+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

Rushpad

Aug 4, 2023
Hi, I have a question I'm just wondering if I'm eligible for the drop box option in Vancouver consulate. I am not a Canadian PR nor am I a Canadian citizen. I am a Filipino Citizen living in the USA with an H1b visa. My stay here in America is extended until 2026 but my visa stamp is expired. I wish to renew my H1b stamp in Vancouver. is that possible?

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
I too got this after paying the fees. It says estimated time for instructions is 5 weeks. How much time did it take for you? What is your timeline? Thanks.
I have still not got email instructions. Anyone else who got “Pending Consular Authorization” message after paying fees ?

vandm

Aug 9, 2023
I have still not got email instructions. Anyone else who got “Pending Consular Authorization” message after paying fees ?
I got that message on 7/7. I'm still waiting receive the email instructions.
Did you get the email yet or is it still pending counslar authorization?

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
I got that message on 7/7. I'm still waiting receive the email instructions.
Did you get the email yet or is it still pending counslar authorization?
I did not get any email yet. I paid money in 7/30.
Looks like you did this much earlier and still did not get. Why are they taking so long simple to send email instructions.

is there a way to contact them and check status ?

vandm

Aug 9, 2023
I did not get any email yet. I paid money in 7/30.
Looks like you did this much earlier and still did not get. Why are they taking so long simple to send email instructions.

is there a way to contact them and check status ?
Sorry for the typo -- I submitted the payment on 8/7 (this week).

Do you know if it gets too much delayed, can we skip/leave the stamping application and return to US (by the AVR rule)? Would it have a negative impact if the email instructions come to send the documents and we don't send the documents at all?

JustBal

Feb 27, 2021
Sorry for the typo -- I submitted the payment on 8/7 (this week).

Do you know if it gets too much delayed, can we skip/leave the stamping application and return to US (by the AVR rule)? Would it have a negative impact if the email instructions come to send the documents and we don't send the documents at all?
I think there won’t be any issue with AVR as you have not applied for visa until you submit docs for visa application.
It’s more than a week for me. Not sure how long will it take ..?
Not sure, how to check status with them?

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

vandm

Aug 9, 2023
I think there won’t be any issue with AVR as you have not applied for visa until you submit docs for visa application.
It’s more than a week for me. Not sure how long will it take ..?
Not sure, how to check status with them?
Did you get the email yet? Also, any luck finding a contact info to follow up / track the application?

Krishna008

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Hello...

I am planning to get my H4 stamping done in Toronto. I am living in Canada since February 2022. My previous H4 stamping was in India. And before that, my initial H4 visa was in Vancouver.

1. Will I be eligible for Dropbox now?
2. Is there a way to find out without paying fee?
3. Also, for the question country of Permanent Residence - do I need to answer Canada or India?
4. Also, I have some other questions. Can someone who went through this process recently help me please?

Thank you,
Krishna.

Apr 15, 2020
Hello All,
Im going to be applying for an H4 Dropbox, however, i did have a question about where to send the documents. Do we send the docs to ottawa? or can we choose to send it to ottawa or toronto? I have seen the toronto consulate takes about a month to process the visa, whereas ottawa is taking a couple of weeks.
Also, I called the people at AIS, and they mentioned that the only way to know that i am eligible for an interview waiver is that on the visa pay page, there won't be any appointment dates showing. I haven't paid my visa fees yet, i want to get all the info first before paying for it.

Another question is that, along with my Canadian PR card, do i need to send any other docs proving residency in Canada?

I would be traveling from the US to get the stamping done, and i would plan the trip accordingly.

a0122529

Aug 19, 2023
There is dropbox available in Canada. I just used it this year. However, you need to have your previous stampings from the same consulate to be eligible for Dropbox. If this is your first time stamping in Canada, you will most likely not be eligible for dropbox.
Can you please explain the step by step process on how to apply for dropbox in canada. Really appreciate the help, Thank you

ilikebabyelephent

Feb 14, 2021
Yeah, I just got it today.
I just paid the visa fee today on 08/22, surprisingly it welcomed with "Pending Consular Authorization" message.

Since you already dealt with this situvation, I could use your wisdom with respect to next steps.

1. How long did it take for you to receive the email instructions ?
2. Can we drop the documents off on the next day itself in Toronto Canada Post locations ?
3. What all documents are necessary to drop in the Canada post location?
4. How long did it take for you to receive your stamped passport?

Thanks in Advance!.

vandm

Aug 9, 2023
I got email saying it has been shipped and has tracking number. They send back to wher you selected as document delivery. Was able to schedule an appt for oct.
Are you still scheduled for appointment in Oct or were you able to find an earlier date? Did you need to collect the passports first before being able to schedule the appointment?

vandm

Aug 9, 2023
I have been asked to come to interview too. My application for h1b renewal received on 07/17.
Hello,
I have been asked for an interview too. Can you share an update on your case? Were you able to get (or reschedule) to an early date?