+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Dear friends
A friend has already applied for visitor B visa and have appointment for Oct 15, but today H 1 visa is also approved.
How can he uses the interview time for h1 visa?
Or can he applies for 2 visa at same time with one ds160 ?
He already has paid 160$ , system does not let him to pay 190$ for h visa.
Thank you very much for your time.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Dear friends
A friend has already applied for visitor B visa and have appointment for Oct 15, but today H 1 visa is also approved.
How can he uses the interview time for h1 visa?
Or can he applies for 2 visa at same time with one ds160 ?
He already has paid 160$ , system does not let him to pay 190$ for h visa.
Thank you very much for your time.
He needs to write/call customer support regarding your issue and they would be able to adjust that fee and cancel his B appointment so that he should be able to book a new appointment for H1.

Reactions: sba

zoh7009

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hi All Final Update,

I got my Canadian PR in 2020 and currently working in USA on H1B Visa. My last H1b Stamping was done in India. I recently submitted for my Visa Stamping at Ottawa DropBox, below are the timelines

Arrived in Canada Toronto - 5th Sept 2022
Mailed the application date - 6th Sept 2022
Application Received date - 8th Sept 2022
Application Status on 8th Sept 2022 - No Status
Application Approved - 13th Sept 2022
Visa Issued - 14th Sept 2022
Passport shipped - 15th Sept 2022

No In Person interview requested. Thanks for the ones who responded to my queries. Good luck everyone
You arrived in Toronto and submitted to Ottawa? Can we submit it to any location in ON? and also which location does the drop box faster? Ottawa or Toronto based on this forum experiences?

Aug 4, 2022
Is anyone still waiting for their approval notice for H1B FY2023? My petition got approved in August 2022 and still waiting for the approval notice. Neither my attorney nor my employer received the notice yet. Is anyone in a similar situation.
How long after the approval did you guys receive the approval notice in hand?

Aug 4, 2022
Hi Hameed,
Have you submitted your docs yet? if yes, then can you share your experience from arriving to your current status?
I haven't submitted the documents yet. I am still waiting for my approval notice. My petition was approved back in August. Where are you in your application process?

adityacs007

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi All Final Update,

I got my Canadian PR in 2020 and currently working in USA on H1B Visa. My last H1b Stamping was done in India. I recently submitted for my Visa Stamping at Ottawa DropBox, below are the timelines

Arrived in Canada Toronto - 5th Sept 2022
Mailed the application date - 6th Sept 2022
Application Received date - 8th Sept 2022
Application Status on 8th Sept 2022 - No Status
Application Approved - 13th Sept 2022
Visa Issued - 14th Sept 2022
Passport shipped - 15th Sept 2022

No In Person interview requested. Thanks for the ones who responded to my queries. Good luck everyone
Thanks for sharing your experience! In case we get called for an interview (after Dropbox), do we need to schedule a new one, months away? In that case, you can't enter US and lose your job and H1b?

saiGaz

Star Member
May 29, 2020
I am a PR holder currently residing in the USA and got H1B. I tried to book an appointment and while answering questions, I choose already in Canada(but I am still in the USA), so I immediately got the instructions to submit the documents. How soon do I need to submit them? Is there any timeline or expiry time?

What all documents do we need to send? Are we supposed to send the Original or only Copy of them?

I choose Toronto Dropbox but can I send the documents from Vancouver? Whats the current timeline for the entire process?

Thanks
I am in the exact same boat as you (but flying to Canada on Nov 2nd week, my CoPR will expire in Aug 2023), have you got any response to your query?

Last edited:

astarter

Sep 2, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience! In case we get called for an interview (after Dropbox), do we need to schedule a new one, months away? In that case, you can't enter US and lose your job and H1b?
Yes, unfortunately that is true with dropbox :( If they call you in person, you'll have to take regular appointment for whatever date you get it for.

Jazmin2569

Aug 20, 2022
Yes, unfortunately that is true with dropbox :( If they call you in person, you'll have to take regular appointment for whatever date you get it for.
In that case (being called for an interview after sending in documents for the dropbox option in Canada), do they mail the passport back to you?

Aro

Jul 14, 2022
Hi, I dropped my documents for H1 stamping at the local BLS centre(Brampton) and wasn't given any receipt stating that I will get it when the documents reach the consulate(directly from the consulate). My embassy is Ottawa and its been 3 days. Is it normal ? Any suggestions what should i do.Thanks!