Star Member
Dec 5, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-10-2017
My application progressed very quickly from test to DM, but now complete silence since almost 2 months ago.

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
I was actually planning to move my application to Scarborough, but not sure if that will cause further delay from Hamilton office side. It's disappointing!
July 2020 applicant from Hamilton office. Waiting for test invite. They have been sleeping since Feb 2021 on my application.

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
July 2020 applicant from Hamilton office. Waiting for test invite. They have been sleeping since Feb 2021 on my application.
My background check got completed on February 11 and since then no update. I ordered GCMS not recently and noticed that the location of my application is registry. That means, no officer is assigned, till date, to my application. Frustration is mounting!

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
I was actually planning to move my application to Scarborough, but not sure if that will cause further delay from Hamilton office side. It's disappointing!
you mean they may even delay the move from their office? i did not think about it. so they can simply do not move it for years and now you get stuck.
this is really no control situation. nobody is taking responsibility. never saw such a thing with any other governments. like there should be SLAs or some other lead times on each work someone is performing. you CANNOT refer to COVID and say we are not working, we do whatever we want, go and F yourself.
this is simply not correct. i paid them to work for me, and they do not work, they simply stolen my money, this is what i think of these guys, they are governmental level thieves. again, i believe everyone here and everywhere is working even it is covid or what. if myself and my team we dont work, one of essential services may stop, they will stop getting services. but we are working, right? why they are not working?

i sent many webforms, had many calls with call center, asked written and verbally to who i can escalate, they say to NO-ONE, which basically means we do whatever we want. their suggestion is, if you want we can stop processing your application.

any one here think this is a normal response from government? i dont think so :)

but it is what it is, i am pointless on what to do. they simply steal or our money and maybe put it in some saving accounts and make money on government level? not sure what else to think.

sick and tired of all

• Sad
Reactions: niazche

canuck90

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Brantford, ON
My background check got completed on February 11 and since then no update. I ordered GCMS not recently and noticed that the location of my application is registry. That means, no officer is assigned, till date, to my application. Frustration is mounting!
My background check is completed on March 9 and I have ordered multiple GCMS notes and even inquired through the MP office, no update. I just received GCMS notes (created on 08/04/21) and still sitting in the registry without assigning an officer. I'm not really sure what should I do at this point.

• Sad
Reactions: varlam

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
My background check is completed on March 9 and I have ordered multiple GCMS notes and even inquired through the MP office, no update. I just received GCMS notes (created on 08/04/21) and still sitting in the registry without assigning an officer. I'm not really sure what should I do at this point.
It is frustrating indeed but good thing is, hopefully, this is the last time we are dealing with IRCC.

Reactions: andrem

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The general pattern with Hamilton IRCC appears to be :

1) Outstanding June-July 2019 applicants are getting DMs and Oath invites, which is consistent with the timelines on check-status page
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
Last updated: August 10, 2021

We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
May 26 and June 1, 2019
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
2) October 2020 & later applicants were given test invites and IRCC is trying to meet their 1-year citizenship-processing SLA for them.

3) Remaining 2019 and Jan-Sep 2020 applications are in registry - gathering dust waiting to be assigned to officer. IRCC have no hope of meeting 1-year SLA for them so they have no urgency to pick these applications.

(Just my observation, nothing carved in stone)

Last edited:

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cheer up buddy, you are not alone. Many Many applicants, specially those who applied during IRCC covid "vacation" have identical "background check completed on March 9 and then nothing" status.

We have to be patient and hopefully our day would also come.

Last edited:

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
you mean they may even delay the move from their office? i did not think about it. so they can simply do not move it for years and now you get stuck.
this is really no control situation. nobody is taking responsibility. never saw such a thing with any other governments. like there should be SLAs or some other lead times on each work someone is performing. you CANNOT refer to COVID and say we are not working, we do whatever we want, go and F yourself.
this is simply not correct. i paid them to work for me, and they do not work, they simply stolen my money, this is what i think of these guys, they are governmental level thieves. again, i believe everyone here and everywhere is working even it is covid or what. if myself and my team we dont work, one of essential services may stop, they will stop getting services. but we are working, right? why they are not working?

i sent many webforms, had many calls with call center, asked written and verbally to who i can escalate, they say to NO-ONE, which basically means we do whatever we want. their suggestion is, if you want we can stop processing your application.

any one here think this is a normal response from government? i dont think so :)

but it is what it is, i am pointless on what to do. they simply steal or our money and maybe put it in some saving accounts and make money on government level? not sure what else to think.

sick and tired of all
wow !!! I looked at your signature and you are tired of waiting for 8 months? Just think about folks waiting since 2019 June/July/Aug. I think you should calm down and take a deep breath and not stress about things that are not in your control - aggravating and escalating about your application can do no help and i am not sure if they add any notes about the web requests/calls but when it gets picked up by any officer and they start reviewing all the call and web form notes - do you think its going to go in your favor?

Rest assured your application will get processed and you will get movement on your file.

varlam

Dec 6, 2020
wow !!! I looked at your signature and you are tired of waiting for 8 months? Just think about folks waiting since 2019 June/July/Aug. I think you should calm down and take a deep breath and not stress about things that are not in your control - aggravating and escalating about your application can do no help and i am not sure if they add any notes about the web requests/calls but when it gets picked up by any officer and they start reviewing all the call and web form notes - do you think its going to go in your favor?

Rest assured your application will get processed and you will get movement on your file.
thanks, i was not expecting and do not expect an answer from you.

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
Anyone who sent scanned passport copies to the Hamilton office, did you receive any confirmation email that your email was delivered to them?

GA17

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
ON
can you guys share your timelines?
Citizenship Application:-------------- Single
Physical Presence:------------------- 1097
Application Sent:-------------------- October 28, 2019
Date Delivered:---------------------- October 30, 2019

AOR:-------------------------------- January 30th 2020
In Process -------------------------- February 19, 2020

Test Invite -------------------------- August 13, 2021
Test Completed --------------------- August 16, 2021

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
I am about to send me now. Did you include blank pages in yours?
Yes you have to include blank pages.
Make sure to send it to the correct email.
They have 2 emails.
One for general inquiry and one for passport copies.
Also make sure to name your file according to the instruction provided.
After sending the email, let me know i you receive any confirmation email from them.
I did not receive any confirmation email.