Happy June 11

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doors are now closed for the 3/4 year Citizenship law... happy June 11... another spring/summer day...
Cheers

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trust me I was waiting for that moment for sooooo long to come.

And it's finally here 8)

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
the new forms are still not available - pretty shoddy performance by CIC here. Why set a date when you can't deliver on it?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so blessed to get my citizenship last year. this is frustrating to those who are qualified to apply this year. I feel sorry for those who have a working visa and applying for PR, unfortunately they have to wait another 4 years as PR before they can apply for citizenship. their stay/days as working visa is not counted anymore.

eyyyy i have a question what does “intent to reside” means, anyone?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
so blessed to get my citizenship last year. this is frustrating to those who are qualified to apply this year. I feel sorry for those who have a working visa and applying for PR, unfortunately they have to wait another 4 years as PR before they can apply for citizenship. their stay/days as working visa is not counted anymore.

eyyyy i have a question what does “intent to reside” means, anyone?
In a nutshell it means that you have to live in Canada at least 6 months during the year of your application.

Easy to be done.

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
In a nutshell it means that you have to live in Canada at least 6 months during the year of your application.

Easy to be done.
uh ok so it does not apply for those who have their citizenship? my friend tells me a different explanation and it makes me confused ha ha ha

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
uh ok so it does not apply for those who have their citizenship? my friend tells me a different explanation and it makes me confused ha ha ha
Intend to reside applies only until the Oath. There is nothing scary about that clause.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
MUFC said:
Intend to reside applies only until the Oath. There is nothing scary about that clause.
so you mean once you get citizenship, you don't have to stay and can travel abroad for any period and return back to Canada any time

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOBODYLIKEME said:
so you mean once you get citizenship, you don't have to stay and can travel abroad for any period and return back to Canada any time
Exactly

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
fishbone said:
the new forms are still not available - pretty shoddy performance by CIC here. Why set a date when you can't deliver on it?
ru eligible to apply today. so funny . does any one have a right to question cic other than posting in this forum

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOBODYLIKEME said:
fine and thanks for reply.
could you please tell us how could you know that or just prediction... ::)
It is written pretty clear in the Law itself

(1.1) For the purposes of paragraphs (1)(c.1) and 11(1)(d.1), the person’s intention must be continuous from the date of his or her application until they have taken the oath of citizenship.

NOBODYLIKEME

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
MUFC said:
It is written pretty clear in the Law itself

(1.1) For the purposes of paragraphs (1)(c.1) and 11(1)(d.1), the person's intention must be continuous from the date of his or her application until they have taken the oath of citizenship.

if I am not wrong, it is completely different in the new application form from what you said.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/citizen/CIT0002E-2.pdf

10. INTENTION
I intend, if granted citizenship,

to continue to reside in Canada;

to enter into, or continue in, employment outside Canada in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province,
otherwise than as a locally engaged person; or

to reside with my spouse or common-law partner, or parent, who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is employed outside Canada in or with the
Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province, otherwise than as a locally engaged person

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sid377 said:
Hi Mufc,

This is not what it's saying on the form.
What is written in the Law itself matters.
The intend to reside is only until the Oath.