+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hello,
I have been asked for an interview too. Can you share an update on your case? Were you able to get (or reschedule) to an early date?
Is this your first time stamping in Canada? If you are travelling from US for stamping, how did you get a Interview waiver?

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am applying for dropbox soon. Do you know why you might have been called for interview?

Were your previous stamps in Canada ? Do you currently live in Canada or here only for interview...trying to guess what percentage chance of getting called for interview :( for me ... I am a PR and currently residing in Canada...
Hey, did you sent out your docs for stamping? Whats your current status and which consulate did you mail it to??

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
No not yet, I got too busy and heard that timelines are slow currently so didn't want to risk an admin processing etc
Oh is it? Is it the same for all consulates! I have a travel plan to India in 2nd week of Oct do you think its a good idea to send out docs by this month end? Or it would be a 50-50? Any idea on average processing times?

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
Oh is it? Is it the same for all consulates! I have a travel plan to India in 2nd week of Oct do you think its a good idea to send out docs by this month end? Or it would be a 50-50? Any idea on average processing times?
I think most likely you should be fine. I was only following for Vancouver consulates though.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I think most likely you should be fine. I was only following for Vancouver consulates though.
ok thanks. i do not see many people sharing their dropbox experiences here so its difficult to know current timelines for Ottawa. i see people getting refusals and asking to attend for interviews which puts me in dilemma. do you know which consulate is fastest right now? Ottawa or Toronto?

ilikebabyelephent

Feb 14, 2021
I just paid the visa fee today on 08/22, surprisingly it welcomed with "Pending Consular Authorization" message.

Since you already dealt with this situvation, I could use your wisdom with respect to next steps.

1. How long did it take for you to receive the email instructions ?
2. Can we drop the documents off on the next day itself in Toronto Canada Post locations ?
3. What all documents are necessary to drop in the Canada post location?
4. How long did it take for you to receive your stamped passport?

Thanks in Advance!.
It took 10 days for me to receive the email instructions.

sam4089178

Sep 9, 2023
Mine was issued. First time H1B stamp, previous visa was F1 that expired in mid-2020. I am on a closed work permit in Canada.

Timeline:
06/28 Docs delivered to the consulate in Toronto
07/06 Application Received
07/10 Issued
07/11 Passport picked up by Canada Post
07/12 Delivered
Congrats. I have a question. Did you select YES or NO in this image?

I am in the same boat but I am unclear if I should select YES or NO.

Last edited:

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Yes, that is a standard message with an estimation of 5 weeks. In my case it was 10 days.
Sounds good, thank you for the reply. I also got the request in about 10 days on this Monday. Planning to send documents next Monday as I have an international trip this week.

Can we send the docs through any courier service and from any location? Or does it have to be Canadapost etc.?
Thank you,

ilikebabyelephent

Feb 14, 2021
Sounds good, thank you for the reply. I also got the request in about 10 days on this Monday. Planning to send documents next Monday as I have an international trip this week.

Can we send the docs through any courier service and from any location? Or does it have to be Canadapost etc.?
Thank you,
I submitted through near by Canada post ( they recently introduced this feature it seems ). It's been more than 10 days I submitted the documents and I still waiting for the decision though.

Reactions: Krishna008

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I submitted through near by Canada post ( they recently introduced this feature it seems ). It's been more than 10 days I submitted the documents and I still waiting for the decision though.
Oh Ok. All the best. Thank you. Can you please update when you receive your passport back.