+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Happy Landing at Lewiston-Queenton Bridge, Niagara Falls

lagoon19

Apr 25, 2015
To all my fellows who soon-to-be PR,
I have followed lots of posts from this forum and thank for all the information and helps provided. To return, I would like to share my experience at the final stage for landing to be an Canadian.
I went over all the sharings of you guys and figured out that it may be an unwise decision to land at Rainbow Bridge. I am myself had the experience at that bridge when extending the WP on April, it took me more than 4 hours waiting (some people even 7 hours for landing), so I decided to go to Lewiston-Queenton bridge this time instead.

I started at 6:45am on Wed and be at the bridge at 9:03am. There was not too many cars to cross the bridge to USA. At the booth, the USA officer asked me for the purpose, I said for "flagpole". He instructed us to park in front of the red door and horn your car to let them know you were there waiting. (it surprised me to ask me to horn) When we parked, tried to get off to look inside the office. The office said: "wait in the car". Around after 10 minutes, one office came and instruct us to turn back to Canada side. He gave me the white paper and say good luck. At 9:30am, we were at Canada booth, asked for the purpose, then instructed us to come inside the immigration building. I came to one officer and said " Can I do my landing?" He said "For sure, why not?" I handed in my paper and had a seat another side. My friend head to the washroom, then my turn. I have him to grab me some water on the car. He just stepped out, one lady called my name, (after around 10-15 minutes wait) asked for my CoPR, and some standard questions: criminal... then initial then sign the documents, not even asked for any others documents. She also asked me to write down my mailing address to one of the CoPR then have me seat back again. My friend came back, I told him we were almost done, he said that fast. The lady called me again, I was so happy. She noticed that " I know you are excited, how long have you waiting for your paper?" I said " Two years for studying, another two years for working, it was more than 4 years." She cheered: "Congratulation, you are a Canadian now, you deserved it." I felt tear on my eyes. Thanks her and not forgetting to ask if I could take a photo with the red maple leaf flag at the back of the office. She replied feel free to do it as you like.

That's it, dude, 10am, it took around 1 hour for everything. And enjoy the rest of my day at the Falls. Things may start pretty tough with a long wait but just done freezy breezy at the end. Hope the same come to all, don't lose your hope, we deserve it. Wish things go well and the best endeavor to all of us in this country, Canada!