+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

H1B Stamping Dropbox in Canada

nookala_vikas

Aug 3, 2014
What options did you select to qualify for dropbox?
I am in a similar situation and it takes me to the payment page and schedule an appointment page.

I answered "Yes" to this question :

Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada? *

Should I answer no for it? I am currently residing in the US , have a PR card and moving to Canada in Mar/Apr but want to get H1 visa stamped via dropbox in Canada in Dec/Jan time frame so I can make a trip to India.
I did answer it as yes, I am travelling from a different country from USA to Canada for Stamping as I am a Canadian PR I qualify for Visa Waiver and can drop the documents in Dropbox. I am still waiting my application status to change from No Status to Application Approved. Hopefully in a weeks time

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
I did answer it as yes, I am travelling from a different country from USA to Canada for Stamping as I am a Canadian PR I qualify for Visa Waiver and can drop the documents in Dropbox. I am still waiting my application status to change from No Status to Application Approved. Hopefully in a weeks time
So you answered "yes" to that question and still got a eligibility for dropbox? I only get option for dropbox if I answer "no" to that question. I am also a Canadian PR holder, so wondering why its different for me :(

nookala_vikas

Aug 3, 2014
Hi All,

I got my Canadian PR in 2020 and currently working in USA on H1B Visa. My last H1b Stamping was done in India. I recently submitted for my Visa Stamping at Ottawa DropBox, below are the timelines

Arrived in Canada Toronto - 5th Sept 2022
Mailed the application date - 6th Sept 2022
Application Received date - 8th Sept 2022
Application Status on 8th Sept 2022 - No Status

Anyone who received a In Person Interview call can share the additional docs we may have to ready with.
Status Timelines
5th Sept 2022 - Arrived in Toronto
6th Sept 2022 - Mailed the application date (Drop off in Canada Post Office)
8th Sept 2022 - Application Received at Ottawa Office
12th Sept 2022 - Application Status from No Status to Application Received

The generic/ automatic update confused me but when I called the customer care I was told to ignore the below message. Just in case if anyis confused what the below message meant, Did not receive any email for the interview

"Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Ottawa "

Last edited:

missedTheGCBus

Star Member
Sep 8, 2022
I'm now thoroughly confused. I called the Canada NIV helpline number on their website.

And I was told explicitly that I must answer "NO" to the question :

Are you traveling from another country to apply for a U.S. visa in Canada?

They said that as long as you have a PR card you should answer no to this :|

Jazmin2569

Aug 20, 2022
So you answered "yes" to that question and still got a eligibility for dropbox? I only get option for dropbox if I answer "no" to that question. I am also a Canadian PR holder, so wondering why its different for me :(
I dont think you can get the dropbox option when answering "yes" to that questions. If you are traveling from another country (even if you are a canadian pr holder), it always gets you to the in-person interview. If you reside in canada, you get the dropbox option. I booked the dropbox option in case I do not get anything before summer 2023. But I am trying for the in-person interview before that.

Reactions: missedTheGCBus

ustocanada49

Star Member
Jan 6, 2017
Hi All,

I got my Canadian PR in 2020 and currently working in USA on H1B Visa. My last H1b Stamping was done in India. I recently submitted for my Visa Stamping at Ottawa DropBox, below are the timelines

Anyone who received a In Person Interview call can share the additional docs we may have to ready with.
Hi @nookala_vikas ,
This is your first stamping in Canada and you qualified for Dropbox straight? I am a PR holder (Canadian resident) too but last stamping was done in India via dropbox. You think I will qualify for drop box in India as well?

nookala_vikas

Aug 3, 2014
Hi @nookala_vikas ,
This is your first stamping in Canada and you qualified for Dropbox straight? I am a PR holder (Canadian resident) too but last stamping was done in India via dropbox. You think I will qualify for drop box in India as well?
Yes, I did the same thing as you did, earlier stamping was done in India Via Dropbox and after I got my PR did my first stamping in Canada. I answered the Question if you been 10 Finger Printed as YES

nookala_vikas

Aug 3, 2014
Can someone give me the required documents checklist for H1B Dropbox
You will get the checklist after you complete you application online on https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/users/sign_in . Normally below items would be required, but you can add items on top of it. For Canadian PR's

1. Original Passport + Expired Passport (If the the last Visa Stamping is present in it)
2. 2 x 2 Passport picture same one used for DS 160 form
3. Copy of your PR Card
4. Copy of I-797
5. DS-160 Confirmation
6. GIS Instructions and Confirmation page

nookala_vikas

Aug 3, 2014
Hi All Final Update,

Application Approved - 13th Sept 2022
Visa Issued - 14th Sept 2022
Passport shipped - 15th Sept 2022

No In Person interview requested. Thanks for the ones who responded to my queries. Good luck everyone

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi All Final Update,

No In Person interview requested. Thanks for the ones who responded to my queries. Good luck everyone
Great. Congrats. thats real quick. are you an FTE? or consultant?

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
I am a PR holder currently residing in the USA and got H1B. I tried to book an appointment and while answering questions, I choose already in Canada(but I am still in the USA), so I immediately got the instructions to submit the documents. How soon do I need to submit them? Is there any timeline or expiry time?

What all documents do we need to send? Are we supposed to send the Original or only Copy of them?

I choose Toronto Dropbox but can I send the documents from Vancouver? Whats the current timeline for the entire process?

Thanks

jpancholi0109

Jan 4, 2020
Hi All Final Update,

Hello,

That’s a pretty quick turnaround. Congrats on that. Is anyone else in here who got their passport that quick? when I called the customer care, they gave turnaround time of 4-6 weeks. Is that what you got too when you paid the fees?

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
My H1B Dropbox experience at Toronto Consulate.
Canadian PR, First time H1B stamping

- Application sent August 29th
- Application received Sep 1st
- Approved - Sep 1st
- Issued - Sep 6th
- Tracking no. activated - Sep 7th
- Passport received - Sep 8th

Docs sent -

1. DS-160 confirmation page
2. mail-in instructions
3. Courier Label page 2
4. i797 Notice of Action copy