+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi I have posted docs on 5 & acknowledgment came on 9 November. As of now, still the same status that they received my application.
Thank you for your quick reply.

Do you mean your DS-160 status is 'Application received'?

I dropped off my documents at Canada post yesterday and they should be delivered at the consulate today.

zoh7009

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Thank you for your quick reply.

Do you mean your DS-160 status is 'Application received'?

I dropped off my documents at Canada post yesterday and they should be delivered at the consulate today.
Yes, the ds-160 status tracker website.
which consulate you have posted to?

Reactions: vj9

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
Hi all,
My application was changed to received status on nov 9 and today I just saw status as “Refused” in Toronto consulate. Not sure what to do now. Does this means it’s refused or being processed…

kpadm3

Star Member
Feb 5, 2022
Hi all,
My application was changed to received status on nov 9 and today I just saw status as “Refused” in Toronto consulate. Not sure what to do now. Does this means it’s refused or being processed…
My spouse's H4 had the status changed to Refused. Was waiting for about a week and then it changed to approved. So be patient!! : )

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
My spouse's H4 had the status changed to Refused. Was waiting for about a week and then it changed to approved. So be patient!! : )
oh god, I wonder why would the system play with our health? My anxiety went through the roof the minute I saw my status

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi all,
Could you give more details about your case?

Which consulate did you send your documents to?
Is this your 1st H-1B stamping?
Do you live in Canada?
Are you a Canadian PR?
Which documents did you send? Did you send PR copy?
Did you mail the documents from within Canada using their service?

Anything else that you can add to give more context would be helpful to figure out what might have gone wrong.

Last edited:

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
Could you give more details about your case?

Which consulate did you send your documents to?
Is this your 1st H-1B stamping?
Do you live in Canada?
Are you a Canadian PR?
Which documents did you send? Did you send PR copy?
Did you mail the documents from within Canada using their service?

Anything else that you can add to give more context would be helpful to figure out what might have gone wrong.
Which consulate did you send your documents to? I send documents as per instructions and nothing extra .. I think it was ds confirmation, photo, passport, i797, pr card copy, and few pages that came from instructions
Is this your 1st H1-B stamping? Yes
Do you live in Canada? Yes
Are you a Canadian PR? Yes
Which documents did you send? Did you send PR copy? I did send pr card copy
Did you mail the documents from within Canada using their service? Yes

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
Which consulate did you send your documents to? I send documents as per instructions and nothing extra .. I think it was ds confirmation, photo, passport, i797, pr card copy, and few pages that came from instructions

Sent to Toronto

vj9

Star Member
May 29, 2017

Oh everything looks good. Let's hope it will change to approved like it happened to others in this forum.

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
Haha reminds me of what I did. Saw mine approved ran towards her showed it and she asks to put hers and boom "Refused". I had to cook my own dinner that night.
Did you call the consulate or do you know any contact information to talk to them about it?

H1bissue

Nov 15, 2022
Hi I have posted docs on 5 & acknowledgment came on 9 November. As of now, still the same status that they received my application.
Have you seen any status update? Mine was showing “Received” until 7 pm yesterday and then went to “Refused” around 8 pm. I have similar time line as yours in Toronto.

kpadm3

Star Member
Feb 5, 2022
Did you call the consulate or do you know any contact information to talk to them about it?
No, the call center wouldn't assist with any visa decisions. Will have to wait for a week I would say. For anything other than approved status they would send a detailed explanation like a 221G form. Check your DM!!