+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hamilton

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
I wrote to Hamilton office asking why there has been no update since June 7 when I took the test. Paper application was sent in Dec 2020.

Here is the template answer I got back, Fingers crossed:)

"Hello,

Thank you for your email. Your test is recorded as passed In your application. Your application will be reviewed by an officer and then once your application is approved you will see that reflected in the online portal. From that time you can typically expect to be invited for Citizenship Oath Ceremony in 3-4 months. There are no specific timelines for the final decision on your application at this time."

Reactions: LagosNG

Canadian newcomer

Star Member
Feb 5, 2021
I wrote to Hamilton office asking why there has been no update since June 7 when I took the test. Paper application was sent in Dec 2020.

"Hello,

Thank you for your email. Your test is recorded as passed In your application. Your application will be reviewed by an officer and then once your application is approved you will see that reflected in the online portal. From that time you can typically expect to be invited for Citizenship Oath Ceremony in 3-4 months. There are no specific timelines for the final decision on your application at this time."

Your timeline actually sounds about right, when you look at the broader picture. Most people are looking at around 15-20 months to completion. Mine own took 17 months. You're at the year mark now, so hopefully if they're beginning to move a little faster, you may get your oath in the next 6 months or so... Don't worry, I know how hard it is to wait. Enjoy your holidays in the meantime :)

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

varlam

Dec 6, 2020

"Hello,

i completed my test May 15th and since then silence. with Hamilton office i am hoping to get my oath invite sometime next Dec or Jan-Feb 2023...

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

GA17

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
ON
New Update:

Citizenship Application:-------------- Single
Physical Presence:------------------- 1097
Application Sent:-------------------- October 28th
Date Delivered:---------------------- October 30th

AOR:-------------------------------- January 30th
In Process -------------------------- February 19th

Test Invite -------------------------- August 13th
Test Completed --------------------- August 16th
Test Status changed to completed:--August 17th
Language/Prohibitions/Physical Presence status changed to completed:---August 20th
Decision made on ECAS --------------------------------------------------August 20th
Oath Status Updated to "In-progress"------------------------------------December 1st
Oath Email Received -----------------------------------------------------December 4th
Virtual Oath Completed ------------ -------------------------------------December 15th *Fun Day*
Oath Status Updated to "Complete" -------------------------------------December 17th
Citizenship Certificate ---------------------------------------------------Not Yet Received

Reactions: Bimpsy_7 and varlam

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015

GA17

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
ON
New Update:

Citizenship Application:-------------- Single
Physical Presence:------------------- 1097
Application Sent:-------------------- October 28th
Date Delivered:---------------------- October 30th

AOR:-------------------------------- January 30th
In Process -------------------------- February 19th

Test Invite -------------------------- August 13th
Test Completed --------------------- August 16th
Test Status changed to completed:--August 17th
Language/Prohibitions/Physical Presence status changed to completed:---August 20th
Decision made on ECAS --------------------------------------------------August 20th
Oath Status Updated to "In-progress"------------------------------------December 1st
Oath Email Received -----------------------------------------------------December 4th
Virtual Oath Completed ------------ -------------------------------------December 15th *Fun Day*
Oath Status Updated to "Complete" -------------------------------------December 17th
Citizenship Certificate ---------------------------------------------------Not Yet Received
Final Update:
Application Status Updated to "Closed" ---------------------------------December 20th
Citizenship Certificate Received by Mail ---------------------------------December 24th

Thanks to everyone on this forum, your comments and replies were helpful and comforting. Special thanks to all those who voiced their concerns about the delays in our application process. Their voices were heard and IRCC is demonstrating the willingness to clear older applications. Keeping our fingers crossed, everyone affected will see updates sooner or later on their files.

Congratulations to my fellow New Canadians!

Good Luck to Everyone!

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello what is time from getting DM to get the test in hamilton office ?

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
Any Hamilton applicant went through the interview process? I had my interview done on 15th December and since then no update on my application, not even a decision made in ecas. During the interview, the officer said I should expect an oath invitation in 4-6 weeks; but I am not sure if I should trust that or not. Anyone else in the same boat? TIA.