+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

happy but nervous too

Chauvinist

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
hello friends , a week ago i recieved a call from canadian embassy in islamabad , and my and my family's passports were requested , we did not received any document only a call from ebassy's number , so we responded to the call and sent our passports , when i asked the caller about when visas will be issued , caller said that they will isue the visa very soon and forward our passports to IOM (internation organisation for migration ) and IOM will do the arrangement for our flight nd evething , guys i am very confused about how IOM office works and how long do they take in cases from peshawar pakistan , its been two weeks since i sent my passports but still hav not recieved ny response i am afraid about ny damage to our passports ny one familliar with IOM please help me

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Chauvinist said:
hello friends , a week ago i recieved a call from canadian embassy in islamabad , and my and my family's passports were requested , we did not received any document only a call from ebassy's number , so we responded to the call and sent our passports , when i asked the caller about when visas will be issued , caller said that they will isue the visa very soon and forward our passports to IOM (internation organisation for migration ) and IOM will do the arrangement for our flight nd evething , guys i am very confused about how IOM office works and how long do they take in cases from peshawar pakistan , its been two weeks since i sent my passports but still hav not recieved ny response i am afraid about ny damage to our passports ny one familliar with IOM please help me
wow, congratulations if u atlast got ppr and have sent ur pasports. i'm in the same situation but have not got ppr yet ,i thaught they can only ask pasport by request in mail and it come via TCS and then we send our pasports .. how long before ur backgrounds r done ? how much time it took for ur case? Islamabad is
a so slow station for me though. thanks .

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Chauvinist said:
Chauvinist,

Congratulations!!! I think it's a matter of 4-8 more weeks to get your Passports with the visas on.

How did you send the passports? Did you use a secured courier?

SFD

Chauvinist

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
tnx friends , yeah i sent my passports through TCS , which is considered the safest nd checked the tracking number which confirmed it was delivered , but the caller said that the passports wil not be returned to me , it will be forwarded to IOM ( international organisation for migration ) which will arrange our travel nd all stuff , do u know ny thing about IOM ?

Chauvinist

Star Member
Dec 19, 2010
saifsmarty said:
wow, congratulations if u atlast got ppr and have sent ur pasports. i'm in the same situation but have not got ppr yet ,i thaught they can only ask pasport by request in mail and it come via TCS and then we send our pasports .. how long before ur backgrounds r done ? how much time it took for ur case? Islamabad is
a so slow station for me though. thanks .
hello and tnx alot for ur wishes , yeah i also thought that ppr should be in document form , but i recieved call from islmbd office , and about ur question my application took so long , it took about 33 months to interview , 2 and a half months for medical documents and 2 and a half month for passports request , dnt know abt the next steps , brother can u tell me which category u are applying through , are u in spouse .... category , student visa or goin with ur family and also the last question are u familiar with IOM (international organization for migration ) ?

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
Chauvinist said:
hello and tnx alot for ur wishes , yeah i also thought that ppr should be in document form , but i recieved call from islmbd office , and about ur question my application took so long , it took about 33 months to interview , 2 and a half months for medical documents and 2 and a half month for passports request , dnt know abt the next steps , brother can u tell me which category u are applying through , are u in spouse .... category , student visa or goin with ur family and also the last question are u familiar with IOM (international organization for migration ) ?
hmm , which was ur category ? yeh ur time is also long but at last u got ppr and hav sent pasport. lets discuss further via e-mail " saif_smarty2003@yahoo.com ".i think,it will help us both to discuss and unserstand scenarios in a much better way,thx. wats ur e-mail ?

TI

Mar 1, 2011
After PPR request dated May 6, 2011, my pp reached CHC isb. on May 27, 2011 and this is almost 6th week, no news as yet :(

TI