+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hamilton

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
Hey guys, finally took the oath a couple of days ago, on April 20th. Still haven't seen any update on my tracker. The status for the oath ceremony is still "In Progress". Anyone knows how long does the NGF office generally take to release the Citizenship Certificate?

I checked my old ECAS though, it says "Complete" now. With the last update saying "You became a Canadian citizen on April 20, 2022."

Reactions: hassan09

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hey guys, finally took the oath a couple of days ago, on April 20th. Still haven't seen any update on my tracker. The status for the oath ceremony is still "In Progress". Anyone knows how long does the NGF office generally take to release the Citizenship Certificate?

I checked my old ECAS though, it says "Complete" now. With the last update saying "You became a Canadian citizen on April 20, 2022."
I think it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks for your certificate to get to you.

LemmeKnowIfYouKnow

Star Member
Oct 25, 2020
I think it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks for your certificate to get to you.
Yeah they said in the invite form that it could take 2-4 weeks but i was wondering why the online status still doesn't change to oath completed. I thought they do the next day once they receive our signed oath form. But let's see

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Emailed Hamilton office this morning asking if oath had by chance been scheduled as I have an important exam coming up. They already responded to let me know it could be 3-4 months until oath. I’m excited it’s DM and surprised they answered so quickly! And very glad it hopefully won’t overlap with my exam.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any one experience in hamilton office that he had to take the citizenship test again ,
How long it takes from hamilton office to send the retest ?
Thanks for your feed back

latiwesh

Sep 3, 2021
Emailed Hamilton office this morning asking if oath had by chance been scheduled as I have an important exam coming up. They already responded to let me know it could be 3-4 months until oath. I’m excited it’s DM and surprised they answered so quickly! And very glad it hopefully won’t overlap with my exam.
What email did you use? Everything got updated to complete except oath on April 14. Im traveling in July and staying away for a month and I’m worried that they might schedule it while I’m away. I need to let them know to see if they can schedule it before I travel. Even that I know that office isn’t really helpful

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
What email did you use? Everything got updated to complete except oath on April 14. Im traveling in July and staying away for a month and I’m worried that they might schedule it while I’m away. I need to let them know to see if they can schedule it before I travel. Even that I know that office isn’t really helpful
I replied to the same email that had my test invitation and explained to them about my exam, including my name, UCI, and DOB.

I’m not sure they’d speed up processing, and they just told me it could be 3-4 months until I get scheduled for the oath.

Have you tried a web form?

latiwesh

Sep 3, 2021
I replied to the same email that had my test invitation and explained to them about my exam, including my name, UCI, and DOB.

I’m not sure they’d speed up processing, and they just told me it could be 3-4 months until I get scheduled for the oath.

Have you tried a web form?
I tried by email and web form but no response. I guess I just gotta wait and hope for the best

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
I tried by email and web form but no response. I guess I just gotta wait and hope for the best
they may have only responded to me so quickly because I was asking about a scheduling conflict. Not like their information helped me about it, but it was nice to get a response.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls can some one advise if he came across retake the test from hamilton , how long it take to send the retest …thanks

nextfloat

May 16, 2021
Iam June 2021 applicant. Background check completed in Nov 2021 and no update after that. This Hamilton office seems crazy slow. Any idea when I can expect a test ??