+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Has any Chartered Accountant (India) got their CA degree assessed as Masters??

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
As per CIC website, accounts is not a professional degree. Its the evaluation by WES which proves that.
By the way, for your education, you can choose "two or more certificates"
Ok, thanks a lot. I have one more query.
Because of being a Chartered Accountant, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU-India) is providing exemptions of exams in M.Com degree and in case I apply, I will get M.Com degree in one year by appearing once in exams in one sitting. Now, will I get points for masters for such degree? It will be a kind of distance learning degree, so, which agency would be best suitable for getting such degree assessed?
Please advise. Your advice has been of great help. Thanks.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Did you complete your B.Com before starting CA? Bcz I have done B.Com and CA simultaneously and worry that maybe it will cause a problem?
Do not worry. Wait for ECA. There is nothing you can do apart from wait. Patience is the key here. We do not want you to take any wrong step and jeopardize your application.

Reactions: Shubhdeep1994

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Because of being a Chartered Accountant, Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU-India) is providing exemptions of exams in M.Com degree and in case I apply, I will get M.Com degree in one year by appearing once in exams in one sitting. Now, will I get points for masters for such degree? It will be a kind of distance learning degree, so, which agency would be best suitable for getting such degree assessed?
It will be eligible. Distance learning is approved until the university is valid with WES.

Reactions: Shubhdeep1994

PBRTI

Dec 22, 2018
Did you complete your B.Com before starting CA? Bcz I have done B.Com and CA simultaneously and worry that maybe it will cause a problem?
Subhdeep, eager to now the final result. Did your CA+B.COM get assessed as 2 or more certificates?

Also, WES requires, from 1 Dec 2018, for transcripts to be sent directly for credential assessment and will not accept if the candidate mails the sealed signed envelope. I got a set of transcripts back in 2012 and Madras university would not mail directly; they only gave the seal signed envelope to me. Has anyone recently faced this problem? Also, did the CA institute mail the transcripts directly to WES?

Shubhdeep1994

Aug 23, 2017
Subhdeep, eager to now the final result. Did your CA+B.COM get assessed as 2 or more certificates?

Also, WES requires, from 1 Dec 2018, for transcripts to be sent directly for credential assessment and will not accept if the candidate mails the sealed signed envelope. I got a set of transcripts back in 2012 and Madras university would not mail directly; they only gave the seal signed envelope to me. Has anyone recently faced this problem? Also, did the CA institute mail the transcripts directly to WES?
Yes, CA+B.COM gets assessed as 2 or more certificates. ICAI can send directly if requested for same. I can't say anything about Madras university. All the best.

hpham

Feb 7, 2020
Well may be then its not correct bcz you are lot more experienced in this field. I have done B.Com and CA and have applied with WES Just got qurious after reading that WES has assessed masters as bachelors in some cases, so decided to see if there is any CA who got their degree assessed as Masters from some other agency.
BTW does any other agency assess professional qualifications like CA ?
Anyways thanks for advising.
I have the same question. WES does not assess the Institute that issued my Chartered Accountant status (ISCA Singapore). Hence anyone know if any other agency assess professional qualifications like CA?

mitagopal

Jun 19, 2020
Hello all , this is a old chat , I assume there must be a solution till now, my husband is a CA and did his Bacholers
And I am having Bacholers and did Diploma in IFRS from ACCA UK
which organisation i should apply for maximum points. thanks all, waiting for a suggestion

Jun 1, 2020
Hi Shubhdeep. I'm also in the same boat. Did you got Masters equivalency for your M.Com degree of IGNOU? If yes, then from which agency (IQAS/ICES/ICAS/WES)?