the fingerprints? I would recommend you keep that in hand just in case.
Yes I do..The agent also told me that it shows on the system that I did my fingerprints. The extra ecas line was added by accident. I guess theres no one in the forum that had this experience.. Really wanted to know how it affected their time process

paramdhanoya

Aug 2, 2013
Yes I do..The agent also told me that it shows on the system that I did my fingerprints. The extra ecas line was added by accident. I guess theres no one in the forum that had this experience.. Really wanted to know how it affected their time process
This a long shot but this happened to me as well. @Relat were you able to resolve it?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This a long shot but this happened to me as well. @Relat were you able to resolve it?

Request for second set of fingerprints is more common than you realize. The general understanding is that the clearance you get from fingerprints is valid only for one year. If it has been more than a year since you submitted your fingerprints OR if they realize that they can't complete processing your application/security checks within 1 year from the date you submitted your previous set of fingerprints, you could very well be asked for another set of prints.

This has happened to quite a few applicants on the forum. If you look at some 2019 applicants, you'll see they've received FP request twice.

Do NOT ignore an FP request if you get one (even if this is the second time you are getting it). It is unlikely that a FP request was sent to you by mistake. If you got a second request, you are expected to submit another set of fingerprints. Submit the fingerprints as requested within the timeframe provided.

Sometimes, the call center agents do not know what they are talking about. The officer processing the file might have had a reason for requesting fingerprints from you for the second time. The call center people might not know that/might not have looked into it in detail. This could very well be a mistake but it isn't worth the risk. Unless you have something in writing from IRCC support center (like a response to a webform), I wouldn't recommend ignoring this request.

If you do not want to submit prints and want to confirm with IRCC, get it in writing. That will give you some immunity if IRCC comes back to you asking why you haven't submitted the fingerprints they requested.

Good luck!

PS :

Examples where people got second fingerprint request :

Abhishek901 => December 2019 applicant
AliMo , matlal => July 2019 applicants
BabyBal , gn02090867 => September 2019 applicants
callixtus => October 2019 applicant
Amar_Citizenship => November 2019 applicant
JBK => May 2019 applicant
Syed07283 => April 2019 applicant

All these examples are in the 2019 Citizenship spreadsheet

Last edited: