+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has any had their 1 Year PGD from Virtual University (Pakistan) evaluated by WES?

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
This ambiguity remains, they (assessing bodies) gave conflicting equivalence for the same degrees acquired from the same institutes. Like you have described an engineering degree should be equal to a 4 year one, as HEC's devised curriculum is comparable to international standards.
I am not talking about quality but the quantifiable units remain the same, as for the purpose of ECA that is what's required only, So, there should be some sort of consistency, that would save time, money and some heartache.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
This ambiguity remains, they (assessing bodies) gave conflicting equivalence for the same degrees acquired from the same institutes. Like you have described an engineering degree should be equal to a 4 year one, as HEC's devised curriculum is comparable to international standards.
Mohsin!
Can you tell me when did you get your ECA from WES and IQAS? and when did you graduate?

humzawaseem

Feb 13, 2019
Pakistan
Sorry guys, this might sound like a dumb question but just have to ask to confirm that PGD and Diploma from VU are now same thing right ? They just have changed the name ? As far as I have heard that PGD is obsolete now.

Is there any specific name written on the certificate of diploma they provide?

humzawaseem

Feb 13, 2019
Pakistan
Sorry guys, this might sound like a dumb question but just have to ask to confirm that PGD and Diploma from VU are now same thing right ? They just have changed the name ? As far as I have heard that PGD is obsolete now.

Any comment on this ?

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020

Yup! the same thing, the only difference is in the nomenclature. It offers the same programs and provides the same units (Credit Hours). If you are looking to enroll in the program for immigration. go Ahead

mawaishameed

Oct 11, 2019
Thank you guys for keeping the discussion alive. This thread motivated me last year to register for PGD after 10 years gap and I just received the final result.
I already received a bachelor's equivalency from WES last year and now have to send the PGD.

Can anyone please let me know if a degree is provided for PGD or just a transcript only and how to get that from VU? Also, do I still have to get that one attested from HEC and then post the envelope to WES or has anything changed in this regard post-COVID?

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
Thank you guys for keeping the discussion alive. This thread motivated me last year to register for PGD after 10 years gap and I just received the final result.
I already received a bachelor's equivalency from WES last year and now have to send the PGD.

Can anyone please let me know if a degree is provided for PGD or just a transcript only and how to get that from VU? Also, do I still have to get that one attested from HEC and then post the envelope to WES or has anything changed in this regard post-COVID?
VU will provide you with a degree and the transcript. You've to get them both attested by HEC and send them over to WES for accreditation.
As you might be aware, you will have to upload the scanned copies of the degree/transcript on the HEC portal to request the attestation. Once the request is approved, you will print the challan forms and head over to the TCS center, sending the documents to HEC for attestation.

Mind you; you may have to specifically mention to get the attested documents enclosed in a sealed envelope for WES; otherwise, chances are you will only get the documents attested, and you might have to ask them again for the documents to be enclosed in a sealed envelope.

It happened to me, and they wasted a week or so just like that. Lastly, in the WES portal, simply request for accreditation of an additional qualification instead of submitting a new accreditation request. This will both save you time and money.

I got my PGD accreditation within two weeks after they received the documents.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

A

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
VU will provide you with a degree and the transcript. You've to get them both attested by HEC and send them over to WES for accreditation.
As you might be aware, you will have to upload the scanned copies of the degree/transcript on the HEC portal to request the attestation. Once the request is approved, you will print the challan forms and head over to the TCS center, sending the documents to HEC for attestation.

Mind you; you may have to specifically mention to get the attested documents enclosed in a sealed envelope for WES; otherwise, chances are you will only get the documents attested, and you might have to ask them again for the documents to be enclosed in a sealed envelope.

It happened to me, and they wasted a week or so just like that. Lastly, in the WES portal, simply request for accreditation of an additional qualification instead of submitting a new accreditation request. This will both save you time and money.

I got my PGD accreditation within two weeks after they received the documents.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

A
When did you get your VU diploma accredited from WES and what was your other qualification?
and what was the eventual ECA report you got for your diploma?

seeking answers because I'm going to get my additional undergraduate degree accredited from WES.

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
When did you get your VU diploma accredited from WES, and what was your other qualification?
And what was the eventual ECA report you got for your diploma?

seeking answers because I'm going to get my additional undergraduate degree accredited from WES.
WES accreditated my degree from VU back in February (within 14 days after receiving the docs). The diploma's Canadian equivalency was considered as 3 years diploma.

Apart from the PGD diploma, I had done 4 years Bachelors in IT from COMSATS back in 2007.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
WES accreditated my degree from VU back in February (within 14 days after receiving the docs). The diploma's Canadian equivalency was considered as 3 years diploma.

Apart from the PGD diploma, I had done 4 years Bachelors in IT from COMSATS back in 2007.
Thanks, I have gotten my other degrees ACCA and BSC assessed from WES. I have recently done Undergrad in CS from VU want to get it assessed from WES...
Anyway, that'll be helpful.

Cheers

ayazay

Oct 30, 2019
NOC Code......
Thanks, I have gotten my other degrees ACCA and BSC assessed from WES. I have recently done Undergrad in CS from VU want to get it assessed from WES...
Anyway, that'll be helpful.

Cheers
I assume you're aiming for the 'two degrees or more' category to get extra points? Either way, good luck to you.

Sam_4321

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020

That's good for you, like this thread kept you motivated, share your journey so others can draw benefit from your experience.

As due to covid situation is very fluid in all matters relevant to immigration, keeping in view the above-mentioned situation, all the recent developments, and peoples personal account of events are welcome.

Good luck!

JordanPattinson

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
If you want to claim points for two or more degrees/certificates then you can enroll in PGD from VU, and you will definitely be able to get your desired ECA if you already have a Bachelor's degree. Being an overseas student, I paid USD 1680 (~260,000 PKR) for my one-year PGD, just to claim those marks. For Pakistani students, the fee is much less and is definitely worth it.

I did not send my PGD to WES so I do not have an idea how they assess the diploma from VU, but IQAS gave me the ECA of two or more certificates. IQAS usually assess Pakistani degrees as per HEC, so if your degree is recognized by HEC as a 4 years bachelor's, IQAS assess it as 4 years bachelor's. You can see the IQAS credential template for the Pakistani degrees here.

Let me also share my experience with WES, last year I sent my wife's 4 years engineering degree from MUET and my 4-years bachelor's degree from Sindh university plus a level 5 Australian diploma from and an Australian Institute for assessment. They recognized my wife's 4-years degree as equivalent to Candian's 4-years Bachelors degree. However, for my bachelor's degree, they gave the equivalency of 3-year bachelors and recognized my diploma as "Completion of College-level certificate (One-semester)". Also, on the summary of the ECA report, they just mentioned my 3-year bachelor's degree and did not include a diploma in the summary of the ECA report because they did not consider it as completed.

Please note that IRCC will give you marks for two or more certificates only if the summary of your WES ECA (at the top of the report) says that you have 3/4 years bachelor's degree and 1-year or more PGD/postgraduate/college-level certificate. This is as per my correspondence with IRCC's help center, immigration officer may consider two separate reports from different bodies so contact them to get further clarification on it.

Disclaimer: This is my experience with different assessment bodies, yours could be different based on your circumstances. So please do your own research to see if you will be able to get the desired outcome.
Hello, I just wanted to ask, since VU no longer offers PGD, they changed the name to just "Diploma", will that be equal to "two or more degrees/certificates"? The criteria for admission is the same as PGD, also the courses and duration of the diploma is the same as PGD (1 Year).